gunforhire

No excuse to not be in Trenton tomorrow. And yours truly will be the MC!

This sounds like a back door gun registry to me.  Pay $200.00 per AR15, which I assume we have to identify, and they know you have 4 AR15s.  A good constitutional lawyer should be able get a permanent injunction.  They say it's to register the mags but we all know that's bullshit.  It's a gun registry.

Maybe it is late, but where the hell is anyone reading about mag registrations? They are allowing people to register their tubular centerfire rifles that hold over 10 rounds and then will take them later. That's it. Unless there is another fixed magazine rifle over 10 rounds I am not aware of. There was zero winning today in the Assembly.

Just now, Scorpio64 said:

This sounds like a back door gun registry to me.  Pay $200.00 per AR15, which I assume we have to identify, and they know you have 4 AR15s.  A good constitutional lawyer should be able get a permanent injunction.  They say it's to register the mags but we all know that's bullshit.  It's a gun registry.

It does not have anything to do with AR15s. Only semi-autos with "FIXED" mags over 10 rounds. The Uberti in .45 cal is so far the only gun that would have to be registered.

It does not have anything to do with AR15s. Only semi-autos with "FIXED" mags over 10 rounds. The Uberti in .45 cal is so far the only gun that would have to be registered.
Where do you see semi autos? I'm reading a firearm. So they want those Lever Actions registered as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

So all detachable mags over 10 are banned then?  I just got in from work so I'm late to the game.

So all detachable mags over 10 are banned then?  I just got in from work so I'm late to the game.
You got it. The earlier rumor was false. No grandfathering no nothing.

I want to know why no announcement was made to get to the Statehouse to block Mom's Demand Action from any seats?

• Like 1

Just now, capt14k said:

Where do you see semi autos? I'm reading a firearm. So they want those Lever Actions registered as well.

The semi auto is implied........It's all the idiots in Trenton are concerned with. So far bolt, pump and levers are not being talked about...YET!

2 hours ago, Gunsrlegal said:

@Mrs. Peel and I discussed these points as we drove home from the rally. I understand that we don't have the type of $$$$-backing the "kids" are getting from people like Soros and Bloomberg, but we need to find ways to increase our numbers in front of the cameras. Rally on a weekend. Lead-time, coordination, and communication are key. Everyone in matching shirts so we look like a cohesive "team." Going on the theory that the country's gun laws may only be as strong as its weakest link (NJ?), maybe try to get some gun manufacturer(s) to donate some $$ to the NJ cause. I don't think another rally has to be tied to a specific legislative vote, we need to show numbers. We might make a better point by rallying a couple of months prior to an election/primary cycle. I admit that I don't have any answers, but I know that people who know a helluva lot more about this than I do busted their butts to organize today's rally and they did a great job. I'd be willing to help in any way I can with any future planning.

i think also........we need to figure a way to get the fudds to get involved. most of them are more than likely retired, and should be able to make these things on work days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Yes...By the Assembly. The Senate still has to pass it and Smurphy has to sign it to become law.  Miss Gov. Christie yet? I do!

• Like 2

The semi auto is implied........It's all the idiots in Trenton are concerned with. So far bolt, pump and levers are not being talked about...YET!

Wait til the final bill is signed. I won't be surprised if it is Lever and Pump Actions too. They are on a roll. Only two things will stand in their way. Someone/Group gets enough money to Sweeney that he has a change of heart and tables everything or the courts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Not even a blip for us on NJ.com or MyCentralJersey. Both have overwhelming coverage of the crying kids show though. The N.J. Herald has changed their initial article that said “several dozen protestors” to a pretty decent write up using the State Police number of 2000:

http://www.njherald.com/20180327/gun-rights-supporters-rally-in-trenton#

-Jim

Sweeney is a question mark here but I think his hatred for us runs deeper than his hatred for Murphy. I think he will allow all the bills to be voted on.

I think you missed the part about paying Sweeney.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, PK90 said:
So you need not give up the 1860 Henry Rifle that your great, great, great grandfather carried at Gettysburg -- but you do need to pay $50 and register it?

But the passing down stops at you, unless your kids leave NJ.

Mine already left New Jersey! 

(Florida: No state income tax and no death tax and no snow to shovel. 14 or 15 hour drive time. Just sayin'. )

I have to ask a legitimate question. Why do we plan rallies for weekdays when you know there will be a low turnout? Did the grabbers plan their marches during the week? No they did not. They wanted as many people as possible to show up for the cameras. I do not understand why we as gun owners use the same failed tactic over and over. 

• Like 3

I have to ask a legitimate question. Why do we plan rallies for weekdays when you know there will be a low turnout? Did the grabbers plan their marches during the week? No they did not. They wanted as many people as possible to show up for the cameras. I do not understand why we as gun owners use the same failed tactic over and over. 

I was told so they could control the narrative. Doesn't look like that happened. We need new blood and new ideas at the top.

16 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I was told so they could control the narrative. Doesn't look like that happened. We need new blood and new ideas at the top.

