Magazine registration

1 minute ago, JimB1 said:

Nope, that is from 2017, the article I linked is from the actual court case in Feb 2018 and the injunction was killed by the Judge and the case dismissed. 

-Jim

It’s confusing because it says the the injunction was denied in June 2017 by Shubb but other articles from the same time says it was granted by a different judge. 

2 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

I think C-Products lanced the magazine bodies to limit the capacity to 15 rounds and so they could be taken apart for cleaning.

Also, I have a couple of firearms with magazines that the magazine spring attaches to a spring base, and the spring and spring base are held in by the magazine base plate.

Wondering if you just epoxied the Magblock limiter to the spring base if that would work and you would still be able to clean the magazine.

http://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/products/magblock-kits.html

I agree that all of this is unconstitutional, and it will all eventually be overturned by the courts, but courts make glaciers look like sprinters by comparison and I'd rather not spend my golden years in prison waiting for it to happen.

In the meantime, there is plenty of safe space to the west of the Delaware River.

I'm not selling anything.

dsc00149-browning-hi-power-magazine-base-plates.jpg

For what looks.like hi power mag....dont screw with it....  mec makes a nice 10 round mag for the HP......  ask.me how I know.... :)

7 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

It’s confusing because it says the the injunction was denied in June 2017 by Shubb but other articles from the same time says it was granted by a different judge. 

It's been contested, but it's still in limbo.

If you are reading the same article from CNS as I, then this is the most troubling sentence from the entire piece.

Echeverria said the statute did not constitute a taking of personal property because the state was exercising its police powers.

The way I read this, CA has become a police state.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm sure there's plenty in Sussex/Warren/Hunterdon and Southern NJ, too.

Dont take that bet.....  I cant share a private conversation with the mayor of a Sussex co town....  who thinks the laws are just fine the way they are and citizens cant be trusted to be profecient with and handle firearms.....  

All of NJ can pound sand.....  anywhere is better than here

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

How? Unless you have Hexmags, all modified mags like pmags are epoxied shut.

You should have bought Hexmags! :)

I have some CZ mags with blockers too.

Or, just put in a pin or pop rivet at 10. That's what many mag companies did, nobody seemed to care on the 15's.

2 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Or, just put in a pin or pop rivet at 10. That's what many mag companies did, nobody seemed to care on the 15's.

But..but.. in the heat of an anger-fueled rage during a tactical reload you might rip out that pin with your teeth and unleash the unholy might of an uncircumcised mag. 

12 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Here is the case. Injunction granted in 6/2017 and as of 5/2018 is still ongoing 

http://michellawyers.com/duncan-v-becerra/

Thanks! It’s weird that the article I found shows a judgement in Feb but that judgement isn’t shown here. Maybe it’s a different suit? Good to hear they are still fighting it...

-Jim

2 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

If you could somehow remove the part of the state about 10 miles to each side of the NJ Turnpike, it would be Texas without the barbecue.

Ahhhh, that explains it. All the diesel exhaust fumes from the Turnpike makes those residents vote Dem.

Makes sense!

So the POS named Annette from District 20 is so proud of her first bill to limit the mags to 10, has now co-introduced a new bill to limit them to 5. Hey PUTA, why not just take our guns away, that is what you all want to do. Hopefully someone rents a few Ryder Trucks and parks them in the state house at 100 mph...........

4 minutes ago, JimB1 said:

Thanks! It’s weird that the article I found shows a judgement in Feb but that judgement isn’t shown here. Maybe it’s a different suit? Good to hear they are still fighting it...

-Jim

Different lawsuit. 

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Gun-mags-Fresno-COMPLAINT.pdf

• Like 1

i'd strongly suggest everyone thinking of selling their mags or butchering them to not do so. this bill is as unconstitutional as they come and will be tossed by any court in the country, including liberal ones. i haven't said much because i actually doubted it would pass. clearly our esteemed legislature are not versed on the constitution. ex post facto laws are specifically prohibited, by name, under article 1 section 10 of our trusty document. ex post facto laws are those which make illegal an act which was legal when committed. if you bought 15 round mags legally, they cannot suddenly become illegal. period. done. end of story. (as an aside, bump stock bans will fall as well). not only is murphy a moron, but he's a greedy moron as well. had he allowed simple grandfathering (like the other states have), it would have been harder to challenge. not impossible mind you, just harder. as it stands, this jackass is going to make the taxpayers pay for something that has no chance of standing. if you have 15rd mags in nj, you'll keep 15 rd mags in nj. take it to the bank. the california ban was supposed to have been in effect as of jan 1. the judge in the most liberal court in the country had to stop it for the same reason

the real question for me is where did this attorney general get his law degree? he should be disbarred for giving consent to murphy to sign the bill

I agree 100% which is why I haven't done a damn thing except buy cheap 15 round mags from panic sellers. This time it is different than the NY SAFE ACT. We spent more money for 15 round mags to follow the law then they changed the law making those previously legal magazines illegal. Then there is no grandfatheringing or compensation. I see no chance of this law standing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

I see no chance of this law standing.

