gunforhire

No excuse to not be in Trenton tomorrow. And yours truly will be the MC!

so.....they use emotion, and seem to be beating us, even though they don't have facts working for em......so....time for us to use emotion. it's time we take their own methods and use them against them. no more of this :"high road" bs.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

so.....they use emotion, and seem to be beating us, even though they don't have facts working for em......so....time for us to use emotion. it's time we take their own methods and use them against them. no more of this :"high road" bs.

Then we will have lost more than we could ever gain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

This is definitely a propaganda war, and they control almost all the B1 bombers. We are fighting with 1903's, they have lasers.  We have tin can and strings, they have advanced satcoms with distributed information nets.  They have high tech spies everywhere.  The old farts on the left don't know how to use this stuff so they hire younger tech savvy experts to put together their war machine, and they are beating the pant's off us.

Like any other war, the side with the best tech and most money usually wins.

7 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

This is definitely a propaganda war, and they control almost all the B1 bombers. We are fighting with 1903's, they have lasers.  We have tin can and strings, they have advanced satcoms with distributed information nets.  They have high tech spies everywhere.  The old farts on the left don't know how to use this stuff so they hire younger tech savvy experts to put together their war machine, and they are beating the pant's off us.

Like any other war, the side with the best tech and most money usually wins.

Cut the cord. People need to realize even if you don’t watch progressive media, you are funding them via your cable bill.

no money, no honey

• Like 1

Everything these days is perception and visual. Eddie Eagle and Dana Loesch aren't the answer. Saying the NRA having a huge rally would be perceived as over reactionary? I think a girl standing in front of a huge crowd with a tear running down her cheek in DC is all a visual aid whether authentic or not can be taken as reactionary. The NRA is being crushed in the media war. It's not 1960 they have to keep current.

While the core responsibility of the NRA always should always be to protect the Second Amendment it is time to put a more socially responsible face on our side.

We need to use kindness / feelings to bludgeon their message that the "NRA buys politicians and only wants to sell more guns!".  

While we have.(an allegedly) pro-2A President who will hopefully be appointing one or possibly two or three pro-2A Supreme Court justices it is time for the NRA to add different tactics.  Raising money to combat mental illness, highlighting their safety courses, etc.  Time to use the "feeling" tactics of the left against them.  Facts PLUS good feelings will ultimately strengthen our sides public perception and opinion and more than likely add members.

I'm not recommending giving an inch.  Indeed, we still have much to take back and defend, but we can do it in such a way as to gain better social acceptance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

1LtCAP: this isnt in response to you, its spured on by what you said.

I read this board and its clear why they are beating us using emotion when everyone sits here and argues semantics and bs. they dont need facts when were ripping ourselves apart over who should do what, who is doing what, whos not doing what, and whos guns are in a bottom of a lake. ive seen riping on people who were at the rally, ive seen ripping on people who werent at the rally. if all the gun owners dont try and atleast get in the same book, let alone on the same page then yes, the self fufulling end is near bs will win, but not by our oponents effort, but by our own heads being so far up our colective asses

• Like 1

Let me be the first to fire a volley of the emotional/propaganda war.

And someone needs to make me a meme!

To all you school kids protesting:

If you were for Harry Potter in The Order of the Phoenix you are ideologically for the NRA

If you were for  Dolores Umbridge, then you ideologically sided with the anti 2A liberal left.

HP.jpg

DU.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Silence Dogood said:

Yes they will.

As NJ subjects you should all sue. Use a template and file suit as an individual. I know of no reason that you can't do that, maybe there is.

If I listened to all of the know it all legal experts I would not have ever gotten almost $10k that was owed to me by a deadbeat renter. I had their wages garnished. Filed everything myself and also received money for filing costs and interest. People were trying to tell me I needed a lawyer and wouldn't ever see my money.

Find some templates (successful lawsuit documents) that are freely available and use them. Let them deal with a few thousand lawsuits.

On the one hand, I don't disagree that these are worrisome times on a public relations level... but on the other hand, emotional people are also far more likely to overplay their hand than rational types. I think we're already seeing the early signs of that on a national level. 

