ireman412

Laws governing private rifle sales

Good points. Especially the NICS records. I didn't think about that. Simple solution for me is if they change the law I will refuse to sell to NJ residents. Almost anything I sell is C&R. Most of the time the buyer is an FFL03. I ship direct to him no NICS, no FFL book.

Now I wish someone could once and for all clarify FFL03 for NJ Residents. The way I read it is NJ FFL03 can travel to say PA and purchase C&R longgun from PA Resident. Fill out COE and both throw it in the trash if you so choose. C&R Handguns I would think you could purchase but you would still have to have and fill out the stupid PTP paperwork that NJ requires. Which no one in a free state would agree to. Does that sound about right? Federal law is being followed and current NJ law is being followed. You couldn't have C&R Firearms shipped to you in NJ as an FFL03 like you can in every free state for the same reason that stopped allowing CMP shipments, COE must be filled out in person.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, 1LtCAP said:

i've already determined that i will not buy another pistol as a nj resident. if this shit goes through, i will then no longer buy a long gun as a nj resident. guess it's time to start looking for property.

Just not in PA.... they are far from safe

Go west like 600 miles or so :)

Just now, remixer said:

Just not in PA.... they are far from safe

Go west like 600 miles or so :)

i was thinking south/southwest

when i've looked in pa.....anything nice'ish looking outside of philly is stupid expensive anyway

Just now, 1LtCAP said:

i was thinking south/southwest

when i've looked in pa.....anything nice'ish looking outside of philly is stupid expensive anyway

New rule should be 2 State. 

If you live in a lib state and wanna move  you need to move at least 2 states over..

Libs vote to raise taxes and expand government power then move to the next state over with more freedoms and less taxes then vote for those exact type of policies again..  2 state should give you 10 years :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, remixer said:

As an FFL its not all that great.

1. Now you will have multiple people in the shop for a single firearm transfer.
2. Nics Delays mean storage problem when dealing with Nics back logs.
3. Issue of people bringing in a firearm that is loaded (yea it happens)
4. less time to help customers and give them the attention they deserve who are buying firearms while dealing with private transfers.

The 25 bucks we charge for a transfer barely covers the hassle.

As a 2nd Ad supporter not happy with this change.
As a NJ FFL dealer i'm just as unhappy.

The ramification of this law are yet to be seen... But i already know its going to be a shit show.

OH FUCK YOU :)

You can share PK's Fuck you as well LOL

Lol

That's the Stupid Shit 'm talking about.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, remixer said:

I doubt any FFL dealer will be doing anything for free unless its to make a political point or a marketing deal..It wont last long. Lets be serious for a moment.  The increased traffic has a cost. The liability alone has a cost.. It would be more likely some dealers will just choose not to do those transactions.

I dont know how you dealers put up with the bullshit now...let alone more knucklehead shit coming.  It cant be easy being an FFL.  Support your local FFL!.

• Like 1

i love it when i see you guys expecting an ffl to do shit for free. i mean really? they're taking all the risk. they're spending their time or paying an employee to do it. it's like asking me to spend an hour using $7k in equipment to diagnose your car for free. if you want them to continue to be there to take care of you.........you gotta be willing to compensate them for their time.

i love it when i see you guys expecting an ffl to do shit for free. i mean really? they're taking all the risk. they're spending their time or paying an employee to do it. it's like asking me to spend an hour using $7k in equipment to diagnose your car for free. if you want them to continue to be there to take care of you.........you gotta be willing to compensate them for their time.
If I was an FFL and I wanted to increase business I would try it as a marketing ploy. A loss leader. I'm not really concerned with it, because there are very few on this forum and NJ in general that buy what I would sell, and rarely have I found anything in NJ to buy. I also see@Remixer's point those coming in for just transfers may not be the customer an FFL wants to attract.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

If I was an FFL and I wanted to increase business I would try it as a marketing ploy. A loss leader. I'm not really concerned with it, because there are very few on this forum and NJ in general that buy what I would sell, and rarely have I found anything in NJ to buy. I also see@Remixer's point those coming in for just transfers may not be the customer an FFL wants to attract.

i wasn't directing that at you. it was a general statement, made shortly after i had to spend 15 minutes explaining to someone why they have to pay for diagnosis. this of course after they ok'd the diagnosis for the quoted rate.

i get your point though, and on occasion, i have, and will continue to diagnose for free. generally those that don't expect it are usually the ones that end up getting it, 'cause they come in treating me with respect.........