Frankie Raffaele

What's the deal with pinned magazines right now?

When I bought my Stag 15 Retro a few weeks ago, my FFL said i could order the 30 round mags pinned at 10 rounds since we'd be getting limited to 10 rounds but i wanted the longer look of the mag.

Now I went back there today talking about a buying longer mags for the walther g36 replica and getting them pinned, and he told me that pretty soon we won't be able to have 30 rd mags that are pinned at 10.

so what's the deal?

When I bought my Stag 15 Retro a few weeks ago, my FFL said i could order the 30 round mags pinned at 10 rounds since we'd be getting limited to 10 rounds but i wanted the longer look of the mag.
Now I went back there today talking about a buying longer mags for the walther g36 replica and getting them pinned, and he told me that pretty soon we won't be able to have 30 rd mags that are pinned at 10.
so what's the deal?
NJ law is 15 round capacity

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indianajonze said:

NJ law is 15 round capacity

doesn't seem like that will be the case for long, but at any rate is it legal to own higher capacity magazines that are shipped to me pinned at a legal capacity? I bought the magazines already pinned directly from stag

cool, yeah they're pinned at 10. can't even squeeze the tenth in there really, so it's the real deal!
It's a common problem I think. Ppl struggle with the 30th round in a 30rd and the 15th round in a 15rd. I've seen recommendations to always load 1 less round to avoid loading and seating issues, but then again a lot of ppl don't complain at all. Depends on the mag brand I suppose

• Like 1

Sounds like an FFL who is talking out his ass and making up laws. Would be ironic if the same FFL then modded mags in a non-compliant way.

15 rounds is still legal today. Probably won't be a year from now, but today, they are. There was at least one proposal for 5 round limits, so why not pin everything there while he's at it?

Half the stuff that takes 10 or 15 (or 30) rd detachable mags has more than one evil feature if you look at proposed laws, so if he is worried about the future, why even transfer anything evil at all?

Or we follow current law, have fun while we can, fight while we can, and worry bout what happens if or when it happens.

• Like 3