rtquig

It appears the fight is lost.

I was there in 1990.  The whole street in front of the state house was cordoned-off and the speaker's platform was in the middle of the street.  The whole street was filled with people.

I was there in 2013.  I remember all the snow and yuck.  We still overflowed the courtyard in front of the state house.

I look forward to being there on Monday. 

• Like 2

I was there in 1990.  The whole street in front of the state house was cordoned-off and the speaker's platform was in the middle of the street.  The whole street was filled with people.
I was there in 2013.  I remember all the snow and yuck.  We still overflowed the courtyard in front of the state house.
I look forward to being there on Monday. 
How many is that approximately?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I am a little reluctant to give estimates based upon 28 year old memories....but a lot more were there in 1990 (which had a lot better weather) than 2013.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, capt14k said:

Monday I think will be huge one way or the other. 100 show up and we are screwed. They will laugh while passing everything. 1,000 show up still not enough. 10,000 show up now we have a chance. 100,0000 show up and they won’t be passing much. How many will show up is anyone’s guess. Has there been any estimates?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Facebook invite has 1500 "going or interested in attending". The NRA is publicizing the rally and organizing buses for rides to Trenton. Hopefully at least several thousand if not more.  10k I think would be a very good turn out.  100k is pie in the sky dreaming for NJ.  

• Like 1

The Facebook invite has 1500 "going or interested in attending". The NRA is publicizing the rally and organizing buses for rides to Trenton. Hopefully at least several thousand if not more.  10k I think would be a very good turn out.  100k is pie in the sky dreaming for NJ.  
10,000 will at least not be counterproductive. Glad to hear it looks positive. Under 1,000 would be disastrous. Thank you for the update.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, capt14k said:

Monday I think will be huge one way or the other. 100 show up and we are screwed. They will laugh while passing everything. 1,000 show up still not enough. 10,000 show up now we have a chance. 100,0000 show up and they won’t be passing much. How many will show up is anyone’s guess. Has there been any estimates?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I say 1-2000 may show up. No way 10k show up unless they are bused in from other states. There is simply no place to park for 10K to be in Trenton, let along 100K.

I took off to attend. This day is too important not to miss. 

• Like 1

I say 1-2000 may show up. No way 10k show up unless they are bused in from other states. There is simply no place to park for 10K to be in Trenton, let along 100K.
I took off to attend. This day is too important not to miss. 
If 1,000 or less show up it is counter productive. We would be saying this is all that care, and they will laugh while passing every law on the docket. 10,000 can look like 50,000 in such a small area. That will make a difference. I'm hoping there are people coming from other states. There is a lot of secrecy and I am trusting in the organizers. I will be there.

Look at the anti-gun rally held today...on a Saturday.  Our is on a Monday. We, as gun owners tend to be conservative, hard working Americans that actually work for a living. The Other side are non-working college students, paid professional rable rousers and very left-wing side of the spectrum. The have the time and money to attend their rallies. We have to go to work to support our families.

Plus they get all the free media coverage.  We get nothing. Back page news coverage, if any at all. Ours is an uphill battle; for them all they have to do is show up to get paid. I will bet a C-note we do not get 1/3 of the media coverage on Monday as they did on Saturday. It will not fit the medias narrative. 

• Like 4

I hate to say I agree with the above post. However here is some info that maybe helpful.

Edit Farmingdale Bus is listed. However For those in the Western Monmouth area I think the best route is to drive to Princeton Junction hop on train to Trenton and then walk or take bus to rally location. $5 to park in Princeton Junction, $5 for train each way ($2.45 Seniors, Disabled, and Child), and $2.50 for bus each way. Total $20 for most of us.

Trains leave

#3815 7:22AM arrives 7:38AM

#3817 7:56AM arrives 8:12AM

#3921 8:26AM arrives 8:45AM

Last train is cutting it close. Walk is 20 minutes. Buses leave every 10 min and take 4-7min. Hope info helps.

• Like 1

capt14k-

I hope 10K show up. In 2013 the weather was shitty and a lot of people showed up. If the weather is half way decent there should be at least a few thousand. They would have to block off the street in front of the State House in order to do that. I think that requires a rally permit. 

I gotta say, this whole thing was poorly planned.  I know they (the organizers) tried to do the best they could with the time they had but they could have done better.  Why not have guest speakers there, like Dana Loesh for the NRA hardliners and if they could have convinced Hickock45 or MAC to speak, that would have drawn a younger crowd.

Groups like BLM and Antifa are highly organized and mobile.  They are ready to go anywhere on a moment's notice based on a tweet or text message.  The NRA, ANJRPC and other NJ based 2A groups had several weeks to organize a rally, actually months, it's not like we didn't know this was coming,

The opposition is ready to strike any time, anywhere and I am dismayed that we do not have the same ability because there is no genuine passion among the majority of NJ gun owners to defend our basic civil liberties and constitutional rights.

I applaud the efforts of everyone here who is going and who did their best to get the word out.  And I appreciate the NRA, ANJRPC CNJFO and all the other groups for their hard work.  We will make an impact on Monday, how much is anyone's guess though.  We can do better and we should not give up the fight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stonecoldchavez said:

Look at the anti-gun rally held today...on a Saturday.  Our is on a Monday. We, as gun owners tend to be conservative, hard working Americans that actually work for a living. The Other side are non-working college students, paid professional rable rousers and very left-wing side of the spectrum. The have the time and money to attend their rallies. We have to go to work to support our families.

Plus they get all the free media coverage.  We get nothing. Back page news coverage, if any at all. Ours is an uphill battle; for them all they have to do is show up to get paid. I will bet a C-note we do not get 1/3 of the media coverage on Monday as they did on Saturday. It will not fit the medias narrative. 

