capt14k

Was Anybody Contacted by ANJRPC Regarding CCW Lawsuit

Curious if anyone received anything other than an auto response when contacting ANJRPC regarding being denied Concealed Carry Application? I see they keep asking people to contact them. I did and I have heard nothing back from them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

Curious if anyone received anything other than an auto response when contacting ANJRPC regarding being denied Concealed Carry Application? I see they keep asking people to contact them. I did and I have heard nothing back from them.

I dont even recall receiving an automated response. What a disappointment they are.

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

Let's be realistic... they're in the midst of planning/coordinating a major event. They had to arrange the date and location, (possibly) arrange permitting, contract with bus companies, create a website for sign-ups, create/distribute communications, make speaker arrangements, coordinate with members of the press, etc. Do you think that all happens by magic? :facepalm:

I used to plan corporate events (as part of a communications role)... I can tell you, there's a lot of time-consuming planning and administrative work that goes into it. So, frankly, I wouldn't expect any correspondence to be returned until the days and weeks after this event is over. Remember, they're a NON-PROFIT... staffed by volunteers... the size of that staff is unknown to me, but I'm guessing it's quite small (as is typical of the non-profit world). Not to mention, if these proposals pass, they may be considering/drafting additional lawsuits (which I think we can all agree would be a higher priority than quickly returning your emails). Sheesh!

Honestly, folks... if you don't think they're moving fast enough for your liking, perhaps you might... contact them and offer some ongoing volunteer hours.  :huh:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Let's be realistic... they're in the midst of planning/coordinating a major event. They had to arrange the date and location, (possibly) arrange permitting, contract with bus companies, create a website for sign-ups, create/distribute communications, make speaker arrangements, coordinate with members of the press, etc. Do you think that all happens by magic? :facepalm:

I used to plan corporate events (as part of a communications role)... I can tell you, there's a lot of time-consuming planning and administrative work that goes into it. So, frankly, I wouldn't expect any correspondence to be returned until the days and weeks after this event is over. Remember, they're a NON-PROFIT... staffed by volunteers... the size of that staff is unknown to me, but I'm guessing it's quite small (as is typical of the non-profit world). Not to mention, if these proposals pass, they may be considering/drafting additional lawsuits (which I think we can all agree would be a higher priority than quickly returning your emails). Sheesh!

Honestly, folks... if you don't think they're moving fast enough for your liking, perhaps you might... contact them and offer some ongoing volunteer hours.  :huh:

“Fomenting dissension “ that came out in the Russia probes. I always look for that subtext. It’s always the same people...

jus sayen 

Read through their 990. Bach's office is paid for the lawsuit separately from anything else. Paid well I might add. Also they have plenty in the coffers plus NRA coffers as well to pull from. I would think there would be response from law office.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Read through their 990. Bach's office is paid for the lawsuit separately from anything else. Paid well I might add. Also they have plenty in the coffers plus NRA coffers as well to pull from. I would think there would be response from law office.

How their funds are allocated is far less relevant than the "hands" available to address necessary tasks. (Besides, all 50 states, I'm sure, are trying to pull from the NRA's coffers. I'm guessing squeezing funds from that parent organization is not as "easy" as we might think).

Believe me, I'm 100% with you in your eagerness to see this case move forward! We can only hope it goes to a sympathetic SCOTUS with a couple of new appointees. I appreciate your desire to support the case and perhaps even play a role in it. But, ANJRPC is not like... the American Heart Association!They're a relatively small non-profit... with a limited number of hands. Thus, the strategic/tactical planning and execution of any large event will inevitably slow down their communications efforts.  Not to mention they may be fielding extra press attention due to today's march, etc. - all of that takes TIME.

Besides, I would argue it wouldn't even make good fiscal sense for them to hire extra people to screen through the emails (depleting the legal war chest unnecessarily). Look at it this way: your denied permit... is that an "evolving" situation?... are you going anywhere?... will you be unwilling to participate if they contact you 2 months from now? The answer is probably "No" to all of those questions. Thus, by definition, it can wait for awhile. This is my communications background talking... not me trying to ruffle your feathers! Just pointing out that a rapid response, though certainly ideal, is not realistic.

Have a cup of tea... or whatever relaxes you. I'm sure they'll be screening through all those emails soon enough. And remember: the wheels of justice turn slowly. ;)

How their funds are allocated is far less relevant than the "hands" available to address necessary tasks. (Besides, all 50 states, I'm sure, are trying to pull from the NRA's coffers. I'm guessing squeezing funds from that parent organization is not as "easy" as we might think).

Believe me, I'm 100% with you in your eagerness to see this case move forward! We can only hope it goes to a sympathetic SCOTUS with a couple of new appointees. I appreciate your desire to support the case and perhaps even play a role in it. But, ANJRPC is not like... the American Heart Association!They're a relatively small non-profit... with a limited number of hands. Thus, the strategic/tactical planning and execution of any large event will inevitably slow down their communications efforts.  Not to mention they may be fielding extra press attention due to today's march, etc. - all of that takes TIME.

