Magazine registration

So according to the article posted on nj.com it says 

People who currently own magazines with more than 10 rounds can keep their firearms, though they will have to register them and pay a $50 fee. 

so how hard would we have to take it with no lube on this one? $50 per magazine? Flat fee? Can we now have standard cap mags and drums as long as we pay the $50 fee?

1 minute ago, JR88USMC said:

so how hard would we have to take it with no lube on this one? $50 per magazine? Flat fee? Can we now have standard cap mags and drums as long as we pay the $50 fee?

If you have the mags, you can keep the firearm?  But what about the mags?

Just now, JR88USMC said:

Somehow I think NOT!

Besides, the exception does not include ANY gun when 10 round mags are available.....So the AR is out!

It doesn't sound very clear to me because most firearms, if not all don't have a fixed magazine on them greater than 10 rounds. 

Fifty dollars per magazine to keep my own property - I think they are smoking too much of their drugs they want to legalize.  Why should I have to pay anything to keep my property that I purchased under state law.  Screw that and them.  So I I have 50 (probably have more) I should pay them $2,500 - I think not!

• Like 1

I will go to PA tomorrow and buy a 60 round drum if that means I can use it if I pay $50 to register it.

Just now, JR88USMC said:

It doesn't sound very clear to me because most firearms, if not all don't have a fixed magazine on them greater than 10 rounds. 

Where did you see (Fixed)?

I don't think it was per mag.....The fee is for the gun!

Just now, JohnnyB said:

Where did you see (Fixed)?

I was answering these questions

3 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Somehow I think NOT!

Besides, the exception does not include ANY gun when 10 round mags are available.....So the AR is out!

4 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

If you have the mags, you can keep the firearm?  But what about the mags?

with this:

3 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

well it was at the end of the article, if all you have to pay is $50 to register all the mags you already have (and can have before this passes), then I'll pay it, but since it's not very clear then I'll go buy a few standards and a drum.

2 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

well it was at the end of the article, if all you have to pay is $50 to register all the mags you already have (and can have before this passes), then I'll pay it, but since it's not very clear then I'll go buy a few standards and a drum.

Probably need to wait for the as-amended version of the bill is on the website to find out Wtf they mean.. if you can even figure out then. 

The concern isn’t the fee, though that could get huge if per-mag. It’s the registration. CA just showed where that leads. 

• Like 1

yeah well i'm not sure what they mean whether it's you have to register your firearm or the magazine

if that is the case and the wording is "greater than 10 rounds" that just gave you a window to buy normal magazines and register them.

Correct me please, when I buy a handgun and get it from my FFL, with my permit, I get a copy they keep a Copy and the 3rd copy goes to my local PD. Doesn't that mean they already know what I have. What info does registering do that they don't already gave from the copy if the permit. 

• Like 1

yeah well i'm not sure what they mean whether it's you have to register your firearm or the magazine
But arent handguns already registered when you buy them? This is ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Correct me please, when I buy a handgun and get it from my FFL, with my permit, I get a copy they keep a Copy and the 3rd copy goes to my local PD. Doesn't that mean they already know what I have. What info does registering do that they don't already gave from the copy if the permit. 

Just further proof they don’t read existing laws before passing new ones. But actually there are many handguns in the state that people brought here when they moved in that are not registered.

Just further proof they don’t read existing laws before passing new ones. But actually there are many handguns in the state that people brought here when they moved in that are not registered.
Agreed but if there isnt a magazine greater then 10 rounds available for said handgun then there is no need to register it?

Also....whats the penalty possesing an unregistered magazine greater then 10 rounds? Are you arrested and your firearms seized because you are deemed unfit due to the arrest?

33 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

Agreed but if there isnt a magazine greater then 10 rounds available for said handgun then there is no need to register it?

I see nothing in the bills that passed the assembly today regarding registration of any handgun.  If I missed it enlighten me.

22 minutes ago, louu said:

No BILL'S were signed into LAW today so whatever you guys are talking about does not matter. 

Bills still need to be passed by the Senate and signed by the governor before they are law.  They will probably be law in a few days.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Yes they already have the info so could it be there way of taking peoples guns. They know what you have so if you don't register the mags then your breaking the law and then they can take everything. I wouldn't put anything past them.

Griz

I was responding to THIS post....

This is the comment I was responding to which is also the comment that started this post taken from NJ.com:

"People who currently own magazines with more than 10 rounds can keep their firearms, though they will have to register them and pay a $50 fee."

"keep their firearms" "have to register them"

I am at work so I am not able to look at the bill itself at the moment. This is what I use to checkthestatus of bills.....

https://legiscan.com

Bills still need to be passed by the Senate and signed by the governor before they are law.  They will probably be law in a few days.
Also.....thank you for stating something that should be obvious.

I see nothing in the law about registering magazines.
Looks like something is going to need to be registered...

19 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

Griz

I was responding to THIS post....

This is the comment I was responding to which is also the comment that started this post taken from NJ.com:

"People who currently own magazines with more than 10 rounds can keep their firearms, though they will have to register them and pay a $50 fee."

"keep their firearms" "have to register them"

I am at work so I am not able to look at the bill itself at the moment. This is what I use to checkthestatus of bills.....

https://legiscan.com

17 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

Also.....thank you for stating something that should be obvious.

Looks like something is going to need to be registered...

I don't think NJ.com bothered to read the bill the assembly passed.  There is nothing that says registration or a $50 fee in the bill.  I read it on the NJ Legislature website.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/A3000/2761_I1.HTM