Magazine registration

24 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I got a bill for them, replace 9 USP45 mags with 10 rounders at $69.95 each and 5 VP9 mags at $44.95 each. So just for 2 pistols i'm looking at a loss of $855 plus shipping. I will go broke if I had to replace all my NOW LEGAL mags.

Eminent domain I understand to a point, but there is always comp. I’m not really sure how this is going to fly.

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Eminent domain I understand to a point, but there is always comp. I’m not really sure how this is going to fly.

Let's hope class action if not much more than that.

Even if one bought a $5 magblock for each mag they owned, it would be $$$ plus time. 

Add everytown and all these other groups that are at the root of much of this to the parties harming the class. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I got a bill for them, replace 9 USP45 mags with 10 rounders at $69.95 each and 5 VP9 mags at $44.95 each. So just for 2 pistols i'm looking at a loss of $855 plus shipping. I will go broke if I had to replace all my NOW LEGAL mags.

Of course the people pushing this will "innocently" ask, "why do you NEED nine mags?".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

and the correct answer would be : it's got nothing to do with "need". it's got to do with what i want.

exactly, none of their business. I have 9 mags because I "Want" 9 mags and because I had no room left in my safe for the 10th mag!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHZR2 said:

Of course the people pushing this will "innocently" ask, "why do you NEED nine mags?".

My responce to the "why do you need" question is why do you need more than one fork, spoon and knife? you only use one at a time. 

Pretty simple answer: why do I need 9 magazines to hold 90 rounds when I could have 3?

If 9 10 round magazines cost $270 and 3 30 round magazines cost $35, then they should let me have the cheaper option!

8 minutes ago, 9X19 said:

Why would you need more than 1 wife?......wait that's Utah not NJ.

Do you realize what the penalty is for bigamy?

Two wives. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 9X19 said:

Why would you need more than 1 wife?......wait that's Utah not NJ.

Anyone considering having more then 1 wife should definitely first consider a visit to a very good psychiatrist.

My wife ask if we can renew our vows for our 20th anniversary. I responded with "I ain't making the same mistake twice"

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MartyZ said:

My wife ask if we can renew our vows for our 20th anniversary. I responded with "I ain't making the same mistake twice"

Ha Ha

My wife asked if something happened to her and she died, would I remarry?

I said, "you think I want ANOTHER prison sentence??"

• Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 11:45 AM, Screwball said:

Since Tapatalk only puts the second half of the quote, I do want to touch on the first half specifically. If a moderator wants to remove this, I ask that GRIZ’s post (#160) be removed so that there is no question about legality on a public forum.

First, this thread started out talking about a $50 fee for magazines over 10 rounds... you can scroll back and see, just like looking back and seeing your post specifically stated “firearms” opposed to “semi-auto rifles.” Last time I checked, lever action rifles are considered firearms (will drop the specifics on this, even though CAS is somewhat popular). But every time I’ve ever called you out on your crap, you always decide to push fault/attention elsewhere. Be a man and state you were wrong... which lead to as much misconception that your post did. Myself not wanting to read legislation on an iPhone doesn’t change your post at all...

Second, DO NOT imply what I’m doing in regards to any impending law/registration. I don’t need to register anything that is not within the borders of NJ (if it comes down to it, MY post described exactly what I will do, none of which is illegal per 2C, even if the legislation being discussed is passed)... so keep a description of what I’m doing if this legislation passes out of your posts.

In regards to FLETC, I don’t need to impress anyone. It is a training center, not a popularity contest. If there are instructors there, they did enough through their careers to have my respect. Same goes for all Federal personnel (sworn or not) I’ve interacted with through my application. For people on NJGF, respect is earned... and I respect, even call some friends, quite a few people on here. Sorry, but I think it is very apparent you aren’t in that group. I don’t wish you any bad (I don’t do that to anyone, especially people I don’t know)... but I’ve seen enough discrepancies with your posts that I really couldn’t care less about you. If that isn’t clear enough, you can send me a message about it.