Besides, I would argue it wouldn't even make good fiscal sense for them to hire extra people to screen through the emails (depleting the legal war chest unnecessarily). Look at it this way: your denied permit... is that an "evolving" situation?... are you going anywhere?... will you be unwilling to participate if they contact you 2 months from now? The answer is probably "No" to all of those questions. Thus, by definition, it can wait for awhile. This is my communications background talking... not me trying to ruffle your feathers! Just pointing out that a rapid response, though certainly ideal, is not realistic.

Have a cup of tea... or whatever relaxes you. I'm sure they'll be screening through all those emails soon enough. And remember: the wheels of justice turn slowly. [emoji6]

I think you missed my point. For what Scott Bach's attorney's office is being paid volunteers shouldn't matter. It is a lawsuit he should have the staff. If he is understaffed then they need to hire a new attorney. I also thought they were using outside counsel for this case?

Trump and his signing of the Omnibus Disaster along with Schumer gloating has me fired up. I woke up in the middle of the night angry about it.

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

I think you missed my point. For what Scott Bach's attorney's office is being paid volunteers shouldn't matter. It is a lawsuit he should have the staff. If he is understaffed then they need to hire a new attorney. I also thought they were using outside counsel for this case?

Trump and his signing of the Omnibus Disaster along with Schumer gloating has me fired up. I woke up in the middle of the night angry about it.

OK, now I'm chuckling... yeah, I can see you're fired up about the Omnibus bill. Can't say I blame you. Probably not the best time to try "reasoning" with you, LOL. That said...

I don't know how ANJRPC is organized. But, I'm guessing that unless they set up a separate email address strictly for the permit cases (I don't recall that they did)... they probably have volunteers going through their email... that might mean people writing in about their denied permits, plus members who want to change their membership, someone complaining about a rude range officer at Cherry Ridge, requests from the press, common spam... and whatever other voluminous nonsense flows into a non-profit's email account. I'm making the assumption that there's a "first line" of volunteers that go through that stuff and then funnel appropriate emails to the lawyers... and right now, those volunteers may be pretty tapped out on more pressing tasks since 2A is very HOT in NJ and the nation right now.

I'm further making the assumption that ANJRPC's vetted legal team (internal and external) is one that they like, trust and that has the requisite expertise and passion for the 2A... and they probably want to use that team. That's not unreasonable.

Now, everything I just wrote is pretty logical and reasonable... and I still think YOU need to chill (and maybe take a nap)! :D

OK, now I'm chuckling... yeah, I can see you're fired up about the Omnibus bill. Can't say I blame you. Probably not the best time to try "reasoning" with you, LOL. That said...
I don't know how ANJRPC is organized. But, I'm guessing that unless they set up a separate email address strictly for the permit cases (I don't recall that they did)... they probably have volunteers going through their email... that might mean people writing in about their denied permits, plus members who want to change their membership, someone complaining about a rude range officer at Cherry Ridge, requests from the press, common spam... and whatever other voluminous nonsense flows into a non-profit's email account. I'm making the assumption that there's a "first line" of volunteers that go through that stuff and then funnel appropriate emails to the lawyers... and right now, those volunteers may be pretty tapped out on more pressing tasks since 2A is very HOT in NJ and the nation right now.
I'm further making the assumption that ANJRPC's vetted legal team (internal and external) is one that they like, trust and that has the requisite expertise and passion for the 2A... and they probably want to use that team. That's not unreasonable.
Now, everything I just wrote is pretty logical and reasonable... and I still think YOU need to chill (and maybe take a nap)! [emoji3]
For the record they setup a second email and you are probably right that I should take a nap.

• Like 1

The emails should have gone directly to the law office of the attorney representing these cases. While the outcome of the  lawsuit wont help me much I feel that my case was very strong.( Im a permanent FL resident)  I was even willing to put money to fight for it. Just not starting at 8 K as I was told by Nappen and another lawyer. 

Im a proud NRA member and donate in addition to my membership.

Everytime NJ2AS was posting  some concrete achievement, no matter how small I made a donation.

But why am I even here, Foul language and unfriendly attitude chased me away time ago. Back to my nap and Ill return once in awhile. Good luck, Monday.

• Like 1

The emailes should have gone directly to the law office of the attorney representing these cases. While the outcome of the  lawsuit wont help me much I feel that my case was very strong.( Im a permanent FL resident)  I was even willing to put money to fight for it. Just not starting at 8 K as I was told by Nappen and another lawyer. 
Im a proud NRA member and donate in addition to my membership.
Everytime NJ2AS was posting  some concrete achievement, no matter how small I made a donation.
But why am I even here, Foul language and unfriendly attitude chased me away time ago. Back to my nap and Ill return once in awhile. Good luck, Monday.

My understanding was the email that was setup for the case was going directly to the lawyer's offices, so the rally planning should have zero effect. If my understanding is not correct then there is a serious logistics problem going on becaue the emails should be going to the lawyer's directly.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:34 AM, capt14k said:

NRA wisely fired almost all their powder to defeat Hillary.  Not saying they are going to go out of business in the middle of the night but it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't flush with cash.  And with current events with the NRA being painted as "enemy number one"  it wouldn't surprise me if some people aren't renewing annual memberships.

NRA wisely fired almost all their powder to defeat Hillary.  Not saying they are going to go out of business in the middle of the night but it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't flush with cash.  And with current events with the NRA being painted as "enemy number one"  it wouldn't surprise me if some people aren't renewing annual memberships.
NRA is still flush with cash.