Magazine registration

26 minutes ago, PDM said:

20 or 30 round AR Mags that have already been modified to only hold 15 rounds cannot, I believe, be further modified.  So those would become contraband/garbage under this law as I read it.

Yup. A blatant violation of the 5th Amendment. 

If we are literally interpreting this, I'm not sure how they could or would determine what is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds

Most semi-auto pistols or rifles can be modified to accept 10 rounds or less so I don't know what would qualify.

1 minute ago, ecpChris said:

If we are literally interpreting this, I'm not sure how they could or would determine what is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds

Most semi-auto pistols or rifles can be modified to accept 10 rounds or less so I don't know what would qualify.

That section of the law is useless. Anything can be modified to only accept 10 rounds.

That section of the law is useless. Anything can be modified to only accept 10 rounds.

Precisely. It looks like a concession but it’s not unless you have a unicorn semi-auto with 15-rd fixed magazine (non-detachable) like an SKS.

It’s a red herring to make people think gun owners have an option or are being reasonably accommodated.

I predict some idiot will weld an aluminum 15-rd magazine with trap door floorplate to an AR lower and load it with stripper clips from underneath like an SKS. And then register it for $50.

ANJRPC's letter today said this though 

A significant amendment to the magazine ban legislation (A2761) was added at an Assembly Appropriations committee hearing last week, after ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach harshly criticized the measure during testimony and warned lawmakers that it would stimulate waves of litigation. The amendment would extend the current practice of exempting large capacity magazines that have been modified to accept ammunition up to the statutory limit. Prior to the amendment, the legislation would have forced gun owners to either destroy, surrender, or sell their magazines. Even with the amendment, the legislation is still unacceptable and will be opposed with all of our resources.

....so how come no one hears from any of the manufactures or LGS.....just how many handgun models does this BS eliminate from the market here in NJ.....H&K, Glock, Sig and so on....really IMO, this is an ongoing assault on all the residents in good standing of NJ.

14 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

....so how come no one hears from any of the manufactures or LGS.....just how many handgun models does this BS eliminate from the market here in NJ.....H&K, Glock, Sig and so on....really IMO, this is an ongoing assault on all the residents in good standing of NJ.

Im not seeing how this is working.  They are talking about magazines and semi-auto rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS.  I don't see anything about handguns being made illegal simply because they can accept a magazine of over 10 rounds.  I am not saying this law is fine, I just don't see what you are seeing.  Am I missing something?

I would guess that this means that a full ban on semi-automatic rifles is not on the table right now.  It's the same section of the code that would be modified.   And for those who think a lawsuit is going to help with a 10 round magazine limit, dream on.  I'm actually a bit surprised at how cautious they are being and would have thought that with Murphy in control and complete contro in the legislature they would have been more aggressive.

1 minute ago, Alex V said:

Im not seeing how this is working.  They are talking about magazines and semi-auto rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS.  I don't see anything about handguns being made illegal simply because they can accept a magazine of over 10 rounds.  I am not saying this law is fine, I just don't see what you are seeing.  Am I missing something?

You aren't missing anything.  The fixed mag language in the bill is confusing people.  "Large Capacity Magazines", now ten rounds, will be illegal in 180 days from enactment and there are only three ways to deal with them:  1) Modify to 10 rounds; 2) transfer to someone who can possess them (ie, LEO or retired LEO in state) or 3) surrender.  That's it.  No firearm is made illegal, other than a firearm with a fixed mag capacity of more than 10, which can be modified, sold, surrendered or registered.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

Believe me when I say the semi auto ban is coming and it will pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and with a 10 round limit make sure every pistol you buy is a .45

Sad, but true.  It will take time but they will continue to erode our rights.  

4 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

The right to remain silent. Which is what a couple million gun owners did yesterday

I badly wanted to go to the event. Had work that made me travel out of state.  

Guess thats the difference between real, functional people, and paid protestor shills, SJWs, etc. 

The right to remain silent. Which is what a couple million gun owners did yesterday

How many gift memberships for the NRA have you handed out?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quite a few of the $10 ones to liberals who argue with me.

Whatever that means. So.....how was I silent yesterday? Is it because I wasnt able to make it to Trenton?

40 minutes ago, PDM said:

You aren't missing anything.  The fixed mag language in the bill is confusing people.  "Large Capacity Magazines", now ten rounds, will be illegal in 180 days from enactment and there are only three ways to deal with them:  1) Modify to 10 rounds; 2) transfer to someone who can possess them (ie, LEO or retired LEO in state) or 3) surrender.  That's it.  No firearm is made illegal, other than a firearm with a fixed mag capacity of more than 10, which can be modified, sold, surrendered or registered.

That's what I thought but people keep posting about handguns and such. 

Welp, it's a good thing I lost all my magazines in a terrible boating accident. 

Time to go get my NC license and pop smoke. 

Whatever that means. So.....how was I silent yesterday? Is it because I wasnt able to make it to Trenton?

If you took offense to it then it means you know should have been there

2 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

If you took offense to it then it means you know should have been there

Even if all 1,000,000 NJ gun owners showed up, the traitors in the State House would not give two shits. They would have voted yes either way.  We are not the constituents they care to listen to. 

• Like 1