In regards to Pam’s, I’ve heard about it from a few TSA, SS, and VA guys during CBP interviews. By the time I noticed your post, I was already in SC, so couldn’t stop. I appreciate your recommendation, but I think a dinner in Georgia is a little far from FLETC in Artesia, NM (there are multiple FLETCs, not just Glynco).

Please inform us of what gives you more qualifications to determine legality than anyone who has posted on this thread.

Remove my post? No questions about legality on a public forum?  FYI legality is discussed many places on this and other forums.

Yes, I know my post said "firearms" because that's what the amendment on registration says.  Not semiautomatic or rifles.  Time for you to man up. You should have read the law before commenting on it.

You are one person out of thousands on this forum who have no respect for me.  Is that supposed to bother me?  Expecting everyone to like you is kind of grammar school socialization.  I have the mutual respect of many on this forum.

I really don't care if you respect me or consider me a friend.  I have much more important things to concern me.

• Like 2

Please inform us of what gives you more qualifications to determine legality than anyone who has posted on this thread.
Remove my post? No questions about legality on a public forum?  FYI legality is discussed many places on this and other forums.
Yes, I know my post said "firearms" because that's what the amendment on registration says.  Not semiautomatic or rifles.  Time for you to man up. You should have read the law before commenting on it.
You are one person out of thousands on this forum who have no respect for me.  Is that supposed to bother me?  Expecting everyone to like you is kind of grammar school socialization.  I have the mutual respect of many on this forum.
I really don't care if you respect me or consider me a friend.  I have much more important things to concern me.

I never said that I have qualifications in regards to stating anything about legality compared to others on this forum. I don’t even know where you got that. Being you seem to not follow your own posts, and I cannot quote it directly... I’ll actually type what I was speaking to out for you.

From your post... #160.

“My misgivings? You were the one saying you weren’t going to register your rifles.”

That is the question about legality I’m talking about. DO NOT post anything about what I’m doing (or not doing) on this forum, at all. You can post whatever you want about your actions/plans, being I couldn’t care (if it ever came to something you need to answer for, that is your worry). But I’m not being held to crap you state about “my plans” in your posts. My post(s) prior to that spoke perfectly clear to what I would do if the legislation is passed, and the fact that because they would be outside of NJ, any associated 2C laws don’t apply. I posted it in that detail for a reason, and stated that I would do that so NJ would not get $50 per whatever associated firearm to fund this state... none of which is questionable.

You want to be a hardass... that is all good and great. But don’t post something that can be misconstrued as myself doing (or eventually doing) something illegal on a public forum. If you want to continue with this back and forth, discuss it with a moderator and/or PM me. Shy of that... if you want to talk crap about me, really couldn’t give a damn about it. I stated where I stand, and if you want to continue your BS, then I’ll bring it up with a moderator to sort out. Figured the previous post was being civil, but I feel it is pointless with you.

I could care less whether or not I am the only or one of many members that has no respect for you. Does it bother me? Nope. Did I state it to make you feel bad? Nope... actually posted that to explain even with that, I have no hostility directed towards you (minus the post I’ve already brought up twice now). Trust me, the feeling is very mutual. But when you decide to insinuate something on a public forum about me, which could come up as something I’d have to answer in a background investigation... how about you shut your mouth?

11 hours ago, Screwball said:

I never said that I have qualifications in regards to stating anything about legality compared to others on this forum. I don’t even know where you got that. Being you seem to not follow your own posts, and I cannot quote it directly... I’ll actually type what I was speaking to out for you.

From your post... #160.

“My misgivings? You were the one saying you weren’t going to register your rifles.”

