Magazine registration

48 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Only for rifle mags, not handgun? Just confirming.emoji45.pngemoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How will they enforce the law if someone owns either a Glock 19 or 17 and an AR9?

@RichP provided the answer shortly after me posting.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Edited by TokenEntry
Edit

53 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

I don't speak for either organisation so I can't tell you what has been done already.

What I do know is in legal battles like this you play your hand as close to your chest as possible and let the timer run as long as possible before showing your next play.

There is no gain in filing sooner and lots to gain by letting the 180 days almost run out before stopping the clock.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bingo....imo filing now is foolhardy....  let emotions immer to a further boil.....let the clock run to as far out to 180 as possible...then file....

3 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

How will they enforce the law if someone owns either a Glock 19 or 17 and an AR9?

@RichP provided the answer shortly after me posting.

Regards,

TokenEntry

That's the thing.  Its unenforceable.....

*unless*....

You foolishly take them to the range,

You have a domestic,

You have a snitch,

You have a kid with a big mouth or wife family member etc.

You talk too loud and proud on a public forum,

You have a house fire -

You have a self defense shooting at home,

Etc....

Other than that.....  unenforeceable.

• Like 2

I wish we could start a new thread or threads.   We are still rehashing “rifle or handgun only” stuff like that  here now.   Can we get one that focuses strictly on how to modify (yes I said modify I disagree with the prior “you are not allowed to modify” post).  I don’t think it’s efficient to have in the same thread people that want to prepare for this law as states and people who are still looking for loophole language.    Not trying to offend anybody but some of us just read the language so differently than others. 

Firearm - both rifle and handgun.

Ugh..... bs..... [emoji35] Stepping up my exit plan from this sh•thole! Geeze...

• Like 1

That's the thing.  Its unenforceable.....

*unless*....

You foolishly take them to the range,

You have a domestic,

You have a snitch,

You have a kid with a big mouth or wife family member etc.

You talk too loud and proud on a public forum,

You have a house fire -

Etc....

Other than that.....  unenforeceable.

I only have 1911 mags, heh...

1 hour ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Bingo....imo filing now is foolhardy....  let emotions immer to a further boil.....let the clock run to as far out to 180 as possible...then file....

That's fine.  

To think that the other side doesn't realize the plan of their opponent is just not the case. But to delay within the law, to "play the game"... got it...

But silence and secrecy, and donations going to a black hole with no traceable action means that some high priced lawyer may be getting paid for minimal work.  

I want to invest, know that it will be invested in efforts relevant to us (this, reprocity, challenge/change of laws that are unclear and/or an excessive hassle, etc.).  I don't currently have a good feel that this is happening. 

Not sure we want "rabid", think crazy SJW types that just turn the common person off to their cause... but we do want persistent, active, and results-driven folks pushing the legal end where it counts. 

1 hour ago, Barms said:

Can we get one that focuses strictly on how to modify (yes I said modify I disagree with the prior “you are not allowed to modify” post).

Regarding modify or grandfathered, here is one part of that bill that states there is a weak grandfather clause:

..."A weak grandfathering provision has been adopted whereby gun owners can keep their magazines if they are permanently blocked and the firearm is registered.

So, here's a question, since the P2P for handguns is returned to the local police, wouldn't that be considered "registered"? So my take on that becomes my handgun is already registered with 15 round mags when I bought it, since the local PD knows exactly what handgun I purchased.

What's your opinion? That might not work for long guns, but for handguns, it fits that bill, right?

38 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

That's fine.  

To think that the other side doesn't realize the plan of their opponent is just not the case. But to delay within the law, to "play the game"... got it...

But silence and secrecy, and donations going to a black hole with no traceable action means that some high priced lawyer may be getting paid for minimal work.  

I want to invest, know that it will be invested in efforts relevant to us (this, reprocity, challenge/change of laws that are unclear and/or an excessive hassle, etc.).  I don't currently have a good feel that this is happening. 

Not sure we want "rabid", think crazy SJW types that just turn the common person off to their cause... but we do want persistent, active, and results-driven folks pushing the legal end where it counts. 

-----uuuummmmmmmmmmmmm----

Ok -  I am not sure whom you think is running the show in this state - but i do not think you are going to get what you want....

