Sign in to follow this  
Stonecoldchavez

FFL question

28 minutes ago, Stonecoldchavez said:

Is it possible to be an FFL to purchase C & R's for your self and not resell them? Also, what about having an FFL and using it to purchase firearms out of state but not resell them? 

Thanks,

S. 

No and no.  Well, yes and yes but you technically do not own them and they need to remain at the place of business where the FFL resides.

You can get a C&R FFL.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Exactly. Yet I'm told FFL03 are worthless in NJ. However I don't believe that to be the case. Why couldn't you pickup C&R Firearm out of state and bring back. Same as you would an Antique.

PK90-
Thanks for the reply. Can you explain this in a little more detail for me?. 
S. 
FFL03 is C&R collector license from Federal government. You can buy any handgun or longgun that is C&R eligible (on list or over 50 years old) from anyone directly without need for FFL or NICS. Most states seller can ship to your house. NJ you can't use C&R in state or have shipped to house but you could go to PA or any other free state and pickup from the seller direct. You need to keep a log of your purchases and sales. It is not a license to sell. It is a license to purcahse for your collection.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2