gunforhire

Full Assembly Vote Monday! Call, write, fax, now!

Hell yeah please call and write! I Myself copy and pated the link and all the politians emails to every fb nj gun related group i could. hell even the ones out of state who care i said say u live in nj how they gonna know hope they get flooded with calls nad emails

30 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Interesting date, considering it's the day of the rally in Trenton. Kinda like "In your face, you gun loving peons". "We'll show you who's really in charge in the state".

It’s when they are back in session. Hence the rally date. Not vice versa. We need to make friends. If we can’t... we’ll then there’s that.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

It’s when they are back in session. Hence the rally date. Not vice versa. We need to make friends. If we can’t... we’ll then there’s that.

Keep in mind almost all of these guys know how they’re voting already. The vote on the floor is just part of their dog and pony show. A large turnout will help to curtail future votes and hopefully show the voters they are alienating. 

• Like 1

Just now, BobA said:

Keep in mind almost all of these guys know how they’re voting already. The vote on the floor is just part of their dog and pony show. A large turnout will help to curtail future votes and hopefully show the voters they are alienating. 

Well... only if they vote at the ballot. Most seem to with their feet.

I sent this to every one of them!......

Dear NJ Assembly Official,

I am but one of over one million lawful gun owners in our state. ALL of the bills you are considering on Monday do NOTHING to prevent crime. They do however further erode the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding gun enthusiasts. I realize fully that I am wasting my time
with this email and none of your minds will be changed but as a former member of the U.S. Navy, I swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and I will NOT break that oath! You swore the same oath to enter the office you hold. You too should honor the oath you swore!

Below is the gist of an email sent to us by the ANJRPC, (Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs), The NRA representatives for our state. They took the time to explain the very bills you will be considering and why they are ineffectual in reducing gun crime. Please rethink your stand on these bills and remember the oath you swore. Making a million NJ responsible gun owners Felons overnight with the stroke of a pen will accomplish absolutely nothing to thwart criminals!

A2671 (Magazine Ban / Gun Ban) - Turns one million law-abiding gun owners into criminals with the stroke of a pen - no grandfathering, no option to render pre-owned magazines "compliant." Makes no one safer (criminals will ignore), has no impact on mass attacks (magazines can be changed rapidly, 10-round magazines were used in previous attacks). Makes citizens less safe by limiting their ability to defend themselves against criminals who ignore the limit.

A1217 (No-Notice Suspension of Gun Rights) - Allows secret suspension of Second Amendment rights and firearms seizures with no advance notice or opportunity to be heard. Turns due process on its head. Creates a slow, cumbersome, go-to-court "solution" for emergencies that should properly be dealt with by police immediately under their community caretaking powers. Makes no one safer, could make us less safe by delaying government response to a true emergency.

A1181 (Allows Suspension of Gun Rights by Unaccountable "Health Professionals") - Allows marriage counselors, social workers, nurses, and others to cause suspension of gun rights, and firearms seizure and forfeiture without compensation, if they think someone poses risk. Creates a slow, cumbersome "solution" for emergencies that should properly be dealt with by police immediately under their community caretaking powers. Makes no one safer, could make us less safe by delaying government response to a true emergency.

A2758 (Kills Self-Defense) - Cements NJ's unconstitutional "justifiable need" carry permit standard into statute to prevent most law-abiding citizens from ever exercising the right to self-defense with a firearm outside the home. Makes it easier for predatory violent criminals and the mentally ill to victimize citizens. Not only does NJ have no legal obligation to keep individual citizens safe, it is now blocking the right of average citizens to protect themselves.

A2759 (Bans Ammunition That is Already Banned) - Bans the SS190AP (armor piercing) military round, which is already banned under federal law (18 U.S.C. 922(a)(7) and (8)) and is not available to civilians. Completely redundant with existing law, changes nothing, makes no one safer - pure feel-good legislation that only makes headlines. It's a hardware ban that criminals will ignore. Lawmakers should instead severely punish the criminal misuse of ANY type of ammunition.

A2757 (Background Checks on Sales That Already Require Background Checks) - Eliminates private sales of firearms, which (unlike most other states) already require state-mandated paperwork and either an FID card or pistol purchase permit - both of which require an extensive background check prior to issuance. Will be ignored by criminals, who do not submit to background checks in the first place. Only impacts honest citizens, who are not the problem. Zero impact on public safety.

Thank you for your time and consideration.  Sincerely, 

• Like 6

I am getting canned auto-replies from tons of reps. This one seems to be from an anti, but from a cell phone realizing I am against these bills?  Could he actually be reading and responding to every email from his cell?

I thank you for your correspondence concerning the opposition of the gun control bills. I appreciate your passion and thoughts on the matter. I will keep track of this issue.
Again thank you for contacting my office.
Sincerely,
Nicholas A. Chiaravalloti
Assemblyman 31st Legislative District
Tel: 201-471-2347

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.