gunforhire

No excuse to not be in Trenton tomorrow. And yours truly will be the MC!

12 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Then you need to rethink your analogy.  Take myself for example. And I’ll throw myself at the mercy of the forum. I couldn’t make today. In fact I can rarely make anything. Does that mean I’m not welcome?  That I’m worse than a FUDD? Probably not the best strategy when trying to energize any sort of base of voters. 

All give some, some give all.

Yes, I’m 100% for mental health reform!

5 minutes ago, BobA said:

I was another gathering.  Something to do with Charter Schools and some vote.  Although they started to make noise too early They didn't head up the street until after 11.  We ran late. 

Thank you for clarification 

@jonnyb

• Like 1

Then you need to rethink your analogy.  Take myself for example. And I’ll throw myself at the mercy of the forum. I couldn’t make today. In fact I can rarely make anything. Does that mean I’m not welcome?  That I’m worse than a FUDD? Probably not the best strategy when trying to energize any sort of base of voters. 

I was referring to 2A leadership. Not to members who couldn't make it. I should have been more clear. Hell I could barely make it today. Reason being it was on a Monday and I have a business to run.

I thought the drums were for the firefighters.

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

If that was the only amendment then it just stacks rediculous on top of rediculous.  If should have already been possible to make existing mags compliant. 

Was “hoping” it was at least grandfathering. That would have been their smart move too since it would avoid the injunction path CA hit. 

Let me start out by saying I was proud to be a part of a gathering of like minded patriots and friends!:)

From what I got from our Bus Captain, she said if you own any semi auto handgun that does not have 10 round magazines available, you may keep the pistols and mags but you must register each pistol with the state and pay a $50.00 fee to keep it!:mad:

Bear in mind that report was preliminary and may be a little off the mark!

• Like 1

Let me start out by saying I was proud to be a part of a gathering of like minded patriots and friends![emoji4]
From what I got from our Bus Captain, she said if you own any semi auto handgun that does not have 10 round magazines available, you may keep the pistols and mags but you must register each pistol with the state and pay a $50.00 fee to keep it!:mad:
Bear in mind that report was preliminary and may be a little off the mark!
Well there is a lawsuit. My FN-49 Argentine doesn't have 10 round mags never did and no one has ever made any. Do I get to use 20 round mags if I pay $50?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

It was warm in the sun

I agree with @Ray Ray! I froze my ass off at times! But I don't mind as it was a great experience!:)

If today taught me anything, we may be outnumbered, but we are definitely not alone in our fight!

• Like 2

i dont understand this - from NJ.COM

so we are 10 rds now?

50 fee per mag???? Register mags????

* A2761, which would ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds. It passed 48-25, with 3 abstentions.

People who currently own magazines with more than 10 rounds can keep their firearms, though they will have to register them and pay a $50 fee. 

register a pistol thats already registered?

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Well there is a lawsuit. My FN-49 Argentine doesn't have 10 round mags never did and no one has ever made any. Do I get to use 20 round mags if I pay $50?

From what I heard it sounds like a yes to your question. Like I said, I am going by hearsay.

1 minute ago, voyager9 said:

How well did mag registration go for CA? “They’re legal for now, but sign here so we know who to call when we change our minds”

What’s the mantra? “ registration leads to..”

i forget the rest.

• Like 2

My understanding is AR mags don't count as 10s are available! They also said something about NOT being allowed to block an existing 15 to 10 rounds and 180 day to sell, destroy or turn in all banned items.:mad:

11 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

How well did mag registration go for CA? “They’re legal for now, but sign here so we know who to call when we change our minds”

California may keep and use their AR mags......We have to get rid of ours!:mad:

Yeah.....Watch me! They can have them when they pay for them. How much can I get for crippled 15 round mags with millions frantically for sale at the same time! This is bullshit!

All because of a million Fudds who decided to sit out the election!