That is the question about legality I’m talking about. DO NOT post anything about what I’m doing (or not doing) on this forum, at all. You can post whatever you want about your actions/plans, being I couldn’t care (if it ever came to something you need to answer for, that is your worry). But I’m not being held to crap you state about “my plans” in your posts. My post(s) prior to that spoke perfectly clear to what I would do if the legislation is passed, and the fact that because they would be outside of NJ, any associated 2C laws don’t apply. I posted it in that detail for a reason, and stated that I would do that so NJ would not get $50 per whatever associated firearm to fund this state... none of which is questionable.

You want to be a hardass... that is all good and great. But don’t post something that can be misconstrued as myself doing (or eventually doing) something illegal on a public forum. If you want to continue with this back and forth, discuss it with a moderator and/or PM me. Shy of that... if you want to talk crap about me, really couldn’t give a damn about it. I stated where I stand, and if you want to continue your BS, then I’ll bring it up with a moderator to sort out. Figured the previous post was being civil, but I feel it is pointless with you.

I could care less whether or not I am the only or one of many members that has no respect for you. Does it bother me? Nope. Did I state it to make you feel bad? Nope... actually posted that to explain even with that, I have no hostility directed towards you (minus the post I’ve already brought up twice now). Trust me, the feeling is very mutual. But when you decide to insinuate something on a public forum about me, which could come up as something I’d have to answer in a background investigation... how about you shut your mouth?

This post sums it up for anyone to make judgement.

On 3/30/2018 at 8:33 AM, MartyZ said:

Anyone considering having more then 1 wife should definitely first consider a visit to a very good psychiatrist.

And then the fight started...................................

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 8:02 PM, voyager9 said:

Saw this article on the CA injunction. Seem to fit for this new bill too, right?

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/08/injunction-california-magazine-ban-the-legal-brief-video/#axzz5AtUfa0hO

Yes, that's the case that CA lost (so far) - Duncan vs. Becerra.  Highly relevant.  The judge, in the Ninth Circuit, Roger Benitez ruled:

“Magazines holding more than 10 rounds are “arms.” Proposition 63  burdens the core of the Second Amendment by criminalizing the mere possession of these magazines that are commonly held by law-abiding citizens for defense of self, home, and state. The regulation is neither presumptively legal nor longstanding. The statute hits close to the core of the Second Amendment and is more than a slight burden. When the simple test of Heller is applied, a test that persons of common intelligence can understand, the statute is adjudged an unconstitutional abridgment.”

Follow it here - http://michellawyers.com/duncan-v-becerra/

• Like 3

With the challenges of gun ownership and gun laws in NJ, why don't more people simply move to the PA side of the river? I've been stationed here now for 10 months. And although I'm glad it's not as bad as CA or NY, the gun laws here can make anyone's head hurt just thinking about them. Alas, I'm doing what I can to learn about the laws in the state I now reside, but it's brutal. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/30/2018 at 8:33 AM, MartyZ said:

And you're still married? (To the same woman, I mean?)

In the age of DNA testing, I'm not sure why the state needs to license the marriage contract.

So you can pay more taxes? The state should than encourage marriage, and it's clearly not.

Marriage-by-race-Institute-for-American-Values.png

2 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

In the age of DNA testing, I'm not sure why the state needs to license the marriage contract.

So you can pay more taxes? The state should than encourage marriage, and it's clearly not.

Marriage-by-race-Institute-for-American-Values.png

Yes, I am still married to the same woman, lol. My wife knows that I am joking when I say that.

37 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

Yes, I am still married to the same woman, lol. My wife knows that I am joking when I say that.

More likely adding it to her “list” of things to bring up at a more opportune time.  Like when you’re arguing over what movie to see, or you make a comment about her cooking, or she catches you with two shovels, a garbage bag and 3 bags of lye. 

6 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

6 hours ago, MartyZ said:

I said the same thing to my wife (who I'm still married to), but I wasn't joking...  Really, re-sign up for a 2nd life sentence??

It's a good thing she doesn't know how to access my safe... :)