NJ.com titled their article something like, Hundreds show up for Gun Rights Rally. Then in the article it says the NJSP estimated there were 2000 people. Do it on a weekend and get Fox News Channel there so we can at least have honest coverage. If we had 2000 on a week day, I assume 4-5 times more people would have showed on a weekend. Perhaps even take a page out of their book and bus people in from out of state.

18 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Two different goals. MFL was a spectacle for the complicit media. Only indirectly hoping to influence the politicians and public.  It didn’t have to be at a certain time since they were guaranteed coverage. It could be scheduled when the lost people were available. 

Our rally would not get the same media favoritism so we have to target the politicians directly. Which means doing it when they’re physically in Trenton to see it.  Unfortunately that has to be a work-day. 

One could argue that we should change tactics. Focusing on the politicians directly may be futile since they won’t listen anyway. But without the media it’s hard to target and sway overall public opinion. Maybe forgo rallies and focus on bringing new people to the sport (free classes or range time). Idk. 

NJ.com titled their article something like, Hundreds show up for Gun Rights Rally. Then in the article it says the NJSP estimated there were 2000 people. Do it on a weekend and get Fox News Channel there so we can at least have honest coverage. If we had 2000 on a week day, I assume 4-5 times more people would have showed on a weekend. Perhaps even take a page out of their book and bus people in from out of state.
That would be my plan. Work with PAFOA. 10,000 in that area would look at 30,000 to some.

10 hours ago, tony357 said:

So I am thinking as gun owners we should pick a state to move to that we can ultimately control the government.

Come to VA, all of the proposed gun legislation was shot down in the first two weeks of the new governor.  My house is on the Shenandoah River.  I have 5 times the property that I did when in NJ, carry every day, pay $1200/yr property taxes and 1/3 the car insurance.  People are also way nicer.  Gun culture is very strong in the Shenandoah Valley.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That would be my plan. Work with PAFOA. 10,000 in that area would look at 30,000 to some.

Would have made no difference. Even if you had 100,000 show up. Did you see the voted numbers? It wasn't even close - on anything. 

Would have made no difference. Even if you had 100,000 show up. Did you see the voted numbers? It wasn't even close - on anything. 
If 100,000 showed up and that Statehouse was filled with just us many would have thought twice and changed their vote. When Mom's Demand Action outnumber us they aren't going to change their minds. 100,000 makes them lose their positions of power.

Come to VA, all of the proposed gun legislation was shot down in the first two weeks of the new governor.  My house is on the Shenandoah River.  I have 5 times the property that I did when in NJ, carry every day, pay $1200/yr property taxes and 1/3 the car insurance.  People are also way nicer.  Gun culture is very strong in the Shenandoah Valley.  
You guys are 1 seat away from being us. Viriginia is far from safe.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, capt14k said:

I want to know why no announcement was made to get to the Statehouse to block Mom's Demand Action from any seats?

I don’t understand this.  Surely everyone at the rally knew that seating in the statehouse was limited, and a lot of anti-gun people would be trying to get seats.    Same as at every other hearing.   

• Like 2

this forums attitude has been appalling the last few months. some of you are getting really hard to listen to. quit whining, quit saying the sky is falling, they've already won, etc, and frickin get off your ass and do something. Ya know what happens when everyone goes it dosnt matter what we do, weve lost.... you lose, because rather then doing anything your telling yourself and everyone else not to. this forum has become a self fulfilling prophecy.

• Like 4

Just now, 10X said:

I don’t understand this.  Surely everyone at the rally knew that seating in the statehouse was limited, and a lot of anti-gun people would be trying to get seats.    Same as at every other hearing.   

Not to mention it was posted on the event's Facebook page the day before.  And if you really want to know what the enemy is doing, subscribe to their text alerts. I got a notice from Moms Demand Sunday morning to be there in force.  Why can't everyone do the same, and use their own information services against them?

• Like 2

I didn't know. Others maybe just didn't care. Bottomline no announcement was made and the rally ran an hour over. There should have been an announcement in the beginning asking for volunteers to go line up for seats. If I was running it I would have known the exact number of seats in the chamber and asked for that many volunteers.

Not to mention it was posted on the event's Facebook page the day before.  And if you really want to know what the enemy is doing, subscribe to their text alerts. I got a notice from Moms Demand Sunday morning to be there in force.  Why can't everyone do the same, and use their own information services against them?

That is a great idea. This is what we need ideas and implementation of them.

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

I didn't know. Others maybe just didn't care. Bottomline no announcement was made and the rally ran an hour over. There should have been an announcement asking for volunteers to go line up for seats. If I was running it I would have known the exact number of seats in the chamber and asked for that many volunteers.

I look forward to you MCing and running the next rally.

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

That is a great idea. This is what we need ideas and implementation of them.

I guess I didn't think it was a unique idea, just seemed like common sense to me.  Lesson learned.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

I'm sorry to say, after all these years, nothing will change for the good here unless it's done through Federal Law....OMO.

Yet we have a recent Supreme Court ruling that showed banning Stun Guns is unconstitutional.  Didn't stop the DBs in Trenton from voting to ban them again yesterday.

• Like 2