• Like 2

Did t think this fit elsewhere.....

VT is going full retard..

No sales under 21....  unless Leo, Nat Guard, or hunter safety course 

Mags limit none over 10 round, but grandfather 

Bump stock ban

Again what they can't do federally they will do at the state level - 

Oh btw it passed, just needs Scotts signature

Who was it that argued with me that Vermont wasn't a commie state when it came to firearms? Maybe it was that fish guy. Not sure but either way Vermont has been going downhill for years.

Edit: Wasn't that Fish Guy Thread was more recent, and I had already blocked him. It was W2MC. Who I actually feel for because it seems he knew Vermont before it went to hell.

When I was up there 2 years ago many of the shops had gone out of business due to some stupid changes in the laws. NH residents laugh at Vermont like PA Residents laugh at NJ. Sadly PA AND NH are likely not far behind. I can't believe how easily each section passed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And those phone calls and emails don't mean a thing when they don't get to the Reps. Shady dealings in VT. They need lawsuits right away.

http://truenorthreports.com/house-committee-approves-slew-of-gun-restrictions-despite-flood-of-opposition-from-vermonters

Scott will sign the bills.

• Like 1

Here is the margins it passed the House by. They shipped Constitutional Carry this time around but I am sure with these margins they will get it sooner than later.

The House approved the underlying bill which lays out how the state will deal with guns in its possession on a 141-2 vote. It also approved the bump stock ban by a 119-25 margin. And the provision to expand background checks passed 83-61. The most controversial measure-- the magazine limit-- passed 79-66.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Maybe it was that fish guy.

No need to give me credit for something I never said, I'm not a big fan of VT other than to go snowboarding. Maybe in your own cocaine fueled conspiracy theory I said it but not on real life.  It's funny how you block me yet you read my posts and even post in my threads. Sorry man I'm married and not gay go find another man crush. @Ray Ray might be avaiable 

34 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Who was it that argued with me that Vermont wasn't a commie state when it came to firearms? Maybe it was that fish guy. Not sure but either way Vermont has been going downhill for years. When I was up there 2 years ago many of the shops had gone out of business due to some stupid changes in the laws. NH residents laugh at Vermont like PA Residents laugh at NJ. Sadly PA AND NH are likely not far behind. I can't believe how easily each section passed.

I have read where PA would be most likely getting more strict, and have the NH permit. Is NH now leaning towards a liberal Democrat State? I know NH went no permit for CCW last year for people that don't have a felony.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Who was it that argued with me that Vermont wasn't a commie state when it came to firearms? Maybe it was that fish guy. Not sure but either way Vermont has been going downhill for years.

Isn't Vermont where all the hippies went in the early 70's to build their utopian communes, along with the draft dodgers, so they could be within running distance to the Canadian border?

• Like 1

Isn't Vermont where all the hippies went in the early 70's to build their utopian communes, along with the draft dodgers, so they could be within running distance to the Canadian border?

I believe so.

7 minutes ago, rtquig said:

I have read where PA would be most likely getting more strict, and have the NH permit. Is NH now leaning towards a liberal Democrat State? I know NH went no permit for CCW last year for people that don't have a felony.

NH is taking steps in the right direction. Defiantly not leaning towards a liberal state. 

http://www.concordmonitor.com/New-Hampshire-Senate-committee-votes-on-legislation-to-create-gun-free-zones-16197782

IMO NH is to VT as PA is to NJ. The disease of Liberalism is spreading. NH is far from a solid red state just like PA. They undid 227 years of VT firearms laws in under a week. NH like PA is in the crosshairs. If I was making a permanent move I would not move to either state. The way I see it the closest safe states are Indiana and Tennessee.

Thanks fishnet, one less thing to be thinking about for now. I spent a lot of time in NH and Georgia in the summer.

Georgia is safe for now but I worry about all the transplants outside Atlanta. Many companies moved their headquarters to Atlanta and brought NY/NJ executives with them. NH as I said is far from safe. Check out Northeastshooters Forum for the truth about New England gun laws.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

IMO NH is to VT as PA is to NJ. The disease of Liberalism is spreading. NH is far from a solid red state just like PA. They undid 227 years of VT firearms laws in under a week. NH like PA is in the crosshairs. If I was making a permanent move I would not move to either state. The way I see it the closest safe states are Indiana and Tennessee.

I do spend a lot of time in NH, love the state, but I couldn't afford to retire there as it is #2 right behind NJ in taxes. I think our move in 2 years will be GA or Tennessee.

