Magazine registration

On 3/27/2018 at 10:25 PM, 124gr9mm said:

So I guess this makes Henry Rifles (excluding .22lr's) with a capacity over 10 rounds illegal.

Same for the Keltec KSG pump shotgun (14 round capacity).

KSG has two separate feed tubes - each one is a stand alone magazine..........

• Like 1

I contacted my legislators (plus a few others) to see if they would push for at least allowing a limited grandfather clause : up to 15 rounds grandfathered in if it was what came with the firearm when it was legally purchased - keeping the original purchase together.

I know its not that good but its better than permanent modification (no way) or having them live out of state separated form their loving firearm - and Murphy and his com-padres always rant about not wanting to split up families.

4 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

I said the same thing to my wife (who I'm still married to), but I wasn't joking...  Really, re-sign up for a 2nd life sentence??

It's a good thing she doesn't know how to access my safe... 

when my wife said that we should renew our vows someday. Only going on 8 years. I told her that if we renewed our vows it would make our wedding less special. To my surprise she agreed so I'm off the hook...........for now. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, james.alan.18041 said:

You’re a brave, brave person. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

She did suggest that I should consider sleeping with one eye opened...

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

Only going on 8 years. I told her that if we renewed our vows it would make our wedding less special.

Now, that's a great comeback, I'll have to remember that next time.

We just hit 38 years, so I can pretty much say what I want, just have to duck quick when the frying pan comes flying..

• Like 2

On 3/29/2018 at 11:50 AM, PK90 said:

I WILL NOT COMPLY.

I hear ya. I guess it's one thing to keep your mags in the safe until you slip the surly bonds of this godforsaken state. I don't think I'd venture out to the range with them though. I'd be curious if any traffic stop ever resulted in a prosecution for having an illegal mag (when there are no other charges). Anyone have NexisLexis? I could see it being a pile-on type charge, and I could be way off base, but it doesn't seem likely to be a primary charge against an otherwise law-abiding person. I wouldn't want to be the test case though, because once you have a firearm conviction on your record, well you can kiss it all goodbye. 

• Like 1

While I agree  with those who say, if the authorities are in your house, you have bigger problems! A gun safe is obviously going to be one of their first targets. Therefore it's the LAST place I would choose to store anything illegal! You are not going to be using them in the PRNJ anyway so find a better place to hide them!

A good quality Food Saver food vacuum system is great for most anything including ammo that you want to store long term. It keeps out air and moisture and allows for storage virtually anywhere!

Oh and you might as well get some 30s when they are on sale and tuck those away as well. It's not like you can break the law worse! High capacity is high capacity. If your choice is to not comply, you might as well do it right!:)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Oh and you might as well get some 30s when they are on sale and tuck those away as well. It's not like you can break the law worse! High capacity is high capacity. If your choice is to not comply, you might as well do it right!:)

Can't argue with that logic.

If it's 16 rounds or 30, it's not like you get additional months tacked onto the sentence for each round. After the first illegal round, all the others are FREE!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SIGMan Freud said:

I could see it being a pile-on type charge, and I could be way off base, but it doesn't seem likely to be a primary charge against an otherwise law-abiding person.

Unless you need to use the firearm in question for one of the long established lawful purposes, self defense, and it's taken as evidence and sent off to the lab for examination.

If you don't have a friend in Pennsylvania, a storage unit or safe deposit box there must be a lot cheaper than a lawyer.

pa85.jpg

On 5/23/2018 at 11:36 PM, Sniper22 said:

She did suggest that I should consider sleeping with one eye opened...

Reminds me of an old Steven Wright bit...

So my wife turns and says to me, "If you could know how and when you were going to die, would you want to know?"

I said, "No."

She said, "Forget it then....."

Well, the turds in the State Senate have done it.

They passed the 10 round mag limit in today's session by a vote of 23-13

They also passed some of the other anti-2A bills that the Assembly passed in their previous session. (The voting session is still going on as I type this)

If I were to express my most fervent wishes toward the members of our state legislature here, I would likely be banned from this forum.

To quote our Third President, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."        Letter to William Stephens Smith (13 November 1787), quoted in Padover's Jefferson On Democracy

8 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

Well, the turds in the State Senate have done it.

They passed the 10 round mag limit in today's session by a vote of 23-13

Wonderful.. :(

Any chance Murphy can get hit by a bus before he gets a chance to sign it?

9 minutes ago, njJoniGuy said:

To quote our Third President, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."

It's getting really close....

So we have to give up our legally purchased mags? Hmm

Not for a long time yet. There is a 180 day grace period built into the bill that starts after the Governor signs it. Before that expires ANJRPC & NRA will have filed a law suit, part of which will be a temporary injunction to block the law until the case is decided.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

Not for a long time yet. There is a 180 day grace period built into the bill that starts after the Governor signs it. Before that expires ANJRPC & NRA will have filed a law suit, part of which will be a temporary injunction to block the law until the case is decided.

Ok great. Thank you. The fact that we would have to surrender legally purchased items isn't right in my book. Surely, all of us here agree.

3 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

Ok great. Thank you. The fact that we would have to surrender legally purchased items isn't right in my book. Surely, all of us here agree.

And we aren't even being compensated with a legal replacement or cash.

23 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I want this ready yesterday.  Where's the guesstimate of costs to prep and file from both organizations, and the link to donate to this in a dedicated manner?

Not looking for gun giveaways, not looking for spirited talks.  I'm looking for a project plan, staffing plan, and costs.  Run this like a program in a successful company. With a sense of urgency and a transparency to ensure traceability and execution. 

• Like 5

Can’t even pin or block:

A person also would have the option to render a semi-automatic rifle or magazine inoperable or permanently modify a magazine to accept 10 rounds or less.  Under the Administrative Code (N.J.A.C.13:54-1.2), a person may permanently alter a magazine so that it is excluded from the current legal definition of a “large capacity ammunition magazine.”  An ammunition magazine, which has been temporarily blocked or modified, as by a piece of wood or a pin, is still considered to be a “large capacity ammunition magazine.”

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S0500/102_S1.HTM

I want this ready yesterday.  Where's the guesstimate of costs to prep and file from both organizations, and the link to donate to this in a dedicated manner?

Not looking for gun giveaways, not looking for spirited talks.  I'm looking for a project plan, staffing plan, and costs.  Run this like a program in a successful company. With a sense of urgency and a transparency to ensure traceability and execution. 
I don't speak for either organisation so I can't tell you what has been done already.

What I do know is in legal battles like this you play your hand as close to your chest as possible and let the timer run as long as possible before showing your next play.

There is no gain in filing sooner and lots to gain by letting the 180 days almost run out before stopping the clock.

• Like 2

I guess this thread will move from "Pending Legislation" to the "Current Law" forum. :angry:

And what was accomplished? Just another liberal wet-dream with ZERO affect on public safety. So, instead of taking 10 15-round magazines to range, I'll take 15 10-round magazines. These Democrat hacks can't even do simple math.