45Doll

Citigroup Announces Firearm Policy... For Clients!

7 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Whoa, the list is even bigger, I'm not even going to try and post this list, go to the link, you might be surprised on how many private label cards they process:

https://www.citi.com/CRD/html/Citi_Affiliates.html

That is a big list. Major brands - Macys, Staples, Costco, etc. I don't have any of those (I operate on cash/debit only). But, if you have any of these... I REALLY HOPE you folks cancel them while sending a quick note to Citibank AND a note to the client company as well explaining your reasons - that your cancellation is in direct response to their new anti-2A policy..

This, IMO, has grown WAY beyond a 2A issue... way beyond! This is about major companies leveraging their wealth to become de facto political organizations, squelching opinions and strong arming legal businesses they don't agree with... people need to push back strongly against this!.  

I've had an LLBean branded CC for over 20 years. As soon as the next statement comes in and paid, I'll be canceling it.

Also had a  conversation with a nice lady at Walmart HQ explaining why I'll never set foot in any of their stores ever again.

Also deleted my 3 year old reddit account this morning.

This shit gotta stop.

Quote:

SEATTLE (AP) — The Latest on tension between corporate America and the gun lobby (all times local):

9 p.m.

Outdoor retailer L.L. Bean will no longer sell rifles to anyone under 21.

The company joined retail heavyweights Walmart and Dick's Sporting Goods in changing policies in the wake of the Florida school massacre.

L.L. Bean said in a statement late Thursday that it will no longer sell guns or ammunition to anyone under the age of 21.

Company spokeswoman Carolyn Beem says L.L. Bean only sells firearms at its flagship store in Maine and only guns specific to hunting and target shooting.

14 hours ago, Gus said:

Citigroup is not dumb guys. They probably took a look at who their customers actually are, and saw that they have very few (if any) that would be affected by this "change". They will lose nothing, and get a bunch of free publicity from our "outrage". They will then use that free publicity to get hippies and snowflakes to open accounts with their "socially responsible" bank.

Headlines, headlines, headlines! That's all they are after. It's all a gimmick. I would bet anything that they have no major gun clients, and small mom and pop LGS couldn't afford their minimum balances and crazy service fees anyway.

I disagree with this as it is most likely the CEO, Ed Skyler, of Citigroup arbitrarily made this decision himself and being backed by his sycophants underneath him. Does anyone remember when Rosie O'Donnell made antigun statements and attacking Tom Selleck about the NRA after the Columbine shooting? This dumb bitch probably didn't know that K-Mart was one of her biggest sponsors that sold quite a bit of firearms and firearm related items in their stores. As a result K-Mart gives in and starts to phase out ammo sales and eventually firearms. Anyone still go into a K-Mart anymore? I do not think Citigroup will go the way of K-Mart, but I'm sure it will hurt their profit margin over time.

45 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

That is a big list. Major brands - Macys, Staples, Costco, etc. I don't have any of those (I operate on cash/debit only). But, if you have any of these... I REALLY HOPE you folks cancel them while sending a quick note to Citibank AND a note to the client company as well explaining your reasons - that your cancellation is in direct response to their new anti-2A policy..

This, IMO, has grown WAY beyond a 2A issue... way beyond! This is about major companies leveraging their wealth to become de facto political organizations, squelching opinions and strong arming legal businesses they don't agree with... people need to push back strongly against this!.  

In addition to @Mrs. Peel suggestions, I recommend putting pressure on Citigroup to remove/terminate their CEO of Global Public Affairs, Ed Skyler. He should be another example like Adam Smith of Vante, who lost his position as Financial Officer after making a YouTube video bullying a Chick-fil-A employee at one of its drive-thru regarding gay marriage. I believe most big corporations are neutral when it comes to political matters. The issue is with highly paid executives making big company decisions.

Regards,

TokenEntry

17 hours ago, TokenEntry said:

Costco used to be associated with AMEX some time back and then switched to Citi. Costco sells safes and ammo cans. I wonder if they're willing to lose Costco as a client.

Regards,

TokenEntry

There;s a very good reason why the list of rules matches that of large vendors. Costco doesn't sell guns or magazines. No rules for them. The rules are a copy of wal-mart's so no problem there. Etc. They will take a bunch of small cuts, they jsut don't want any gushers. 

17 hours ago, Gus said:

Citigroup is not dumb guys. They probably took a look at who their customers actually are, and saw that they have very few (if any) that would be affected by this "change". They will lose nothing, and get a bunch of free publicity from our "outrage". They will then use that free publicity to get hippies and snowflakes to open accounts with their "socially responsible" bank.

