gunforhire

No excuse to not be in Trenton tomorrow. And yours truly will be the MC!

If I knew those morons were going to be there I would have cleared my schedule for the day. Unfortunately I had a guy call out and I needed to get to work to pick up the slack, but to counter them I would have cancelled the jobs.

Now I am really pissed. Call I rescheduled this morning I just pulled up and there is an #Enough Brady Campaign Sign. This clown is getting the extra special rate.

48d7a700b6cb01931416274aa4ff5101.jpg

• Like 8

Well, I ran late this AM. My ETA started as 9:10AM, and of course kept adding up. Think I got to the area around 9:35. Seven different lots were full. A turn down a side road took me across the Delaware, where there was ample parking right next to the river. Walked across the bridge, found the rally (could hear it across the river). Think I finally got there around 10-10:15.

First impression was I wish there were more people here. Don't get me wrong, was a decent turnout, far larger than any others I saw today (cop said something like 8 going on today), but still woulda liked seeing more there.

I was a photographer, carrying 2 camera bodies, blue backpack, Kriss hat.

Didn't see too many 'out there' "gun nuts" that make us look bad, people had some good signs, people by the road got some support from passing drivers. Speakers I heard were good, I dunno how many I missed. I don't know too many names of everyone who spoke.

I'll try to get a few pics up shortly, need to sort and edit first.

• Like 1

A2761 supposedly amended to allow grandfathering, no vote yet.
A2757 passed
Quick synopsis of each one would be great. I don't remember which is which. Especially interested in knowing which added grandfathering. If we got grandfathering then that is a small win and really was worth it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

To follow along with Dirty Digz notes (and so you don't have to search)... here's an (edited) list of the bills from ANJRPC's website.

A2761 (Magazine Ban / Gun Ban)- Turns one million law-abiding gun owners into criminals with the stroke of a pen - no grandfathering, no option to render pre-owned magazines "compliant." 
A1217 (No-Notice Suspension of Gun Rights)- Allows secret suspension of Second Amendment rights and firearms seizures with no advance notice or opportunity to be heard. Turns due process on its head. 
A1181 (Allows Suspension of Gun Rights by Unaccountable "Health Professionals")- Allows marriage counselors, social workers, nurses, and others to cause suspension of gun rights, and firearms seizure and forfeiture without compensation, if they think someone poses risk. 
A2758 (Kills Self-Defense)- Cements NJ's unconstitutional "justifiable need" carry permit standard into statute to prevent most law-abiding citizens from ever exercising the right to self-defense with a firearm outside the home. 
A2759 (Bans Ammunition That is Already Banned)- Bans the SS190AP (armor piercing) military round, which is already banned under federal law (18 U.S.C. 922(a)(7) and (8)) and is not available to civilians. 
A2757 (Background Checks on Sales That Already Require Background Checks)- Eliminates private sales of firearms, which (unlike most other states) already require state-mandated paperwork and either an FID card or pistol purchase permit -both of which require an extensive background check prior to issuance.

• Like 3

I’m not certain since the speaker was hard to hear from the gallery, but I think everything passed except for 10 rd mag limits.

Demanding moms were admonished by security for clapping.  They also held posters/signs while we were told at security checkpoint that we couldn’t take ours in. 

20 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I think it was a fair turn out. I thought the speakers were good. Riding home on the train with fellow patriots. More people are focused on exit strategy, shame.

That IS a shame! I think the national organizations like the NRA need to realize that it's the states like NJ, NY and CA where the battles MUST be waged. If something passes here unchallenged, it makes it easier for anti-gun types in OTHER states to use that legislation as a "model". It creates a weak link in the chain as far as I'm concerned. You have to go after the worst offenders, and pound them into the ground via the courts. That's how I see it. 

The rally was good, but my partner in crime, @Gunsrlegal and I (along with several others) were saying it's be great to see a similar event, but on a Saturday in good weather - and hell, get 10,000 there!

2 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I’m not certain since the speaker was hard to hear from the gallery, but I think everything passed except for 10 rd mag limits.

Demanding moms were admonished by security for clapping.  They also held posters/signs while we were told at security checkpoint that we couldn’t take ours in. 

Make sure you writer a Letter to the Editor of several newspapers pointing that out! I mean, bias in newspapers... well I expect it to be that blatant... but you'd think they might try to temper the obvious bias in a state building!  :facepalm: I wonder if there's some kind of complaint process? I would definitely try to kick up a stink about that. That's infuriating!

• Like 4

NJ.com was quick to post a new article on today's votes..

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/03/hundreds_rally_against_nj_gun_control_bills_in_tre.html#incart_river_index

Here's a list of what's reported as passed from the article:

* A1217, which would create restraining orders in the state allowing family members and others to ask a judge to have a person's guns seized and ban them from buying weapons for up to a year. It passed 59-13, with 4 abstentions.

* A1181, which would mandate law enforcement in the state to seize a person's guns if a mental health professional determines they pose a threat to themselves or others. It passed 62-7, with 7 abstentions.

* A2758, which would strictly define that state residents need to show a "justifiable need" to obtain a permit to carry a handgun -- meaning they must show they face a specific threat to their own safety. Christie tried to loosen the standard in 2016, but Murphy moved to reverse the move. This bill codifies the standard. It passed 48-26, with 2 abstentions.

* A2757, which would require all private gun sales in the state to go through a licensed dealer who can perform an additional background check at the point of sale. It passed 61-9, with 5 abstentions. 

* A2759, which would create an outright ban in the state on possessing armor-piercing bullets. It passed 75-0, with 1 abstention.

* A2761, which would ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds, with some exceptions. It passed 48-25, with 3 abstentions.

• Like 2

Just so you all know what "story" is being circulated about the Rally in the Liberal media, I've seen the same one regurgitated through many news organizations:

2nd Amendment Supporters Rally Against Gun Bills in New Jersey

Second Amendment advocates rallied at New Jersey's state capital in opposition to a half-dozen gun control bills expected to get a vote in the Assembly.

Many of the dozens of people wore National Rifle Association hats and carried signs that read "NRA Stand and Fight" at Monday's rally outside the War Memorial in Trenton, steps from the statehouse.

The Democrat-led Assembly is scheduled to vote on six bills that gained traction after the Florida high school shooting that left 17 people dead.

Among the measures being considered is a bill that requires firearms to be seized upon a court order when a health care official deems someone poses a serious threat.

If approved the measures go to the Democrat-led Senate. Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy says he supports of the effort.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/2nd-Amendment-Advocates-Guns-New-Jersey-477946183.html

Notice the number of attendees (in bold). The MSM claimed "dozens", not "hundreds".

6 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Thanks Fatty - I’m crap with phone keyboard so I couldn’t type and follow the proceedings at the same time.

It's the least I could do at the moment.  Wish I could've been out there with you all today...  

I'm curious to know what the amendment was to A2761 (10rd mag)...  

• Like 1

So what's the deal with magazine limit I thought it was tabled? Other Bills they will lose in the courts, or are already banned, except background checks on private sales which rarely do any of you plastic firearms lovers buy anything I have for sale [emoji16]If grandfathering on mag limit got in then it is a useless bill.

12 minutes ago, capt14k said:

So what's the deal with magazine limit I thought it was tabled? Other Bills they will lose in the courts, or are already banned, except background checks on private sales which rarely do any of you plastic firearms lovers buy anything I have for sale emoji16.pngIf grandfathering on mag limit got in then it is a useless bill.

Yes I need to know if I should place a giant order for 15 rounders or not.

46 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

That's a lawsuit.  Failure to provide equal 1st amendment protection.