rtquig

It appears the fight is lost.

Here is  the email I received from my Districts Legislators:

Your recent correspondence to our 9th District Legislative Office in opposition to new gun control measures was received and reviewed by our Delegation which greatly appreciates your proactive outreach and valued input.

Protecting Second Amendment rights continues to be a significant priority for our Delegation in representing the interests of a large segment of our constituency.  As the records show, the principled stance we have consistently taken is in opposition to “feel good” gun-control measures that will only impact law-abiding gun owners as opposed to criminals who disregard the law by their very nature.

New Jersey already has the third most restrictive gun laws in the nation - behind only California and Connecticut.  This has led many constituents, such as you, to question the effectiveness of enacting yet more State gun laws in preventing violence.

Over the course of his two terms, former-Governor Christie vetoed a significant number of poorly conceived and written gun control bills that our Delegation opposed and voted against in representing of you and similarly-minded constituents.  Fast forward to the present, in which Governor Murphy ran on a campaign platform that touted his Administration would sign a number of gun control bills that former Governor Christie vetoed.

Equally notable is the fact that by running on this platform, Governor Murphy’s party expanded its majority in both Houses of the State Legislature - the same controlling party that passed the gun control legislation that former Governor Christie vetoed.  In the wake of the Parkland, Florida mass shooting tragedy, gun control advocates in the Legislature have advanced legislation and intensified rhetoric on the issue. 

It is our responsibility to provide you with an objective and sober assessment of the dynamics at play in the Legislature and Governor’s office with respect to gun control.  That being said, our Delegation remains committed to protecting the Second Amendment rights cherished by our constituents and, will act accordingly, in carrying out our Legislative obligations to protect and uphold the US Constitution.

Thank you for the privilege of serving as your 9th District State Representatives and we hope that you will maintain an open line of communication with our Delegation on this or any other State issue of interest to you. 

They are being honest. The Democrats outnumber the Republicans, and the bill that passed in the Assembly will be passed in the Senate.

Man, you sound so quick to throw in the towel! Why on earth would you post a disheartening title like that at such a critical juncture in this fight? We're only a few months in on a 4-year battle and you're defeated already??

I'm by no means a pollyanna, but I do know the one thing all politicians share in common is that they want to get voted in again during the next election. The anti-gun folks know that an angry, engaged opposition is not good for them at the polls (even if they have MORE constituents, many don't vote). Why do you think they're already scaling back some of the proposed gun control legislation? It's because angry constituents showed up, that's why! And you don't think they're well aware of the press this Lacey Township case got? They're afraid of poking a sleeping tiger.  Maybe not Murphy himself, who no doubt (foolishly) thinks he has a shot at higher office, but the careerists like Sweeney may think twice before diving in fully on anti-constitutional laws that could get overturned by a higher court while whipping up the opposition against him. One thing is for sure, if we give up... it will definitely get FAR WORSE!

So, to brass tacks... have you requested this Monday off? Did you arrange a bus ride or carpool yet? Or will you be spending that day drowning yourself in defeatism? :facepalm:

Do yourself a favor, go read some stories and quotes by John Paul Jones or Patrick Henry... good people to study up on when you're thinking about quitting. Find some fortitude! Sheesh. The Founding Fathers must be rolling in their graves right about now.

• Like 7

Such a friendly response. I didn't say I liked what was sent to me. Here is a State Senator that knows better than anyone on this board what the outcome of the vote will be. 

When you are retired, you don't need to request Mondays off.  New Jersey is a lost cause when it comes to firearms. If you don't believe it, well maybe you should read some Fairy Tales yourself.

I live in Lacey, I know the situation better first hand than what you think you have read.

So, tell me which Legislators you have written to, spoken to, or went to their office. 

11 minutes ago, rtquig said:

Such a friendly response. I didn't say I liked what was sent to me. Here is a State Senator that knows better than anyone on this board what the outcome of the vote will be. 

When you are retired, you don't need to request Mondays off.  New Jersey is a lost cause when it comes to firearms. If you don't believe it, well maybe you should read some Fairy Tales yourself.

I live in Lacey, I know the situation better first hand than what you think you have read.

So, tell me which Legislators you have written to, spoken to, or went to their office. 

I lived in lacey for 40 years. Moved to waretown last year. Spoken to both Sen. Connors about gun control.

2 minutes ago, 1563621 said:

I lived in lacey for 40 years. Moved to waretown last year. Spoken to both Sen. Connors about gun control.

I have spoken several times with Senator Connors over the past several years concerning our 2A rights. He is in our corner. That is who sent the letter I posted. I have lived in Lacey for 42 years now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rtquig said:

Well, if I was a little harsh... it's only because i was hoping there might be some small vestige of fight left in you that I might be able to "spark". I'm only sorry it didn't work. :(  

As far as my personal efforts, well... even though that was a deflection, I'm totally fine with my efforts. In the last 90 days, I've spoken to my Congressman's office twice, I've both emailed and called the White House, I've written to all the members of the NJ commission that was reviewing this heinous pending legislation, and I've emailed the CEO's of Dick's Sporting Goods and a few other cowardly purveyors of sporting goods. But again, let's not make this about me....