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

What’s the mantra? “ registration leads to..”

i forget the rest.

What pisses me off is all my pistols were already registered with the state when I bought them! So now we have to RE register them as assault pistols or something?

What pisses me off is all my pistols were already registered with the state when I bought them! So now we have to RE register them as assault pistols or something?
Where is the registration line in the bill?

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Where is the registration line in the bill?

I have no clue. The Bus Captain was reading this to us. @Shawnmoore81 could chime in as we were both listening to her.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Don’t do make believe, leave that for me and my children’s books...

1 hour ago, antimatter said:

i dont understand this - from NJ.COM

so we are 10 rds now?

50 fee per mag???? Register mags????

* A2761, which would ban magazines in the state that hold more than 10 rounds. It passed 48-25, with 3 abstentions.

People who currently own magazines with more than 10 rounds can keep their firearms, though they will have to register them and pay a $50 fee. 

register a pistol thats already registered?

There is no mention of mag registration, or fees, in the above link to the bill that we are discussing.  

4 hours ago, DirtyDigz said:

Mrs Peel, were you carrying a sign?

I'm sorry I missed you. I grabbed one of the red NRA signs. I propped it on the steps where I was seated... frozen in place like a human popsicle, lol. Oh, damn, it was C-O-L-D. (Thanks btw to @Smokin .50 who passed me a pair of those chemical hand warmers - that helped).   

So, let's talk turkey.

• As others have mentioned, can we try this again in warm weather? On a Saturday? With 4 mos  notice... and lots of advance communications/press coordination? I'd like to see 10,000 in attendance... and I'm quite confident it could be done. Hell, I'd even volunteer my time to help with that. I'm sure many of us would. 
  • There's categories of speakers or at least participants I'd like to see more of: 1) more young faces (scouts, jr rifle league members), 2) a national/Olympic shooting champion or 2, 3) speakers with their own horror story of government overreach (Shaneen Allen, etc.), 4) some people with DGU stories, 4) an NRA headliner speaker - Dana Loesch? Colin Noir?.etc. 
  • Can we brainstorm any signs/t-shirts well in advance, pre-print them, deliver them in advance? Maybe even have lawn stakes that people can pick up afterwards to get a second life from the same sign by displaying it in their yard?
  • I could go on... and on... an on. I'm TOTALLY glad to see what happened today... to see the people who showed up... and stood up for individual freedoms. Because that's really what it's all about. That said, I walked away convinced that we have to think MUCH, MUCH bigger. 
  • If nothing else, while the 2A org's hopefully let the injunctions and lawsuits fly, each of us can do 2 things: 1) recruit more people into the shooting sports (just "bring a guest" - how hard it that?), and 2) help make sure the abuse and over reach we're seeing from Murphy's administration is burned into the consciousness of every voter we meet. We have 3+ years to get that done. IMO, the time to plan the summer rally is RIGHT NOW. That's how I see it.
  • Like 7

There is no mention of mag registration, or fees, in the above link to the bill that we are discussing.  

The way I read it(I could be wrong) is if you have a any mag that is more than 10 via a modded 30 round to 15 or a 15 round mag it becomes illegal after the grace period. It said however your existing mags could be modded to 10. The registering thing I think is for a rifle/gun that uses a mag or internal that's 15 rounds that can't be modded. Then it would need to be registered. 

So if you have a mag that the bottom is welded or is sealed with epoxy and cant be undone and can't get a legal mag they are giving you the option to get rid of the firearm or register it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk 

5 minutes ago, cmarcell said:

The way I read it(I could be wrong) is if you have a any mag that is more than 10 via a modded 30 round to 15 or a 15 round mag it becomes illegal after the grace period. It said however your existing mags could be modded to 10. The registering thing I think is for a rifle/gun that uses a mag or internal that's 15 rounds that can't be modded. Then it would need to be registered. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not going to try to figure out something I have no intention of complying with.

• Like 3