gunforhire

No excuse to not be in Trenton tomorrow. And yours truly will be the MC!

Yet we have a recent Supreme Court ruling that showed banning Stun Guns is unconstitutional.  Didn't stop the DBs in Trenton from voting to ban them again yesterday.
That was just laziness. They didn't change the wording so it doesn't mean anything. Judge's ruling stands. NJ needs to appeal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

That was just laziness. They didn't change the wording so it doesn't mean anything. Judge's ruling stands. NJ needs to appeal.

What would NJ need to appeal, it wasn't them that brought the case, it was Massachusetts.  Also, who would they appeal a Supreme Court decision to?

• Like 1

What would NJ need to appeal, it wasn't them that brought the case, it was Massachusetts.  Also, who would they appeal a Supreme Court decision to?

No it wasn't. Supreme Court ruling was not a full ruling. However NJ would unlikely win appeal. So Stun Gun Law is Unconstitutional as it stands.

Per Curiam Ruling and was sent back to Mass. Court who overturned. NJ could have appealed on our law however they chose not realizing they would likely lose and it could possibly open up a can of worms for the state and other Commie States. Also why DC didn't appeal. Which in itself should be a lawsuit because of the collusion between states.

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Per Curiam Ruling and was sent back to Mass. Court who overturned. NJ could have appealed on our law however they chose not realizing they would likely lose and it could possibly open up a can of worms for the state and other Commie States. Also why DC didn't appeal. Which in itself should be a lawsuit because of the collusion between states.

I agree with that, but it doesn't change the fact that NJ will openly ignore a Supreme court decision.  Without the teeth of repercussions, nothing will change here.  We need to fight this from within, can't just hope for outside emancipation.

• Like 1

I agree with that, but it doesn't change the fact that NJ will openly ignore a Supreme court decision.  Without the teeth of repercussions, nothing will change here.  We need to fight this from within, can't just hope for outside emancipation.
Maybe I'm wrong but I really just think it was laziness not removing it. Rememeber it wasn't removed after AG letter either under Christie.

Either way you are right we must attack from all angles, with a new plan, and with new blood. My hats off to the guys who have done their best, but we need a complete overhual.

Perhaps we should start lobbying for the Catholic religion to be the only approved religion. If you want to be any other religion you will need to register and pay a Tax. The Asbury park press will be the only approved news paper. If you want to run any other kind of news paper you will need to register and pay a yearly fee. But all articles will need to be approved and there will be a fee for those too. And if you die you will not be able to pass your business on to your heirs. 

My constitutional rights are not for debate. It is not for the loud minority of sheeple to control. There is only 1 way to protect them in NJ. Money, layers and legal wins.......
Money, Lobbyists, and Outside Counsel. All requires more money and big money. When there was talk about how NRA gave $10,000 for buses and that was a big deal I realized how small the thinking is. We need millions not thousands.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Let me start out by saying I was proud to be a part of a gathering of like minded patriots and friends!:)

From what I got from our Bus Captain, she said if you own any semi auto handgun that does not have 10 round magazines available, you may keep the pistols and mags but you must register each pistol with the state and pay a $50.00 fee to keep it!:mad:

Bear in mind that report was preliminary and may be a little off the mark!

I'm not f-ing registering ANYTHING.

• Like 2

Guys.  The way the wording is now.... the registration applies not to magazines.   It applies to “firearms”.   Read it again.    “For a firearm  that holds more than ten”   Is there a semi auto rifle that accepts more than 10 in the tube?    That’s what they are addressing   

The registration is if you own a FIREARM that has a FIXED magazine that holds more than ten.   In order for that firearm to be legal you must register it.   

See the difference?   For general magazines it’s 10 rounds period.    Don’t get excited about keeping mags.   They are done.    (As the way it’s worded)

• Like 1

Why can't the NRA organize a pro 2A rally like the anti gunners did last weekend in DC. The country music community has big conservative names in their camp, stage it like last weekend. Organize hundreds of buses from all over the country, there could be over a million people pouring into DC. IMO it seems like the NRA is a little out of touch with what grabs media attention these days. I'm beginning to think their out of touch and keep beating the same drum. They need a fresh look with new faces. Putting Dana Loesch out there as the front spokesperson isn't working. She comes off as cold and robotic, the NRA better come up with some new tactics. My concern is do they want to? I would like to think so.

• Like 1

While a huge NRA backed counter rally sounds like a good.idea I think.in reality it makes us look reactive and attempting to "one up" our opponents.  IMHO it is a waste of resources (time and money).

I've suggested some ideas to Tim Knight (NRA Boardmember).  One idea is for the NRA to raise money to be used or donated to help people with mental illnesses.  The NRA already hosts country concerts.  Start asking for.donatikns at those.  Ask NRA members for donations.  Partner with anti groups who claim to want "common sense solutions". Challenge such groups to raise more.  Then end of year have NRA make announcement that they, through their members, are donating "X" millions to help those with mental illnesses.  And then do it EVERY year.  Make it part of our mission.

• Like 2