fishnut

Need computer advice

When you decide what you want,.look at tigerdirectdotcom.  

One of my brother in-laws recommended them when I was looking to replace my very old desktop.  He has bough a lot from them.  We bought a refurbished Dell and saved quite a bit.  Purchased a new 24 monitor as well for $90 I think.

Well worth the look.  Good luck with your purchase.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

One of my brother in-laws recommended them when I was looking to replace my very old desktop.  He has bough a lot from them.  We bought a refurbished Dell and saved quite a bit.  Purchased a new 24 monitor as well for $90 I think.

I think we got the toshiba from Tiger.

my It Guy, cough, is some big deal for capital one ore sumtin. Ergo, Uber nerd. But I’ve brought him shooting, he’s very interested/ excited

Chromebooks are small and really just phones so more akin to a tablet.

Lower model Macbook is on sale right now for a halfway decent price at best buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-13-3-display-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-128gb-flash-storage-latest-model-silver/5465502.p?ref=199&loc=qcLRzjFniJE&acampID=1&siteID=qcLRzjFniJE-aZzloAkkqgU.HNXuFyjlmw

Meanwhile - this powerhouse here will be good for years... can even do gaming...

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/dell-inspiron-15-laptop#dell-inspiron-15-5577

• Like 1

Better to take the ride to MicroCenter. Check Slickdeals for the best deals. However OP Specs only call for a Tablet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Chromebooks are small and really just phones so more akin to a tablet.

Lower model Macbook is on sale right now for a halfway decent price at best buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-macbook-air-13-3-display-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-128gb-flash-storage-latest-model-silver/5465502.p?ref=199&loc=qcLRzjFniJE&acampID=1&siteID=qcLRzjFniJE-aZzloAkkqgU.HNXuFyjlmw

Meanwhile - this powerhouse here will be good for years... can even do gaming...

https://www.dealzon.com/deals/dell-inspiron-15-laptop#dell-inspiron-15-5577

Thanks. I sent this to the wife and she text back that she ordered the MacBook LOL. I think she wanted the apple all along. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Thanks. I sent this to the wife and she text back that she ordered the MacBook LOL. I think she wanted the apple all along. 

Ya know... that’s interesting... my wife will ask me for input... but I don’t think it matters. Like a strategy or sumtin.

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Ya know... that’s interesting... my wife will ask me for input... but I don’t think it matters. Like a strategy or sumtin.

To make us feel important or something

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fishnut said:

At that price, it's hard to not want it... and if it's that cheap skip the applecare lol...  just buy another one you rich mofo :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

He now has the latest IPAD now with a remote keyboard - and loves it - small light - instant on - and does everything he wants to do with it.

The price of an iPad is the same as a complete laptop. Why would he limit himself to a tablet?

3 hours ago, fishnut said:

From your guys advice it looks like the apple more than we need. The wife is now looking at chrome books? Any recommendations or suggestions on ones to stay away from? 

I would suggest looking at Bestbuy. Check out the HP laptops. Since you have limited knowledge of computers, if you have an issue or technical problem, their Geek dudes will be able to easily help you out.

Thanks guys we will take a look at some tablets 

The iPad pros have covers that also include a keyboard of course it’s an uptick but they have reasonable sized tablets depending on how bad yer eyes are.they also have the pen stylus that you could also add to write on the tablet. Again another uptick. Head to yer local Apple store in the mall once you review it to get a hands on demo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I needed one right away after I spilled water all over the previous laptop.  I usually shop Dell, but since it was urgent, I stopped in the local Staples.  Suprisingly, they had some pretty good deals.  Walked out with a Pavilion 15 inch with 16gb ram and tons of hard dive space with core i7 chipset.  For about $600.  The only drawback is that hit you an extra $100 for the MS Office voucher.