And if you have some unique insights about the Lacey situation, please share! I'm all ears. I'm sure we'd all love to hear.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you... I'm really not! I'm merely pointing out that when others are gearing up for battle, it's more than a bit ill-mannered to run up and down the battlefield crying, "lost cause! don't bother!" Maybe you can see my point, maybe you can't. 

• Like 5

more infighting bullcrap - ya'll need to grow up - me as well .

We are all frustrated -

We are all on the right side -

We all need to vent -

We all need to allow a pity party every now and then -

We ALL NEED TO REALIZE THEY WIN WHEN WE GIVE UP.......

Truthfully I say to you - if you want them come get them - I am willing to die in a bloody mess on my doorstep protecting my home - my rights- my freedom.  Are you?

Sadly we are in a time where this question may need to be answered and our forefathers are turning their graves......  or maybe tipping a hat - time will tell.

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, if I was a little harsh... it's only because i was hoping there might be some small vestige of fight left in you that I might be able to "spark". I'm only sorry it didn't work. :(  

As far as my personal efforts, well... even though that was a deflection, I'm totally fine with my efforts. In the last 90 days, I've spoken to my Congressman's office twice, I've both emailed and called the White House, I've written to all the members of the NJ commission that was reviewing this heinous pending legislation, and I've emailed the CEO's of Dick's Sporting Goods and a few other cowardly purveyors of sporting goods. But again, let's not make this about me....

And if you have some unique insights about the Lacey situation, please share! I'm all ears. I'm sure we'd all love to hear.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you... I'm really not! I'm merely pointing out that when others are gearing up for battle, it's more than a bit ill-mannered to run up and down the battlefield crying, "lost cause! don't bother!" Maybe you can see my point, maybe you can't. 

I can and do see your point. As everyone that is concerned over pur 2A rights, I have non stop followed not only this forum, but others as well, read and re-read the sponsored bills looking for some hope that these bills will not be realized.

I do believe this last 5 bills regretfully will be passed. I was disheartened to receive the above letter from my Senator.

While my title could have been worded better, it is not meant to be a defeates concession.

There are no ill feelings towards you or your response. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

more infighting bullcrap - ya'll need to grow up - me as well .

We are all frustrated -

We all need to vent -

We ALL NEED TO REALIZE THEY WIN WHEN WE GIVE UP.......

Truthfully I say to you - if you want them come get them - I am willing to die in a bloody mess on my doorstep protecting my home - my rights- my freedom.  Are you?

Sadly we are in a time where this question may need to be answered and our forefathers are turning their graves......  or maybe tipping a hat - time will tell.

I ask myself this question many times in the past months. My answer to myself is who is actually coming to take them? Once I know, then I can truthfully decide my action. Local or Feds?

10 minutes ago, rtquig said:

I can and do see your point. As everyone that is concerned over pur 2A rights, I have non stop followed not only this forum, but others as well, read and re-read the sponsored bills looking for some hope that these bills will not be realized.

I do believe this last 5 bills regretfully will be passed. I was disheartened to receive the above letter from my Senator.

While my title could have been worded better, it is not meant to be a defeates concession.

There are no ill feelings towards you or your response. 

Well, that was a gracious, very mature reply. Thank you! As @USRifle30Calwisely pointed out, we all deal with moments of feeling overwhelmed... and it sounds like you've been doing battle for awhile.

However, especially since you're retired, I TRULY HOPE you reconsider your plan for Monday and decide to attend the rally. We need NUMBERS... particularly in light of the timing (the march on D.C. happening a mere 2 days before). So, do think about grabbing a buddy, spouse, offspring, whatever... and trekking into Trenton for the morning. You might even find your spirit lifted... and find yourself wanting to get "back in the fight". :paladin:

• Like 1

Monday I think will be huge one way or the other. 100 show up and we are screwed. They will laugh while passing everything. 1,000 show up still not enough. 10,000 show up now we have a chance. 100,0000 show up and they won’t be passing much. How many will show up is anyone’s guess. Has there been any estimates?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, capt14k said:

Monday I think will be huge one way or the other. 100 show up and we are screwed. They will laugh while passing everything. 1,000 show up still not enough. 10,000 show up now we have a chance. 100,0000 show up and they won’t be passing much. How many will show up is anyone’s guess. Has there been any estimates?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So here is the thing - and I am not saying Monday is a bad thing - but the above is important.  It is like a lawyer asking a question that he does not already have the answer to.

Sometimes doing things, while having the appearance of a positive notion, can actually backfire.

I do not need to add anything to what was said above and it hits the nail on the head.

However, if the attendance way back when at that snowy day in Trenton 4 or so years ago, is any indication, we may be in the not enough level.

I sadly cannot be there, so I should not be one to talk.....  while my personal onion encourages this, I see the only thing stopping anything is lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits...........  witness Lacey.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

We are all frustrated -

We all need to vent -

Awesome!  Pitty party at USRifle30Cal's house.  I hope there will be a lot of chocolate ice cream.  I'll bring vanilla scented candles, and Peel will bring the Steel Magnolias DVD.  On second thought, bring Red Dawn, the original.

13 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Well, that was a gracious, very mature reply. Thank you! As @USRifle30Calwisely pointed out, we all deal with moments of feeling overwhelmed... and it sounds like you've been doing battle for awhile.

However, especially since you're retired, I TRULY HOPE you reconsider your plan for Monday and decide to attend the rally. We need NUMBERS... particularly in light of the timing (the march on D.C. happening a mere 2 days before). So, do think about grabbing a buddy, spouse, offspring, whatever... and trekking into Trenton for the morning. You might even find your spirit lifted... and find yourself wanting to get "back in the fight". :paladin:

Mrs. Peel, While I can not make it to the rally on Monday, my heart and soul are with those that attend. I have never given up the fight, but through history there are examples of an Offensive Retreat to fight another battle another day. There WILL be other rallies which I can attend. I am sorry to see from some members that if you do not attend this rally you become the enemy . Divide and conquer is a method in use since the beginning of man. I am this forum to be connected with fellow NJ gun members.

I have read more of your posts than I can count, and do see how involved and how passionate you are on this subject and how much work you actually do. Admittedly, I don't come close to how much time you put into this work. I still have magazines from the last ban that seem to have been lost during that time period and were discovered after the ban was over. We will prevail in the final showdown in the court system.

On past occasions I have marched on Washington, been beaten with Police and National Guard batons, tear gassed an held for 4 days to be released with no charges in the end. Government is for the People, not the Politicians who believe are above us and have more rights than we do.

Sorry for the extended rant, but I do want you to understand that I am with you and not against you. For those who want to believe I have given up the fight, sorry for the miscommunication. 

• Like 2

Been in the battle for quite some time since the early 90's...but the battle never changes, it's a viscious circle of ...them trying to disarm us and we complain a lot or file a legal action....IMO, nothing changes in this state for our benefit unless the Fed. gets involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

Awesome!  Pitty party at USRifle30Cal's house.  I hope there will be a lot of chocolate ice cream.  I'll bring vanilla scented candles, and Peel will bring the Steel Magnolias DVD.  On second thought, bring Red Dawn, the original.

Would rather you bring bourbon - beer pizza and wings - and Captain America 1 - and Vanilla Heath Bar crunch please

On 3/21/2018 at 8:26 AM, USRifle30Cal said:

So here is the thing - and I am not saying Monday is a bad thing - but the above is important.  It is like a lawyer asking a question that he does not already have the answer to.

Sometimes doing things, while having the appearance of a positive notion, can actually backfire.

I do not need to add anything to what was said above and it hits the nail on the head.

However, if the attendance way back when at that snowy day in Trenton 4 or so years ago, is any indication, we may be in the not enough level.

I sadly cannot be there, so I should not be one to talk.....  while my personal onion encourages this, I see the only thing stopping anything is lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits...........  witness Lacey.

We had significant turn out back when the original AWB was passed. I was but a youth and not there, but it was happily ignored then. They give not a shit what numbers show up. THe place has been gerrymandered to death and the voters' asses are not the ones they are kissing. 

I don't know what will actually make it. We might get lucky seeing how there's a bunch of minor stuff there as well as stuff that is full on bat shit crazy. Some of the more legally insane stuff may be quashed not by us, but by the serious gun grabbers. Mainly because it imperils their bullshit in the courts. Kind of like DC and Chicago. They were prepared to try stupid shit until the cows came home, someone told them to quit it, likely because it would start getting too specific and imperil shit that existed elsewhere. 

• Like 1

We had significant turn out back when the original AWB was passed. I was but a youth and not there, but it was happily ignored then. They give not a shit what numbers show up. THe place has been gerrymandered to death and the voters' asses are not the ones they are kissing. 
I don't know what will actually make it. We might get lucky seeing how there's a bunch of minor stuff there as well as stuff that is full on bat shit crazy. Some of the more legally insane stuff may be quashed not by us, but by the serious gun grabbers. Mainly because it imperils their bullshit in the courts. Kind of like DC and Chicago. They were prepared to try stupid shit until the cows came home, someone told them to quit it, likely because it would start getting too specific and imperil shit that existed elsewhere. 
How many showed up in 1990? As I said to make a difference 100,000 need to show up. Under 1,000 and it is counter productive.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk