Frankie Raffaele

do these handgun wallmounts damage the barrel at all?

I wanted to put my handguns on these wallmounts

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SG3VJC6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But i'm worried that over time it might bend or shift the barrel or something. I'm sure it's fine but what do you guys think about just having it hang on the wall with that sticking in the barrel?

No, the handgun would not be damaged.  If you are intending to just hang them on the wall to display them, I would strongly advise against it! It's nobodies business which guns you own and displaying them in such a fashion could very well come back to bite you in the butt!

Do what you wish but I would NEVER advertise what I own!

• Like 5

It will not bend or shift the barrel at all. But I would worry about scratching the bore or chamber; even though they claim that their powder coating will protect it. I would probably slide a piece of tubing over it just to be sure.

• Like 2

thanks for the info! i keep them all locked in a very secured walk-in closet, but I do display them nicely in there for myself to look at! :wub:

1 minute ago, RichP said:

It will not bend or shift the barrel at all. But I would worry about scratching the bore or chamber; even though they claim that their powder coating will protect it. I would probably slide a piece of tubing over it just to be sure.

Thank you! Is simply being very careful when I take it on and off a good way to prevent scratching it?

4 minutes ago, Frankie Raffaele said:

thanks for the info! i keep them all locked in a very secured walk-in closet, but I do display them nicely in there for myself to look at! :wub:

They are definitely fine for that use in an area that is secure and out of public view. You will not damage the guns in any way.:)

• Like 1

No, the handgun would not be damaged.  If you are intending to just hang them on the wall to display them, I would strongly advise against it! It's nobodies business which guns you own and displaying them in such a fashion could very well come back to bite you in the butt!
Do what you wish but I would NEVER advertise what I own!
Walk-in Vault and I am proud of my collection and I have no issue showing it to people. Obviously not every Tom, Dick, and Harry, but people I know and other collectors have seen my collection. I have nothing to hide.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So the days of this is no longer allowed or permissible? 
Amish-Deluxe-20-Gun-Cabinet-271123.jpg
Who says it isn't permissable. And it is refreshing to see a display that doesn't include tacti-cool plastic firearms. Come to think of it none of my plastic firearms are on the wall. They only make up 3% of my collection and none make the cut.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

so you're telling me its perfectly okay to keep them hanging like this indefinitely?

Don't have to worry about the barrel becoming tilted upwards or something? Sorry if this sounds paranoid but I just want to keep them in the best condition possible.

https://ibb.co/iKvVZc
https://ibb.co/ccv8LH

edit: also that's a pinned mag on the stag, don't jump on me :B:):

Frankie Raffaele Wrote:

"so you're telling me its perfectly okay to keep them hanging like this indefinitely?

Don't have to worry about the barrel becoming tilted upwards or something? Sorry if this sounds paranoid but I just want to keep them in the best condition possible."

Look what those damn rods did to my M&P!:(

It shoots a little high now so I just have to aim for the bad guy's feet!

blogger-image--1149937813.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Frankie Raffaele Wrote:

"so you're telling me its perfectly okay to keep them hanging like this indefinitely?

Don't have to worry about the barrel becoming tilted upwards or something? Sorry if this sounds paranoid but I just want to keep them in the best condition possible."

that is precisely what I figured would happen after leaving them on there too long. thanks for letting me know to replace these with different racks.

I don't like the racks that hold a bunch of handguns at once, I just want 2 separate handgun display mounts right now

2 minutes ago, Frankie Raffaele said:

that is precisely what I figured would happen after leaving them on there too long. thanks for letting me know to replace these with different racks.

I don't like the racks that hold a bunch of handguns at once, I just want 2 separate handgun display mounts right now

LOL, That was a joke! That barrel is meant to pivot up when the action is opened.:) There is NO chance that any handgun would ever be damaged. those rods would bend long before the barrel ever would!

• Like 2

LOL, That was a joke! That barrel is meant to pivot up when the action is opened.[emoji4] There is NO chance that any handgun would ever be damaged. those rods would bend long before the barrel ever would!
I would think he knew it was a joke and was playing along. If he was serious, then ....
796d376c16be46babb0d2190593e68d5.jpg
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Frankie Raffaele said:

so you're telling me its perfectly okay to keep them hanging like this indefinitely?

Don't have to worry about the barrel becoming tilted upwards or something? Sorry if this sounds paranoid but I just want to keep them in the best condition possible.

https://ibb.co/iKvVZc
https://ibb.co/ccv8LH

edit: also that's a pinned mag on the stag, don't jump on me :B:):

Do the rubber hose suggestion.  Sometimes unlike metals can react when touching for a long enough time and cause damage or pitting.  I'm not a Metallurgist and don't play one on TV but I've seen this happen.

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Frankie Raffaele Wrote:

I just picked up a Shield .45.  Haven't had a chance to fire it yet.  You like it? 

17 minutes ago, BobA said:

I just picked up a Shield .45.  Haven't had a chance to fire it yet.  You like it? 

LOL, I just grabbed that pic for the joke. I do have a Sig P938 and a Beretta that have the same tilt but are NOT striker fired.

For a really compact 9mm, I highly recommend the Sig P938.

13 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

LOL, I just grabbed that pic for the joke. I do have a Sig P938 and a Beretta that have the same tilt but are NOT striker fired.

For a really compact 9mm, I highly recommend the Sig P938.

I also picked up a Kahr PM.  And that's it for now.  I'm tired of doing the permit dance with NJSP.  I've decided to wait for Ginsberg to die.

• Like 1

Do the rubber hose suggestion.  Sometimes unlike metals can react when touching for a long enough time and cause damage or pitting.  I'm not a Metallurgist and don't play one on TV but I've seen this happen.

They are coated! This thread makes my head hurt.[emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankie Raffaele said:

Implied Face Palm.jpg

• Like 2