What model AR do you consider to be top tier?

What model AR do you consider to be top tier?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider a top tier AR-15?

• Daniel Defense M4A1
    • FN 15
    • LWRC IC SPR
    • Noveske Infidel
    • Knight's Armament SR25
    • WarSport LVOA
    • HK516RMR
    • BCM
    • Sig Sauer 516
    • Spike's Tactical Crusader

Hey guys,

I'm gathering some information for a blog post on what the online community considers the top tier of AR's available for purchase. I'm asking this on multiple platforms to gather data and potentially make a post comparing the top 5 most popular rifles in multiple modalities. If you prefer to build, keep those comments to yourself because that's not the intent of this article. I will be teaming up with an FFL and a popular online outlet to make this a reality, so we're gathering community feedback to make this test and article a reality!

Maybe I should have been more clear. I meant with a max price of $3000. Of course there's always LaRue and Giessele rifles too but that's on a level of it's own. Between here and a few other gun social media outlets I'm going to take the top 5 of what most people would want for a rifle that isn't a far fetched reality for someone to buy and we'll do a compare and contrast. I have an LWRC and love it, but I didn't vote for it in my poll. I actually voted for the Noveske Infidel, mostly because we can't have one.

Maybe I should have been more clear. I meant with a max price of $3000. Of course there's always LaRue and Giessele rifles too but that's on a level of it's own. Between here and a few other gun social media outlets I'm going to take the top 5 of what most people would want for a rifle that isn't a far fetched reality for someone to buy and we'll do a compare and contrast. I have an LWRC and love it, but I didn't vote for it in my poll. I actually voted for the Noveske Infidel, mostly because we can't have one.

LMT is under $3,000. AR-10 variant was $2,200 two years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For lower price option I like my Stag in AR-15 platform and DPMS in AR-10 platform and both seem to receive good reviews. The LMT though is heads and shoulders above the DPMS.

to each their own, I rather buy a nice rifle because i probably would spend just as much to make upgrades. with my LWRC all i did was upgrade the trigger (which i could have done from lwrc when i ordered it) and put a quality optic on it

12 minutes ago, capt14k said:

For lower price option I like my Stag in AR-15 platform and DPMS in AR-10 platform and both seem to receive good reviews. The LMT though is heads and shoulders above the DPMS.

Stag is not top tier

• Like 1

to each their own, I rather buy a nice rifle because i probably would spend just as much to make upgrades. with my LWRC all i did was upgrade the trigger (which i could have done from lwrc when i ordered it) and put a quality optic on it

I should note that is the full extent of my knowledge of plastic rifles, unless you count East German AK Variants.

• Like 1

I like to build the rifle myself. Gives me complete control of what I consider to be the best components. Pick the best barrel, upper receiver, lower receiver, both upper and lower parts kits.

This is the only way you're assured of the best components. If you buy the AR completed you're not really sure of what you're getting. Companies invariably look at the bottom line and will scrimp where they can. I also find this to be much cheaper.

Just now, ireman412 said:

I like to build the rifle myself. Gives me complete control of what I consider to be the best components. Pick the best barrel, upper receiver, lower receiver, both upper and lower parts kits.

This is the only way you're assured of the best components. If you buy the AR completed you're not really sure of what you're getting. Companies invariably look at the bottom line and will scrimp where they can. I also find this to be much cheaper.

yes but the point of this is to compare and test rifles that are considered top tier. If you've ever shot an LWRC or a Noveske, you would probably change your mind about companies skimping out

I have shot  $3000 AR's and I will say they are built well. The problem with pre-built is you have to settle for what they built.

What if I want a different barrel, or anything different. I have not found one size fits all, to my liking, and prefer to build it myself.

/

Here you go, already done for you. Very good read.
https://ar15nerd.com/best-ar-15-buying-guide/

That article lost credit the seconds they put 2 BCM’s and Aero Precision in their top 5. Great brands but they are builders brands. Of that list the Noveske and DDM4 are the only thing that gives credit but it looks to me like a tactical fanboi post rather than what actually is great. With that being said a DDM4 and some sort of Noveske will be likely be in our test.

2 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

I got a LaRue rifle for $1100 - buy the ultimate upper kit for $881 and a LaRue Lower for $199. Just sayin’

Geissele doesn’t sell complete rifles.

You should add LMT, ADM, and Colt to the list.

I think WarSport is out of business as of January of this year.

Pick a 5.56 model for a Knights gun - apples to apples.

I would also drop the piston gun - again keep it apples to apples. 

Also, you should make it clear that you can vote for more than one company in your poll.

I voted for BCM, Noveske, and DD. I didn’t vote for KAC because it was a .308 gun and it’s not an equal comparison.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I got a LaRue rifle for $1100 - buy the ultimate upper kit for $881 and a LaRue Lower for $199. Just sayin’

Geissele doesn’t sell complete rifles.

You should add LMT, ADM, and Colt to the list.

I think WarSport is out of business as of January of this year.

Pick a 5.56 model for a Knights gun - apples to apples.

I would also drop the piston gun - again keep it apples to apples. 

Also, you should make it clear that you can vote for more than one company in your poll.

I voted for BCM, Noveske, and DD. I didn’t vote for KAC because it was a .308 gun and it’s not an equal comparison.

you can still get LVOA's, though I could see how they fell off because not many people were buying the LVOA and their .308 isn't popular either given it's pricepoint. The reason the LWRC is on the list is because their piston gun has been around for much longer than their DI has and at it's pricepoint has been highly regarded too

I don't know what top tier means, but If my life is on the line I trust BCM.

Noveske and Wilson Combat are for guys that date super models. 

Stag and DPMS are for guys that date chicks who can't wash their asses.

BCM are for guys looking for wife material.

• Like 2

I made my woman buy both a Noveske Infidel & Ghetto Blaster pistol this week because State Trooper, but really for me to use and she called me out on it

Your post makes little sense. They are all underpowered rifles in AR-15 Platform. I will take my Garand, Enfield, FN-49, Hakim, etc because they will all reach out further and hit a lot harder.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It’s weird that the SR15 from KAC isn’t up there. 

Imeant that, the SR25 was a type o

1 minute ago, capt14k said:

Your post makes little sense. They are all underpowered rifles in AR-15 Platform. I will take my Garand, Enfield, FN-49, Hakim, etc because they will all reach out further and hit a lot harder.

Plenty of aloha snackbar goat fuckers beg to differ.

Plenty of aloha snackbar goat fuckers beg to differ.

Two Marine friends of mine said in Fallujah 5.56 and 9mm were very ineffective. When they got the M14s and 1911s in they dropped where they stood.

Granted they said most of the insurgents were hopped up on Super Meth and had homemade body armor. I was told one raghead took 5 rounds of 5.56 threw his homemade bomb ran back in a house and came back with another one. The next volley put him down and his own bomb blew him up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, capt14k said:

I don't doubt they killed many, I just said I would rather one of my older more powerful Milsurps. Tough to beat .30-06 or 8mm Mauser.

Jesus Christ, you must love the movie Gran Terino