For instance, the more David Hogg hurls wildly misinformed, arrogant statements, the more he's starting to rub a lot of conservatives, moderates and even some progressives the wrong way. Despite the sympathy that adults naturally feel for a traumatized kid, it will bump up against the fact that no adult much likes a know-it-all teen... particularly one with such astounding hubris and withering disdain for adults. My attitude is shifting to: oh, please... do let Mr. Hogg keep talking!  

Further, the retired SCOTUS judge calling for repeal of the 2A? He, too, may have done us a favor! He's got all the liberal networks babbling about it round-the-clock... panels of "experts" that can barely wipe the spittle off their chins, they're so overly excited about the thought of repealing the 2A. 

The gun-haters are finally getting just bold enough to say how they really feel. They're not hiding behind their usual platitudes of "we support the 2nd amendment, BUT..." Nope, they're laying it right on the table. You don't think this is going to bring gun owners out to the mid-terms in droves? There's an estimated 80-100M gun owners in this country, spread across roughly 44% of households: they're hearing and seeing all of this... they know they're being unfairly demonized all over the airwaves, the TV and the Internet. The resentful backlash may well be enough to squash any "blue tide" that's been rising. The anti-2A side may be metaphorically "shooting themselves in the foot". I'm not saying we should sit back and relax... I'm just saying that all of that "emotion" could end up backfiring.

In the meantime, in NJ, the focus will be in the courts. I agree with @JC_68Westy 's point above... and one made previously by @capt14k also. But, better yet, maybe that's a way to harness NRA, ANJRPC or another 2A org to support that? Like how about a series of workshops on how to file your own case... with recommended language, templates, etc.? Thousands of cases hitting them all at once looking for FULL, MARKET RATE reimbursement on anything made illegal... with at least some individuals willing to carry it through to higher courts as well. Swarm them like a bunch of hungry mosquitos at dusk. :D

• Like 5

While I agree 100% with what @Mrs. Peel and others have proposed regarding lawsuits, I also agree with @gleninjersey , above. I'm *not* saying go all snowflake, but I do admit to sometimes cringing at some of the statements put out by the NRA.

Why can't the NRA do more to publicize its educational and safety goals? The NRA does so many "good" public-perception things, why not publicize them?

I had an interesting chat with one of my non-2A friends yesterday. She hears "gunowner" and she thinks NRA. She believed that the NRA "owns" many politicians. She didn't understand why the NRA is fighting to allow people to own "assault weapons" (automatic rifles). When I explained everything to her, her stance softened significantly (she'll never own a gun, but understands why I do). She made two good points: (1) some group (maybe other than NRA) needs to get out there and educate the general public with the facts, and (2) the public, once educated, needs to fight to ensure that *current* gun laws are enforced (eg, no plea-bargaining away gun crimes, not letting killers like Cruz fall through the cracks).

Obviously, this is easier said than done because we don't have a positive national platform within the media. I know that I'll continue to tackle this one person at a time, but it would be great if there was something more national that could be done.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gunsrlegal said:

While I agree 100% with what @Mrs. Peel and others have proposed regarding lawsuits, I also agree with @gleninjersey , above. I'm *not* saying go all snowflake, but I do admit to sometimes cringing at some of the statements put out by the NRA.

Why can't the NRA do more to publicize its educational and safety goals? The NRA does so many "good" public-perception things, why not publicize them?

I had an interesting chat with one of my non-2A friends yesterday. She hears "gunowner" and she thinks NRA. She believed that the NRA "owns" many politicians. She didn't understand why the NRA is fighting to allow people to own "assault weapons" (automatic rifles). When I explained everything to her, her stance softened significantly (she'll never own a gun, but understands why I do). She made two good points: (1) some group (maybe other than NRA) needs to get out there and educate the general public with the facts, and (2) the public, once educated, needs to fight to ensure that *current* gun laws are enforced (eg, no plea-bargaining away gun crimes, not letting killers like Cruz fall through the cracks).

Obviously, this is easier said than done because we don't have a positive national platform within the media. I know that I'll continue to tackle this one person at a time, but it would be great if there was something more national that could be done.

I do agree with you that the NRA should do more to improve their appearance without compromising. But how? The biased media would never play an NRA commercial even if they were paid top dollar! Likewise, when the NRA does participate in interviews or discussions the liberal media edits their arguments, or cuts out the positive talking points put forward. How do you win against that? 

