Magazine registration

So for those with > 10 rnd mag equipped firearms in-bound as we speak, how does this affect them picking them up?
Are the mags verboten the day the bill is signed? or does that 180 period mentioned apply to pending purchases?
Interesting question. Would have to read through the final bill. How many FFL will actually transfer the over 10 round mag regardless?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't get all the surprise, we knew this would happen. I generally bash the NRA also for doing little for NJ, but ANJRPC did a great job with their leadership this time. Jezz, they made it as easy as possible and people are still complaining about them. Not sure how we can blame them when we have enough gun-owners to keep this crap from happening if everyone voted against The-Lefty Gov. Well, the law suits were our only chance anyway, although I hoped for a miracle yesterday, the reality, with mob-rule, the political system we have in Lefty-States, the suits are the only possibility. Keep donating to ANJRPC and specify the "mag-limit" and "shall issue" suits for your funds, this is our only chance. Don't despair, The-Lefty would love you to despair yourself right into inaction.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sota said:

So for those with > 10 rnd mag equipped firearms in-bound as we speak, how does this affect them picking them up?

Are the mags verboten the day the bill is signed? or does that 180 period mentioned apply to pending purchases?

Not sure I see the point to buying a magazine that will be a felony to own in the state in just 180 days.

As I read it (and I'm no lawyer and I don''t need to stay in Holiday Inns any more), the bill seems to have re-legalized the tubular magazine 18 round pre-NJ AWB Marlin 60. (If so, and if the prices on GB don't go crazy, I plan to buy one, even if I never shoot it.) 

I plan to send off any magazines that are not NJ compliant to live in America. If the SC eventually overturns this futile and meaningless effort at virtue signaling, I'll move them home. If not, I'll join them to go live in America.

Along with my checkbook and my NJ tax payments. 

10 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Regarding modify or grandfathered, here is one part of that bill that states there is a weak grandfather clause:

..."A weak grandfathering provision has been adopted whereby gun owners can keep their magazines if they are permanently blocked and the firearm is registered.

So, here's a question, since the P2P for handguns is returned to the local police, wouldn't that be considered "registered"? So my take on that becomes my handgun is already registered with 15 round mags when I bought it, since the local PD knows exactly what handgun I purchased.

What's your opinion? That might not work for long guns, but for handguns, it fits that bill, right?

have you never read the top of the p2p? of course it's registered. it says such right on the form.

57 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

I don't get all the surprise, we knew this would happen. I generally bash the NRA also for doing little for NJ, but ANJRPC did a great job with their leadership this time. Jezz, they made it as easy as possible and people are still complaining about them. Not sure how we can blame them when we have enough gun-owners to keep this crap from happening if everyone voted against The-Lefty Gov. Well, the law suits were our only chance anyway, although I hoped for a miracle yesterday, the reality, with mob-rule, the political system we have in Lefty-States, the suits are the only possibility. Keep donating to ANJRPC and specify the "mag-limit" and "shall issue" suits for your funds, this is our only chance. Don't despair, The-Lefty would love you to despair yourself right into inaction.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  THIS !

39 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

Not sure I see the point to buying a magazine that will be a felony to own in the state in just 180 days.

As I read it (and I'm no lawyer and I don''t need to stay in Holiday Inns any more), the bill seems to have re-legalized the tubular magazine 18 round pre-NJ AWB Marlin 60. (If so, and if the prices on GB don't go crazy, I plan to buy one, even if I never shoot it.) 

I plan to send off any magazines that are not NJ compliant to live in America. If the SC eventually overturns this futile and meaningless effort at virtue signaling, I'll move them home. If not, I'll join them to go live in America.

Along with my checkbook and my NJ tax payments. 

**AND ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS !

• Like 1

I was reading though some bullshit, apparently Cali ruled that since you can sell your mags to a ffl the government was not denying you of your property because it didn't require you give it to the police(government). Or if you can move them out of state, which again requires me to forfeit my property because I'm once again denied access to my property. 

