What model AR do you consider to be top tier?

What model AR do you consider to be top tier?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What do you consider a top tier AR-15?

• Daniel Defense M4A1
    • FN 15
    • LWRC IC SPR
    • Noveske Infidel
    • Knight's Armament SR25
    • WarSport LVOA
    • HK516RMR
    • BCM
    • Sig Sauer 516
    • Spike's Tactical Crusader

7 hours ago, n4p226r said:

and it's not an AR-15.  

the noveske infidel isnt NJ legal and can't be made NJ legal as far as i can tell.  

I mean SR-15 in my poll, it was a type-o

1 hour ago, Hairless_Ape said:

It most certainly can be. It already comes with the blast difuser pinned to a legal length of 16". All you'd have to do is modify or replace the stock.

I would not recommend doing that, I spoke to a few different FFL's on this and they say they can replace the firepig with a muzzle brake. I've been told by multiple people besides a gunsmith/ffl to not do that as it will ruin the rifle. However it will cost much more than standard compliancy work because it is very tedious work to safely remove a pin & welded flashhider from the barrel and put on a new one. Toughest part is to find another brake just as big because that big flash hider is what makes that rifle cool! 

I don't think Noveske will be part of our test for this article, I've polled across a few social media platforms and it isn't nearly as popular as it is here. That being said Noveske's quality has gone down. I know they had quality control issues when they were having a 3rd party make their parts for them, but now their in house stuff hasn't been great either.

3 hours ago, Hairless_Ape said:

It most certainly can be. It already comes with the blast difuser pinned to a legal length of 16". All you'd have to do is modify or replace the stock.

It’s not a blast diffuser.  They sell it as a flash hider. 

2 hours ago, JR88USMC said:

I mean SR-15 in my poll, it was a type-o

I would not recommend doing that, I spoke to a few different FFL's on this and they say they can replace the firepig with a muzzle brake. I've been told by multiple people besides a gunsmith/ffl to not do that as it will ruin the rifle. However it will cost much more than standard compliancy work because it is very tedious work to safely remove a pin & welded flashhider from the barrel and put on a new one. Toughest part is to find another brake just as big because that big flash hider is what makes that rifle cool! 

I don't think Noveske will be part of our test for this article, I've polled across a few social media platforms and it isn't nearly as popular as it is here. That being said Noveske's quality has gone down. I know they had quality control issues when they were having a 3rd party make their parts for them, but now their in house stuff hasn't been great either.

The problem neutering it is two fold. 1.  It has a 13.7” barrel and a pinned kx5. So you need to find a comp that is long enough.  And 2.  It has a 15” rail so you need a comp that is enclosed until at least that point so it doesn’t blow the rail apart. The afghan with a 14.5” barrel and 13.5” rail would be an easier choice.  

And as for the noveske quality going down hill I found that to be mostly BS.  There is a local company to them that made the gen 2 and early gen 3 lowers. SMOS arms.  The main quality issues were from tight specs and uppers and lowers not fitting together properly.   Mega has been doing their newer stuff (it’s not in house) but I don’t see a difference between the sets.   I have a gen 1 , 2 and 3 N4 and have seen a bunch of others.  I’d say their quality is still up there.  Maybe in the current market their pricing is a little high but that’s a different story   

from all the reviews I've seen on the gen 3 Infidel it has not gotten great reviews and they said the gen 2 was better. I think it's a quality vs. price point thing. For myself I own an LWRC M6IC, for the money I spent it's absolutely worth it, but if it was $3500+ like a lot of piston rifles tend to be, I'd say it's not worth that price.

ive read the same.  i find it funny though.   my gen 2 has the tight fitting upper/lower and that has the flared forged lower and the vltor MUR upper.   The gen 3 is significantly better fit and finish wise but functionally they are the same.