Just about to get my hands on a walther replica g36, since i'm going to have to take the flash hider off i'm wondering if it would be legal to have this on it.

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Compensator-HK-416-22-Rifle-343p2207.htm

if not, can anyone recommend some good options to replace the flash hider?

EDIT: oops, realized that says its only for the 416. thought it might be interchangeable since the magazines are. Well, i'm still wondering if fake suppressors are legal and if anyone knows what i should replace the flash hider with, lol.

You will, however, attract unwanted law enforcement attention with your fake suppressor.

If it's realistic enough, you could be charged and run through the process on the assumption that it was an actual suppressor but had been altered to be non-effective. The prosecutors don't care why a person may have done that. Motive and intent are not part of gun law here in the PRNJ, just possession. After all, imitation guns are illegal here if a reasonable person thinks they're real.

My vote would be to forgo the faux suppressor and eliminate the chance of taking a ride with shiny silver bracelets on your way to being Bubba's honeyhole in a holding cell somewhere while you get ready to spend a small fortune so an attorney can make this year's boat payments.

YMMV

• Like 1

5 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

You will, however, attract unwanted law enforcement attention with your fake suppressor.

If it's realistic enough, you could be charged and run through the process on the assumption that it was an actual suppressor but had been altered to be non-effective. The prosecutors don't care why a person may have done that. Motive and intent are not part of gun law here in the PRNJ, just possession. After all, imitation guns are illegal here if a reasonable person thinks they're real.

My vote would be to forgo the faux suppressor and eliminate the chance of taking a ride with shiny silver bracelets on your way to being Bubba's honeyhole in a holding cell somewhere while you get ready to spend a small fortune so an attorney can make this year's boat payments.

YMMV

Never had an issue with the fake one on my Beretta Cx4 Storm.  

• Like 1

How about this thing?

May be a dumb question, but It says "any caliber" so i'm assuming its purely aesthetic and I cannot shoot the gun while this is on it?

I want to put it on my 9mm M9a3 and it'd be nice to keep it on while I shoot

https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm-parts/ar-15/muzzle-devices/spikes-tactical-car-1-fake-can-1-2-28-tpi/

1 hour ago, Frankie Raffaele said:

How about this thing?

May be a dumb question, but It says "any caliber" so i'm assuming its purely aesthetic and I cannot shoot the gun while this is on it?

I want to put it on my 9mm M9a3 and it'd be nice to keep it on while I shoot

https://www.wingtactical.com/firearm-parts/ar-15/muzzle-devices/spikes-tactical-car-1-fake-can-1-2-28-tpi/

M9A3 has 1/2" X 28 threading, which is the right threading, but if you look at the "fake can" itself... it's meant to be screwed on to a rifle and will fit over the actual barrel itself, not as an "extension"... so no it will not work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krdshrk said:

M9A3 has 1/2" X 28 threading, which is the right threading, but if you look at the "fake can" itself... it's meant to be screwed on to a rifle and will fit over the actual barrel itself, not as an "extension"... so no it will not work.

Ah okay thanks! Dang i'm having a hard time finding a fake can to fit the m9a3 :(