Unless you are just starting to pay attention there are two schools of thought - 

1)  There are those that 100% think that certain folks are frothing and fomenting over all this to keep their pockets stuffed full of money

2)  There are those that 100% think that the state organizations are working to all our best interests

There is no middle ground.......

I accept your point and it is well taken and not something that is out of the clear blue crazy to expect.

But one thing in for sure - if the state organizations do NOT sue and do NOT bring massive force to play from national organizations, the traction they may have in state - is all but gone and washed away.

*IF* the state organizations *WITH* national assistance do not take the state to task in court - this is only the beginning of the shafting the good people of this state will be taking.

Lastly, life is way to short to deal with this drivel - if you can get out - you should.  That is my recommendation to my children and what my ultimate plan is - yeah you can only run so far - but running to somewhere else with at least a chance is better that what is apparent in this state so far.

I however *AM* hopefully optimistic that their will be an epiphany of support to see this difficult task through

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

the firearm is registered.

*NO* magazine is worth the above - 

Granted the handgun is regg'd via paper but the long gun is not - so the above is not something that is tolerable - at least to me.

• Like 2

I am not trying to be a d*ck - but I am kinda being a d*ck - 

You *ALL* new this was coming - we *ALL* knew this was coming I should say - and only NOW is there a concern as to what to do - you had more than 4 years to plan for at least 10 round magz - so I am a little stumped.

It is still BS laws - but seriously poor planning if you are only now concerned

It is 

I am not trying to be a d*ck - but I am kinda being a d*ck - 

You *ALL* new this was coming - we *ALL* knew this was coming I should say - and only NOW is there a concern as to what to do - you had more than 4 years to plan for at least 10 round magz - so I am a little stumped.

It is still BS laws - but seriously poor planning if you are only now concerned

It is 

I'm not concerned. F their Unconstitutional Laws.

So much for the Super Top secret Sweeney Ace in the Hole.

Giant waste of time sending emails. Thankfully it was copy paste and only wasted a couple minutes each day after spending 15 minutes figuring out app wouldn't work the first day.

Is everyone now fully convinced that calling Dems and sending them emails isn't going to do anything?

ANRPC and NRA if injunctive relief isn't filed for in both state and federal courts, and then lawsuits filed for every damn 2A violation this state has committed the last century, then you can piss up a rope next time you ask for money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Greenday said:

And we aren't even being compensated with a legal replacement or cash.

@Greenday  My suggestion for you is to contact your hero, Bernie Sanders, and ask for compensation. I'm sure he can find some "rich" people to steal money from to help you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

@Greenday  My suggestion for you is to contact your hero, Bernie Sanders, and ask for compensation. I'm sure he can find some "rich" people to steal money from to help you.

Lets' back off on the sarcastic personal attacks on the main forum area....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

So much for the Super Top secret Sweeney Ace in the Hole.

Speaking about Sweeney, here is his quote from today after the vote:

...."After the vote, state Senate President Stephen Sweeney , D-Gloucester, said New Jersey's actions on guns will help, but stressed that many illegal guns come from other states with weaker gun laws.

"That's the real problem," Sweeney said. "And most the gun violence is coming from illegal guns. We're doing our very best to send a message that we want to tighten the laws up. But at the end of the day there's a lot more work than what we're doing here. I don't want to give anybody any false hope. There's a lot of work that needs to be done."

Murphy last month highlighted statistics showing more than three-quarters of guns connected to crimes in New Jersey come from beyond its borders.

https://articles.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/06/here_are_6_new_gun_control_measures_likely_soon_to.amp

So Sweeney is admitting that these new laws wouldn't stop the majority of illegal gun crimes, but they're moving forward anyway making LEGAL gun owners criminals in the state with these NEW laws.

You just can make this crap up in Looneyville Trenton.

I ask this with complete seriousness because I don't know the answer... can a PA resident get in trouble for selling 30 round mags to a NJ resident? I mean with all this talk about non compliance might as well get some 30s.. 

I am seriously not making light of the situation.. I am genuinely curious.. 

2 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

I ask this with complete seriousness because I don't know the answer... can a PA resident get in trouble for selling 30 round mags to a NJ resident? I mean with all this talk about non compliance might as well get some 30s.. 

If the sale takes place in PA or another state where possession of the mags is legal, no problem.

Much as they would like to, NJ can’t enforce NJ law outside of NJ.