What level of state or federal court do you see overturning  this? I can only think of one, and they 1) are not required to hear every case and 2) it is always a coin flip when that court hears a case.

What level of state or federal court do you see overturning  this? I can only think of one, and they 1) are not required to hear every case and 2) it is always a coin flip when that court hears a case.

Injunction from Federal District Judge which will put the law on hold until SCOTUS hears and overturns it. See CA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

For what looks.like hi power mag....dont screw with it....  mec makes a nice 10 round mag for the HP......  ask.me how I know.... :)

I think MecGar makes the factory mags for Browning and Beretta (and many others).

The Beretta magazine is a similar design.

I'm wondering if epoxying the limiter to the spring base would comply with the law, and still allow the magazine to be partially disassembled to clean.

baretta92_10_round_limiter.jpg

7 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

I think MecGar makes the factory mags for Browning and Beretta (and many others).

The Beretta magazine is a similar design.

I'm wondering if epoxying the limiter to the spring base would comply with the law, and still allow the magazine to be partially disassembled to clean.

baretta92_10_round_limiter.jpg

What I would do......

I would tap two screws through the spring base into the limiter.....  screw them in....  then back then out.  Fill holes with epoxy and screwbit back together....

Howeve, that is not permanent in my personal opinion.  The only way to make it permanent is to affix the base plat .....we so it can never be removed.that would be done by welding the plate on.

Again imo, an argument can be made that once you remove this assembly you have just made....  you can just and another spring and follower etc into the 15round mag body

For sanity...buy some 92 10's and have these reside in a friendly state....

1 minute ago, USRifle30Cal said:

For sanity...buy some 92 10's and have these reside in a friendly state....

Well, that's my plan.

Plenty of safe space to the west and south of the Delaware River.

Most relatives have already fled New Jersey. My wife's family have all left or died. She's the lone straggler.

And plenty of 10 round magazines around from the 1994-2004 Clinton AWB years. (eBay is a good source.)

• Like 1

Just now, Bob2222 said:

Well, that's my plan.

Plenty of safe space to the west and south of the Delaware River.

Most relatives have already fled New Jersey. My wife's family have all left or died. She's the lone straggler.

And plenty of 10 round magazines around from the 1994-2004 Clinton AWB years. (eBay is a good source.)

Yep same here.....   I'll be joining them in SC in a few years....

NOW someone tell me HOW is a range ffl dealer etc.....PINNING mags that imo is NOT permanent....and passing them off as they are.

Lets define permanent for the shop class mafia...ya know those that will say that anyone e with any shop training can reverse any mods....granted.

To me, permanent is not being able to be reversed with simple hand tools or other mechanical manipulation, and or swapping of parts.  Whereby in order to reverse.. the body of the magazine would be destroyed.

So for me pins are a no go...  limiters in metal mags are good to go IF the baseplate is welded on....

Plastic mags, lets just say it..ultrasonic welds don't hold....  the easiest way is to cut the body....pmags work great for this.

Lastly.....  pmags are a dime a dozen....cut em and be legal...when u are in free America buy em again....but 30's...  nah I like 20's...

Speaking to others, Your freedom is not worth a few sheckles you spent on a plastic magazine.

Resist how you see fit that fits your risk tolerance

7 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

Liberal mayor in your town?  On the day before the 180 days expires, mail all of your > 10 round mags to the mayor.  By the time they arrive and the box is opened, they'll be illegal.  Anonymous tip follows ...

Wouldn't that be fun?

He is a friggin POS ......who goes against the oath he took in the military and now as a public servant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

I have many Hexmags...

hoping i'm wrong.....but i don't see any of these being brought down by lawsuits or anything short of voting all of these assholes out.......if lawsuits were gonna work, then we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

that saifd.......sue the shit outta them anyway. there's always a chance

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhunted said:

I have many Hexmags...

According to Evan Nappen's interpretation, pins aren't going to cut it:

(16) May a person lawfully possess a “blocked” large capacity ammunition magazine?

A: Yes, as long as it was owned on the day the law was enacted and was permanently blocked during the six-month grace period. Temporarily blocked magazines are not lawful. (NJAC § 13:54-1.2 Definitions) A large capacity ammunition magazine must be permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition. (e.g. riveted, welded, epoxied, etc.) It cannot be readily restorable. An ammunition magazine which has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a pin, is still unlawful.

Hexmags are not pinned and they are designed for 15 rounds. They are/were legal. I have to give Hexmag a call and see if they’ll sell new guts for 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Hexmags are not pinned and they are designed for 15 rounds. They are/were legal. I have to give Hexmag a call and see if they’ll sell new guts for 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as cheap as they sell the mags for, wouldn't it just be better to buy the whole mag?

5 hours ago, Silence Dogood said:

Liberal mayor in your town?  On the day before the 180 days expires, mail all of your > 10 round mags to the mayor.  By the time they arrive and the box is opened, they'll be illegal.  Anonymous tip follows ...

Wouldn't that be fun?

I am a fan of this idea. 

as cheap as they sell the mags for, wouldn't it just be better to buy the whole mag?

Not if I can get a bag of foot plates and whatnot. Hexmag are good people. We shall see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro