TokenEntry

YouTube going to ban gun channels soon.

YouTube has finally decided to make their position clear with gun channels. Below are 3 links to videos uploaded by Hank Strange, The VSO Gun Channel, and Christopher of Regular Guy Training LLC, outlining YouTube's soon to be implemented policy. Even though there are alternatives like www.full30.com, Christopher of Regular Guy Training LLC, states that he will most likely not be accepted there due to him cursing more frequently in videos than most. To me, this is just another form of censorship. If people do not have the self restraint to not watch the content they find objectionable, they should simply move to another country. This is what PC culture has come down to.

When I first started getting into firearms, YouTube wasn't around back in the early 90's. What I liked a lot about the platform was that in the videos put out had product reviews, detailed instructions on maintenance of the firearm, DIY instructions, and the most important - OPINIONS!

Link - Hank Strange

Link - Regular Guy Training LLC

Link - The VSO Gun Channel

Regards,

TokenEntry

Sucks. I mostly use YouTube for learning how to clean new guns or how to do upgrades. Luckily we can still search for videos or instructions on regular Google. Right? Maybe not considering Google earns YouTube. I've switched go duck duck go awhile back.

....you'l see.....  forums...that have been bought up my media companies will one day just go dark...gunboards etc...

It's a coordinated attack

Absolutely they will. Gunboards is killing itself between the douchebag Mod holdovers and the constant virus attacks traffic is down 80%. It's by design.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Same thing I said in the Reddit thread. NRA should buy a mother of a server and host all this stuff - videos, blogs, discussion fora, you name it. Let them take over - screw everyone else. 
That is an excellent idea....our shouldn't be in the hands and controlled by anti media companies. NRA has plenty of money to get this type if thing going. Not sure if the magazine is digital but if not it then could be.

2 minutes ago, tattooo said:
11 hours ago, Handyman said:
Same thing I said in the Reddit thread. NRA should buy a mother of a server and host all this stuff - videos, blogs, discussion fora, you name it. Let them take over - screw everyone else. 

That is an excellent idea....our shouldn't be in the hands and controlled by anti media companies. NRA has plenty of money to get this type if thing going. Not sure if the magazine is digital but if not it then could be.

Magazine is 100% digital and print

NRATube could be the most effective outreach tool the NRA ever tried.  If every gun enthusiast went to the NRA for their gun fix, the NRA could run 10 second ads on each video highlighting the fights the NRA is in, good guys using guns in self defense, law suits, and of course fund raising.

The problem is that the content produced by hundreds or thousands of random people will now come with the NRA's implied endorsement.  Every curse word, every gun owner muzzling his kids, every body showing how great their gun is a blowing up a car with Tannerite will now be the new face of the NRA.  The site would need to be very heavily moderated with all videos being approved before being posted.  And...everyone will complain about the censorship and go elsewhere.

But, an NRA site with two or three dozen pre-approved big names would be great and they could include the occasional video from someone else.  But it can't be a YouTube type site where anyone can post anything they want.  But, if it was launched as a site where you need to apply and be approved, many would do that.

NRATube could be the most effective outreach tool the NRA ever tried.  If every gun enthusiast went to the NRA for their gun fix, the NRA could run 10 second ads on each video highlighting the fights the NRA is in, good guys using guns in self defense, law suits, and of course fund raising.

The problem is that the content produced by hundreds or thousands of random people will now come with the NRA's implied endorsement.  Every curse word, every gun owner muzzling his kids, every body showing how great their gun is a blowing up a car with Tannerite will now be the new face of the NRA.  The site would need to be very heavily moderated with all videos being approved before being posted.  And...everyone will complain about the censorship and go elsewhere.

But, an NRA site with two or three dozen pre-approved big names would be great and they could include the occasional video from someone else.  But it can't be a YouTube type site where anyone can post anything they want.  But, if it was launched as a site where you need to apply and be approved, many would do that.

I agree

The only thing I use YouTube for for Firearms is disassembling and reassembly of uncommon firearms and I used it for tips on sighting in and long range shooting. Videos like those can be G rated

Tim of Military Arms Channel has just put out a video that includes YouTube gun channel policy. However, I recommend to watch the full video from the beginning to end as it discusses everything from gun legislation through Reddit. Video start at 10.57 regarding YouTube policy.

Regards,

TokenEntry

• Like 1