How does this work? The law itself, denies you the right of ownership of your property or access, regardless of who recieved that property, or if it is to be destroyed. They even disregard compensation through sales, when no one wants to buy them. 

What says the government has to specifically take the property in order for the right to be violated. The laws very clearly deny you your rights to property, regardless of how it requires you to remove it from ownership.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, capt14k said:

I'm not concerned. F their Unconstitutional Laws.

So much for the Super Top secret Sweeney Ace in the Hole.

Giant waste of time sending emails. Thankfully it was copy paste and only wasted a couple minutes each day after spending 15 minutes figuring out app wouldn't work the first day.

Is everyone now fully convinced that calling Dems and sending them emails isn't going to do anything?

ANRPC and NRA if injunctive relief isn't filed for in both state and federal courts, and then lawsuits filed for every damn 2A violation this state has committed the last century, then you can piss up a rope next time you ask for money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's my position too. 

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

have you never read the top of the p2p? of course it's registered. it says such right on the form.

That's my point, this 10 round mag limit for handguns is B.S., in my opinion. Why do I need to register a SECOND time and pay the $50 fee per gun, to have the 15 rounders grandfathered, if it already has been registered with local P.D. when I purchased it?

Long guns, that's a different issue.

That's my point, this 10 round mag limit for handguns is B.S., in my opinion. Why do I need to register a SECOND time and pay the $50 fee per gun, to have the 15 rounders grandfathered, if it already has been registered with local P.D. when I purchased it?
Isnt that extortion?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

May be a little off topic but I just read this on facebook.....

So.....legal mags are being made illegal and illegal drugs are being made legal?

WTF!

The stupidity that is liberal progressive NJ !  :)  And they wonder why normal people are fleeing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

sorry man. i mis-interpreted. i thought you were one of the many that doesn't realize we're willingly registering our pistols. i just had a long argument with someone yesterday about that. i couldn't get it through their thick skull that it says such right on the form. i brought a copy of an old p2p to work with me, and am waiting to see this guy actually show back up so i can show him.

32 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

So.....legal mags are being made illegal and illegal drugs are being made legal?

WTF!

It's the New World order, right is wrong and wrong is right.

15 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

i thought you were one of the many that doesn't realize we're willingly registering our pistols.

I wouldn't say it's "willingly", but it's unwillingly, by a barrel of a gun, unfortunately. Sadly, we don't have a choice here.

38 minutes ago, Moose11872 said:

WTF!

not to be my normal paranoid self.. 

but disarm and sedate.. whats next?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I wonder if the NJSP are going to get orders to review completed pistol permits for the last X years, determine which ones were likely transferred with >10 rd mags, and send out letters to the registered owners.

Ummmm no - while it is NJ this is fear mongering speculation at best dontcha think???

42 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

I wonder if the NJSP are going to get orders to review completed pistol permits for the last X years, determine which ones were likely transferred with >10 rd mags, and send out letters to the registered owners.

They did that in NY-City when this happened. IN NJ, don't know, the ratio of cops to gun owners in NYC (they have a lot of cops) might be a bit higher then out here. I can't see them doing it here, too much "work" for them (just guessing).

1 minute ago, Combat Auto said:

1 hour ago, DirtyDigz said:

The problem is, it's not a closed system. The local PD knows when I buy a pistol, but they don't know when I sell it. I've traded in handguns over the years and never got a "form of UNregistration". But I doubt there will be any fuss made or effort to seek out "high capacity" magazines. They know the law will do nothing, ZERO, to save lives or prevent crime. They got all they ever wanted when the bill passed - to say they "did something!", "took action", enacted "common-sense" gun control.  They never did care if you had an 8, 10, 15 or 17 rounder. They just wanted to chip away at your rights, inconvenience you (because you probably wouldn't vote for them) and score points with the blue voters. But woe to those who just happen to get caught with an evil mag - prepare to be test case and have the book thrown at you.