Headlines, headlines, headlines! That's all they are after. It's all a gimmick. I would bet anything that they have no major gun clients, and small mom and pop LGS couldn't afford their minimum balances and crazy service fees anyway.

+1 I was just about to type the exact same thing.

As for an age discrimination lawsuit, it will only work in states like Oregon which include under 21 in their age discrimination law.

5 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

There;s a very good reason why the list of rules matches that of large vendors. Costco doesn't sell guns or magazines. No rules for them. The rules are a copy of wal-mart's so no problem there. Etc. They will take a bunch of small cuts, they jsut don't want any gushers. 

Yes, very common tactic used. However, that doesn't mean gun owners can't apply pressure to all those affiliated with Citigroup. If enough people cancelled or stop signing up with Citigroup's CC I'm sure there will be questions asked in the monthly financial report of companies.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Looks like someone is trying to push back against citi.

Rep. Todd Rokita (R-IN) is pushing to end Citibank’s federal contract after the finance giant adopted new gun policies that do not respect the Second Amendment.

Citibank currently enjoys a $700 billion contract with the General Services Administration (GSA), and Rokita is seeking to have that contract terminated.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/18/rep-rokita-pushes-end-citibanks-federal-contract/

23 minutes ago, Zack said:

Looks like someone is trying to push back against citi.

Rep. Todd Rokita (R-IN) is pushing to end Citibank’s federal contract after the finance giant adopted new gun policies that do not respect the Second Amendment.

Citibank currently enjoys a $700 billion contract with the General Services Administration (GSA), and Rokita is seeking to have that contract terminated.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/04/18/rep-rokita-pushes-end-citibanks-federal-contract/

Wow.

That's a lot of cheddar...

• Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 0:07 PM, oldguysrule649 said:

I find Citibank’s action deeply troubling.  I plan to take stock of all our Citi affiliated credit cards  and likely cancel most if not all of them. Between the wife and I there are at least four that come to mind, including Costco.

An update;  I have had a break from constant business travel and am using the time to catch up on my outstanding todo list.  One of which is the above.  So I have composed and will be sending a letter to Citibank this afternoon cancelling a credit card account which I have had with them for 28 years.  I was clear in my letter as to why I am cancelling and also included a copy of their March 22nd Firearms Policy.    

One down, more to go.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, oldguysrule649 said:

An update;  I have had a break from constant business travel and am using the time to catch up on my outstanding todo list.  One of which is the above.  So I have composed and will be sending a letter to Citibank this afternoon cancelling a credit card account which I have had with them for 28 years.  I was clear in my letter as to why I am cancelling and also included a copy of their March 22nd Firearms Policy.    

One down, more to go.

I have a long memory.

Just mailed a cancellation letter for another Citi(Sears) credit card account.

Two down, at least one more to go.

On 3/23/2018 at 2:27 PM, TokenEntry said:

I disagree with this as it is most likely the CEO, Ed Skyler, of Citigroup arbitrarily made this decision himself and being backed by his sycophants underneath him. Does anyone remember when Rosie O'Donnell made antigun statements and attacking Tom Selleck about the NRA after the Columbine shooting? This dumb bitch probably didn't know that K-Mart was one of her biggest sponsors that sold quite a bit of firearms and firearm related items in their stores. As a result K-Mart gives in and starts to phase out ammo sales and eventually firearms. Anyone still go into a K-Mart anymore? I do not think Citigroup will go the way of K-Mart, but I'm sure it will hurt their profit margin over time.

In addition to @Mrs. Peel suggestions, I recommend putting pressure on Citigroup to remove/terminate their CEO of Global Public Affairs, Ed Skyler. He should be another example like Adam Smith of Vante, who lost his position as Financial Officer after making a YouTube video bullying a Chick-fil-A employee at one of its drive-thru regarding gay marriage. I believe most big corporations are neutral when it comes to political matters. The issue is with highly paid executives making big company decisions.

Regards,

TokenEntry

I think maybe we should all post the stories about how Ed Skyler touched us on our weenies without our express consent. :angry:

Mr. Bloomberg pinched me on the butt a few years ago, too, and I'm absolutely traumatized by it.:o

On 3/23/2018 at 12:33 PM, Sniper said:

Whoa, the list is even bigger, I'm not even going to try and post this list, go to the link, you might be surprised on how many private label cards they process:

https://www.citi.com/CRD/html/Citi_Affiliates.html

Home Depot card cancelled!

As a remodeler, I spend a decent few dollars there. And even that's only because they drove out so many of the mom&pop places. I still go to the little guys when I can, but,,,,,,