Am I wrong? Theirs was set up for them by them on a Saturday, we are just countering what they did, their meeting on Monday

5 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I gotta say, this whole thing was poorly planned.  I know they (the organizers) tried to do the best they could with the time they had but they could have done better.  Why not have guest speakers there, like Dana Loesh for the NRA hardliners and if they could have convinced Hickock45 or MAC to speak, that would have drawn a younger crowd.

Groups like BLM and Antifa are highly organized and mobile.  They are ready to go anywhere on a moment's notice based on a tweet or text message.  The NRA, ANJRPC and other NJ based 2A groups had several weeks to organize a rally, actually month, it's not like we didn't know this was coming,

The opposition is ready to strike any time, anywhere and I am dismayed that we do not have the same ability because there is no genuine passion among the majority of NJ gun owners to defend our basic civil liberties and constitutional rights.

I applaud the efforts of everyone here who is going and who did their best to get the word out.  And I appreciate the NRA, ANJRPC CNJFO and all the other groups for their hard work.  We will make an impact on Monday, how much is anyone's guess though.  We can do better and we should not give up the fight.

Groups like BLM and Antifa have Soros and Bloomberg $$$$$$.  We do not.   I do agree about speakers though. Get Colin Noir (young and black= Trenton) to speak. 

• Like 1

Am I wrong? Theirs was set up for them by them on a Saturday, we are just countering what they did, their meeting on Monday
I think the Monday reason is because of the vote being held that day. I think we should have done it today, but what's done is done.

Groups like BLM and Antifa have Soros and Bloomberg $$$$$$.  We do not.   I do agree about speakers though. Get Colin Noir (young and black= Trenton) to speak. 
We should have Koch money

1 hour ago, Stonecoldchavez said:

Groups like BLM and Antifa have Soros and Bloomberg $$$$$$.  We do not.

Yes, we do.  We have the NRA and ANJRPC who have collected 10's of millions of dollars from NJ residents ($35.00 x 1,000,000=$35M USD) forced to pay NRA dues to join ranges here.  It's like....uh, what was that reason for the Revolutionary war???  taxation without representation.  I consider having to join the NRA as a precondition to join a NJ range the same as a poll tax, for which we get practically nothing in return.

We could also self fund.  I'm sure there are at least a couple dozen very wealthy 2A supporting NJ philanthropists who would back a movement if we approach them with a solid game plan.

Koch is an elitist too. They do not want the citizens armed either. 
Possibly, but we won't know til we ask.

Valid points.
Where are these rich 2A NJ philanthropists? 
They are out there. Not every rich guy is a Liberal. I would start with people like John Hall of Hall Construction and DePalma. Large Construction company owners are likely to be Conservative and Pro Gun.

14 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Yes, we do.  We have the NRA and ANJRPC who have collected 10's of millions of dollars from NJ residents ($35.00 x 1,000,000=$35M USD) forced to pay NRA dues to join ranges here.  It's like....uh, what was that reason for the Revolutionary war???  taxation without representation.  I consider having to join the NRA as a precondition to join a NJ range the same as a poll tax, for which we get practically nothing in return.

We could also self fund.  I'm sure there are at least a couple dozen very wealthy 2A supporting NJ philanthropists who would back a movement if we approach them with a solid game plan.

I can't really get into this right now, but suffice to say you have a very strange way about you.  Passionately UNINFORMED at the very least!  Ensuring a strong NRA is akin to a Poll Tax?  Really?  And NRA & ANJRPC gets millions from NJ?  HA!  Who do you think is paying for the buses?  10's of thousands of dollars it's costing.  They can afford this because of all of the CHEAP EFFERS that need a $25 Cabela's gift card incentive (handed to you as you pay) to sign-up with a $35 payment to NRA at "NRA Day" at Cabela's, right?  Like $10 bucks a year pays for a magazine & postage 12 times a year?

Ideas are great.  Execution is where the rubber meets the road!  How about I appoint you as Development Chair & make YOU in-charge of writing the letters & opening the doors to all of this free money you wrote about?  It's just EASY to do, right?

We need a sit-down over a beer so I can 'splain things to you.  See me at the Rally to schedule it please!

Rosey

• Like 1

Just now, JohnnyB said:

Yeah.......The antis would love that!

Obviously they would, but crying outside like little children won't accomplish anything. Dragging the traitors out by their hair and making examples of them. 

Signs and chants won't reverse or slow what will happen tomorrow. Every bill will pass tomorrow and they will be signed the second they hit the governors desk. 

They are not afraid of your signs. They don't need your vote. There are things that all humans are afraid of however. 

Obviously they would, but crying outside like little children won't accomplish anything. Dragging the traitors out by their hair and making examples of them. 

Signs and chants won't reverse or slow what will happen tomorrow. Every bill will pass tomorrow and they will be signed the second they hit the governors desk. 

They are not afraid of your signs. They don't need your vote. There are things that all humans are afraid of however. 
Feel free to do just that. We will all be there to support you.

• Like 1

Just now, capt14k said:

Feel free to do just that. We will all be there to support you.

That's why I'm going to work tomorrow and looking at property in free states. No point in wasting my time chanting and carrying signs. 

1 hour ago, Alex V said:

That's why I'm going to work tomorrow and looking at property in free states. No point in wasting my time chanting and carrying signs. 

How nice for you.  However, if you are not going to jump in this thread to say something nice and encouraging, but instead of intimating we are all morons for wasting our time for something we believe in, just go away, m'kay.  thanks.

We still believe in something you obviously don't so please stop wasting our time by trying to sap our moral.  In the military, you would be ripe for a blanket party.

• Like 3