I do spend a lot of time in NH, love the state, but I couldn't afford to retire there as it is #2 right behind NJ in taxes. I think our move in 2 years will be GA or Tennessee.

I would choose Eastern Tennessee. I love the Smokey Mountains and I believe they are safe. It's Northeastshooters.com

1 minute ago, rtquig said:

Depends on what town you move to I just bought a house in a low tax town. Taxes are $1,900 a year. My house in nj was 12k

2 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Georgia is safe for now but I worry about all the transplants outside Atlanta. Many companies moved their headquarters to Atlanta and brought NY/NJ executives with them. NH as I said is far from safe. Check out Northeastshooters Forum for the truth about New England gun laws.

We found 10 acres next to a friends house on a mountain in Georgia. Problem is when they found out we lived in NJ, the price changed from $30K to $100K. 

At least they’re grandfathering existing mags. Unlike this shithole. 

Keep in mind that it’s only passed the second reading in the house. Still needs one more before going back to senate for reconciliation. So it’s not done but given the majority by which it passed the second reading nobody expects it to fail next week. 

Ill say it again, every time one of these bills passes they’re had better be injunctions and legal challenges filed immediately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

Depends on what town you move to I just bought a house in a low tax town. Taxes are $1,900 a year. My house in nj was 12k

I like the White Mountains and could see maybe Franconia or a small town near there. 

• Like 1

We found 10 acres next to a friends house on a mountain in Georgia. Problem is when they found out we lived in NJ, the price changed from $30K to $100K. 

Friends of mine just moved to Georgia outside Atlanta because the wife is an Executive for Monster Engery. They paid $400,000 for a 3,800 sq ft house on 1.5acres but taxes are $6,000 a year. IMO it wasn't a great deal, but that is prices in that area. Developments are exploding outside Atlanta which means it's people moving from Liberal States down there. Sadly it is also known as the Heroin Triangle.

At least they’re grandfsthering existing mags. Unlike this shithole.  Keep in mind that it’s only passed the second reading in the house. Still needs one more before going back to senate for reconciliation. So it’s not done but given the majority by which it passed the second reading nobody expects it to fail next week. 

Ill say it again, every time one of these bills passes they’re had better be injunctions and legal challenges filed immediately. 

I read on Northeast Shooters it does not need to be fully reconciled because the underlying bill is the same. Senate just needs to pass mag ban and bump stock ban. Third reading is a rubber stamp when votes are that far apart. It's a done deal and governor will sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

At least they’re grandfsthering existing mags. Unlike this shithole. 

I think NJ will have to eventually bend to the federal courts.  CA banned legally purchased and possessed,mags over 10 rds without grandfathering them and the federal courts ruled it unconstitutional.  There is an official ban in CA but a defacto federal injunction that makes it unenforceable.....I think.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I think NJ will have to eventually bend to the federal courts.  CA banned legally purchased and possessed,mags over 10 rds without grandfathering them and the federal courts ruled it unconstitutional.  There is an official ban in CA but a defacto federal injunction that makes it unenforceable.....I think.

I don’t think they have ruled on the CA mag ban. Just the injunction until they do. The only prior case law I know of is NY where they ruled 7 is unconstitutional and reverted back to the prior 10-round limit

15 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Friends of mine just moved to Georgia outside Atlanta because the wife is an Executive for Monster Engery. They paid $400,000 for a 3,800 sq ft house on 1.5acres but taxes are $6,000 a year. IMO it wasn't a great deal, but that is prices in that area. Developments are exploding outside Atlanta which means it's people moving from Liberal States down there. Sadly it is also known as the Heroin Triangle.

I read on Northeast Shooters it does not need to be fully reconciled because the underlying bill is the same. Senate just needs to pass mag ban and bump stock ban. Third reading is a rubber stamp when votes are that far apart. It's a done deal and governor will sign.

Realistically it’s the 10-round limit that would get people most up in arms. I could see that causing a problem in the senate. 

I have been check SC....  I hear it is solid...

I will not make a permanent retirement residence in New England....to many Massachusetts liberal asshats up there..
They need to get rid of the one Republican Senator who keeps blocking Constitutional Carry because he teaches the concealed carry classes. Also auto insurance is ridiculous high and they tax you on your car every year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Huh, why you dragging me into this?
Only when they are quoted do I have to read their stupidity. Not even sure what that is about, but I am sure it was directed towards me. Rather immature, I must say. Sorry you were dragged into it. It's also another example of why this is not a forum for children.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Is anyone concerned about New Jersey? On the njgunforum?
I think everyone here has pretty much given up. It seems that once a law is passed, it never gets repealed, so the situation in NJ will never improve.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk