Magazine registration

7 hours ago, GRIZ said:

I hope you're paying more attention to what you have to read for your classes at FLETC.

Your Marlin, being a 22 rf, is okay under the law as you've already been told.

2 is not plenty but now we're down to one.  That's a pistol caliber lever action with a long barrel.  Not at lot of those around compared to other guns.  You wouldn't have to register it if you modified it to hold 10 rds.  Easily done and reversed.

A lever gun isn't semi-auto, so I don't think any modification would be required????

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than [15] 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.  The term shall not include an attached tubular device which is capable of holding only .22 caliber rimfire ammunition."

7 minutes ago, Fred2 said:

If you have the skills and the tools, nothing is permanent.

if you have hexmags, it's as simple as ordering a shorter spring and new anchor from them, if you don't have hexmags, well loose lips sink ships.

1 hour ago, xXxplosive said:

....so how come no one hears from any of the manufactures or LGS.....just how many handgun models does this BS eliminate from the market here in NJ.....H&K, Glock, Sig and so on....really IMO, this is an ongoing assault on all the residents in good standing of NJ.

Sig and many other manufacturers on their websites have state compliant models of their guns. I know Windham Weaponry has a NJ state compliant model where it comes with a muzzle break prefixed and a 10 round mag. As does Sig Sauer for many of their guns.

40 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

A lever gun isn't semi-auto, so I don't think any modification would be required????

"Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than [15] 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.  The term shall not include an attached tubular device which is capable of holding only .22 caliber rimfire ammunition."

What Inread a few pages back didn't specify SA, therefore I'd think that a pistol caliber LA would be banned, while a .22 LA would not let the language I just quoted.  

But  hopefully I'm wrong.  I want an 1873 .357.  

What Inread a few pages back didn't specify SA, therefore I'd think that a pistol caliber LA would be banned, while a .22 LA would not let the language I just quoted.  
Due to the definition of a "Large Capacity Magazine", I would assume it only applies to semis.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Chill with the personal attacks guys - sometimes stuff happens and yes absence is excusable.  Those that didn't even make an effort to be there are the ones we should be waking up.  Now is not the time for infighting.

Too true.  Seems to happen a lot on here

:(

if they can identify my rifle as an assault weapon, then I can identify it as a bolt action rifle, none of their identification rules apply :p 

10 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Due to the definition of a "Large Capacity Magazine", I would assume it only applies to semis.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

What throws me off is that they exempt a .22 "tubular device". Only .22...  so a tubular device in .357 (say, a 24" LA that holds 14) would be in play unless the language specifically states SA. 

Hope Im wrong. 

29 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

As I read it, and I am not a lawyer, an expert, or anything... but only large capacity magazines are banned and large capacity magazines are defined as a mag that feeds a semi auto.  Therfore, if it's fixed to a non semi auto, pump/lever/whatever then it can be whatever the hell you want.  That's how it is now and thats how it will remain, only the number changes for semi's from 15 to 10.  My opinion only.

ANJRPC shows on their website, which was posted some time ago, that they plan to file an injunction to put a hold on the 10R limit (similar to what went on in California last year https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2017-06-29/judge-blocks-californias-high-capacity-magazine-ban)...Anyone know what the timing of this would be? Like immediately after the law passed and was signed bu the Murph?

• Like 4

As I read the law and browsing through the California board, New Jersey appears to have actually out-done California.

It doesn't look like California places limits on LA rifles with fixed magazine tubes.

I browsed through the Henry Arms website, and was wondering why they didn't seem to sell any 10 round inner mag tubes.

The New Jersey legislature -- making us the first state safe from Civil War reenactors and Cowboy Action Shooters!

15 minutes ago, Pew Pew Plates said:

As I read it, and I am not a lawyer, an expert, or anything... but only large capacity magazines are banned and large capacity magazines are defined as a mag that feeds a semi auto.  Therfore, if it's fixed to a non semi auto, pump/lever/whatever then it can be whatever the hell you want.  That's how it is now and thats how it will remain, only the number changes for semi's from 15 to 10.  My opinion only.

As I mentioned above, "tubular device", only in .22. That's the confusion.  We will see.  

5 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

As I mentioned above, "tubular device", only in .22. That's the confusion.  We will see.  

Yes, the marlin model 60 is a tube fed .22 semi auto.  That is the exemption, the "boy scout gun".   if its not a semi auto, doesn't matter what it holds (fixed, or otherwise not usable in ANY semi auto)

1 minute ago, Bob2222 said:

As I read the law and browsing through the California board, New Jersey appears to have actually out-done California.

It doesn't look like California places limits on LA rifles with fixed magazine tubes.

I browsed through the Henry Arms website, and was wondering why they didn't seem to sell any 10 round inner mag tubes.

The New Jersey legislature -- making us the first state safe from Civil War reenactors and Cowboy Action Shooters!

Not semi-auto so I think they will be OK.

1 minute ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

I’m hearing it wont go to senate vote till the summer.the dems don’t wanna mess with vandrews re-election

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s your source?

21 minutes ago, 9X19 said:

Not semi-auto so I think they will be OK.

I'm confused (it's not the first time) so there are no limits on bolt-action, lever-action and pump-action magazine sizes?

The 1860 Henry that your great, great, great grandfather carried at Gettysburg and the Trench Mauser that your great grandfather brought back from WW1 are good?

That's good.

I'm waiting for Nappen's take on all this. I didn't see anything on his sites.

2 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

I'm confused (it's not the first time) so there are no limits on bolt-action, lever-action and pump-action magazine sizes?

The 1860 Henry that your great, great, great grandfather carried at Gettysburg and the Trench Mauser that your great grandfather brought back from WW1 are good?

That's good.

If you read the raw language of it - it specifically makes mention of semi auto fed firearms.....  

31 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

That's good.

I would be careful. For instance a Ruger RPR can take a Magpul 308 Pmag but so can an AR10. So no go for new Pmags over 10rds even if you intend to only run it in an RPR. 

Maybe an AI pattern mag since I can't think of any SemiAuto that uses them. Who the hell knows. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex V said:

I would be careful. For instance a Ruger RPR can take a Magpul 308 Pmag but so can an AR10. So no go for new Pmags over 10rds even if you intend to only run it in an RPR. 

Maybe an AI pattern mag since I can't think of any SemiAuto that uses them. Who the hell knows. 

Illegal to own a mag for a gun that you don’t process?

honest question...

1 minute ago, 9X19 said:

Illegal to own a mag for a gun that you don’t process?

honest question...

Yes. The way I understand the law now, the crime is possession of a high capacity magazine. Right now, owning a 16+ round magazine in and of itself is illegal. 

46 minutes ago, Alex V said:

Yes. The way I understand the law now, the crime is possession of a high capacity magazine. Right now, owning a 16+ round magazine in and of itself is illegal. 

Agreed.  I own a few mag-fed bolt action rifles.  My .308 takes an AR-10 mag and my .223 takes an AR-15 mag.  They too are limited because the mag itself is the contraband.