8 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

While the core responsibility of the NRA always should always be to protect the Second Amendment it is time to put a more socially responsible face on our side.

We need to use kindness / feelings to bludgeon their message that the "NRA buys politicians and only wants to sell more guns!".  

While we have.(an allegedly) pro-2A President who will hopefully be appointing one or possibly two or three pro-2A Supreme Court justices it is time for the NRA to add different tactics.  Raising money to combat mental illness, highlighting their safety courses, etc.  Time to use the "feeling" tactics of the left against them.  Facts PLUS good feelings will ultimately strengthen our sides public perception and opinion and more than likely add members.

I'm not recommending giving an inch.  Indeed, we still have much to take back and defend, but we can do it in such a way as to gain better social acceptance.

Glenn.  Youre on to it.  Read the email i just sent you.  Im on to something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasu0115 said:

I do agree with you that the NRA should do more to improve their appearance without compromising. But how? The biased media would never play an NRA commercial even if they were paid top dollar! Likewise, when the NRA does participate in interviews or discussions the liberal media edits their arguments, or cuts out the positive talking points put forward. How do you win against that? 

Honestly, I don't know how to make inroads with the media.  Maybe try to bypass the media and reach out directly to people.

I was amazed at what my good (and intelligent) friend believed from the media. I was happily surprised at how open she was to listening. I didn't use catch-phrases or even get into the NRA. I simply talked about the gun laws that are all ready on the books; what I went through to get my FID, what I go through for each subsequent P2P and when I pick-up my legally purchased firearm; magazine limits (15 at this moment); and what "semi-automatic" actually means. Then a short discussion about how Cruz should/could have been stopped long before he entered the school. She told me that people need to be educated about the truth!

I'm thinking of some ideas, but they have to percolate in my brain a little more.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

We love our children and despite what others may do to attempt to sway them they will eventually return to the core principles we have brought them up on.

I raised my children to be Conservative but three college degrees later, I am NOT happy to tell you they are now liberals!:(

They think I am crazy and get their news from Facebook, Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert!

College Will undo all you did for 18 years!:mad:

25 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I raised my children to be Conservative but three college degrees later, I am NOT happy to tell you they are now liberals!:(

They think I am crazy and get their news from Facebook, Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert!

You can adopt me!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

I raised my children to be Conservative but three college degrees later, I am NOT happy to tell you they are now liberals!

Can you recall where this came from?

It happened that Jessie and Bluebell had both whelped soon after the hay harvest, giving birth between them to nine sturdy puppies. As soon as they were weaned, Napoleon took them away from their mothers, saying that he would make himself responsible for their education. He took them up into a loft which could only be reached by a ladder from the harness-room, and there kept them in such seclusion that the rest of the farm soon forgot their existence.

And then this....

“they had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.”

The left is turning our own children on us.  Disagree with what they learned in school, and you risk having your family torn apart.  Thus, we dare not challenge them because we love them and we want our families to stay together, so, to maintain the peace, we keep silent, hold our tongues and let them continue on in life, believing in the social programming they received in our nation's progressive academic institutions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Can you recall where this came from?

And then this....

The left is turning our own children on us.  Disagree with what they learned in school, and you risk having your family torn apart.  Thus, we dare not challenge them because we love them and we want our families to stay together, so, to maintain the peace, we keep silent, hold our tongues and let them continue on in life, believing in the social programming they received in our nation's progressive academic institutions.

Not me!  I challenge them at every step! I speak the way I feel and know better not to cross me in MY HOUSE! I am NOT afraid to call them idiots when they deserve it and then I prove they are idiots with FACTS!

Not to say they they always agree with the facts I present so for the most part, they have learned to leave their politics OUTSIDE MY DOOR!:)

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 10:53 PM, JohnnyB said:

I raised my daughter to think for herself.   We also took NRA Pistol together (at her suggestion).   After a Big Ten college education, major law school and a stint as a prosecutor, she's a gun owner and solid conservative.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silence Dogood said:

I raised my daughter to think for herself.   We also took NRA Pistol together (at her suggestion).   After a Big Ten college education, major law school and a stint as a prosecutor, she's a gun owner and solid conservative.

That's some good parenting right there...congrats!

• Like 2