No.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Speaking about Sweeney, here is his quote from today after the vote:

...."After the vote, state Senate President Stephen Sweeney , D-Gloucester, said New Jersey's actions on guns will help, but stressed that many illegal guns come from other states with weaker gun laws.

"That's the real problem," Sweeney said. "And most the gun violence is coming from illegal guns. We're doing our very best to send a message that we want to tighten the laws up. But at the end of the day there's a lot more work than what we're doing here. I don't want to give anybody any false hope. There's a lot of work that needs to be done."

Murphy last month highlighted statistics showing more than three-quarters of guns connected to crimes in New Jersey come from beyond its borders.

https://articles.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/06/here_are_6_new_gun_control_measures_likely_soon_to.amp

So Sweeney is admitting that these new laws wouldn't stop the majority of illegal gun crimes, but they're moving forward anyway making LEGAL gun owners criminals in the state with these NEW laws.

You just can make this crap up in Looneyville Trenton.

This is the real push - do not be fooled - the real push is coming from the NE to SE states - " to do something " etc.

And isn't it refreshing to make laws that do nothing and they actually admit it ?

The sole and only goal is that they want ALL THE GUNS FROM ALL PRIVATE HANDS - *** ALL OF THEM *** - make no mistake about it - and frankly- I kinda hope it all starts on our watch (as much as it pains me to say ) - that way *maybe* just maybe our grandchildren can still be free men/Women in America.  

If you get out on the web and even if you take out the internet commandos and whack a doodles - there is a large segment of the population that I sear to God is just waiting to get it on and plunge this nation into chaos.  This is both sides - they are forever pushing the other to "do something" and I never thought I would say it - I can and do possibly see civil war and secession over this issue

• Like 2

Not criminally, but probably civilly.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Did they just re-legalize the tubular magazine 18 round capacity old-style pre-1980s Marlin 60 -- the magazine capacity before New Jersey limited magazine capacity to 15, and forced Marlin to build only the 15-round "Jersey Marlin"?

(If so, I'll be looking for one -- just "because"!)

There are two 18 round Marlin 60s on GB right now. $150 and $175 with no bids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vladtepes said:

I mean with all this talk about non compliance might as well get some 30s.. 

That actually is a good point. As of next Wednesday, we all become felons in the state. What the hell, if 15 will be illegal, might as well go full bore, and get some 30's. It's not like they add on an additional month of jail for each round over 10.

• Like 1

I'm sure we will hear shortly from Scott Bach and the ANJRPC what a great job they did. If they weren't such superheros, it would be much worse. They suck. The NRA...again, if they were involved behind the scenes, then they are equally inept and have not earned our money nor support. I'm tired of being told we have people working for us in Trenton. Really?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Call me a pessimist, but I don't think that an illegal magazine will help you to convince a jury of your innocence.

5 hours ago, Bob2222 said:

Call me a pessimist, but I don't think that an illegal magazine will help you to convince a jury of your innocence.

Right......  that's the point.

They cannot enforce this unless they are prepared to go door to door with warrants.....

Or the other ways as examples show above.

Someone said here it is not worth it to be a felon in NJ and lose your rights in free America if you plan to exit.

If you plan to resist, you have to be very very smart about how you plan to.

To me, as a person that is leaving, this is not worth it to resist further, here in NJ this far behind the lines with no relief column in sight

I have seen it coming for over 4 years as we all have, and do not have one firearm that has a mag over ten.

None of this assuaged the fact that it is BS, it needs to be fought legally and vigorously as long as it can be to the end .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Someone said here it is not worth it to be a felon in NJ and lose your rights in free America if you plan to exit.

To me, as a person that is leaving, this is not worth it to resist further, here in NJ this far behind the lines with no relief column in sight

Exactly how I feel. Sure, emotionally, I'd like to say F them. The odds of getting "caught" with illegal mag is very low, but the cost is extremely high. I am certain there is some guidance going out from the AG to county prosecutors to make this a zero-tolerance violation. I don't need to give some NJ political hack prosecutor a hard-on by getting found with a deadly "high capacity" magazine, and "arsenal" of weapons and a "hoard" of ammo. 

So for those with > 10 rnd mag equipped firearms in-bound as we speak, how does this affect them picking them up?

Are the mags verboten the day the bill is signed? or does that 180 period mentioned apply to pending purchases?