They're working on it:

Dem Rep Wasserman Schultz Introduces Legislation Requiring Background Checks on Ammunition Buyers

Monday, Miami NBC affiliate WTVJ reported on Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s (D-FL) news conference announcing the Ammunition Background Check Act of 2018, which was legislation requiring background checks to purchase ammunition.

Surrounded by students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Wasserman Schultz said, “Unlike firearm purchases, someone who wants to go into a store that sells ammunition can buy as much ammunition as they want without so much as being asked their first name.”

She added, “This is just such a gaping and grave and dangerous loophole that I could not wrap my mind around it when I was told that that was the case.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/26/dem-rep-wasserman-schultz-introduces-legislation-requiring-background-checks-ammunition-buyers/

5 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

She added, “This is just such a gaping and grave and dangerous loophole that I could not wrap my mind around it”

Bah. Just one more thing in the vast universe of things she can’t wrap her mind around. 

• Like 1

We need to start being clear about whether we are talking about laws at the state level or federal level. The AWB thread is a mess because people are jumping back and forth between the two. 

Anyways,

At the state level, I have not seen any bill mentioning ammo sales...yet.

At the federal level, Crazy Debbie introduced an ammo bill requiring a background check for all ammo sales. 

Nothing really new. Our very own Bonnie Watson Coleman introduced something similar three years ago. Co sponsored by our very own Frank Pallone.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2015/05/bonnie_watson_coleman_to_inroduce_bill_to_restrict.html

If Dems take Congress this fall, then a Trump veto is the only thing standing between us and an anti onslaught of federal bills like these until 2020.

Scary thought.

2 hours ago, shooter28 said:

Anyways,

At the state level, I have not seen any bill mentioning ammo sales...yet.

I'm thinking, the NJ Dems will allow internet ammo sales to continue.  If they ban internet ammo in state, that will be a huge boon for our LGSs and help keep them in business.

NJ would be stupid to ban internet ammo sales! Most sellers want a copy on file of your NJFID anyway and that's a background check right there. I'll be damned if I will pay for a NICS check on a box of ammo. I will drive across the bridge into PA or DE and do my shopping there!

Come to think of it, why not just do ALL my shopping over the bridge? Groceries, clothing, booze, smokes...everything so I don't give this state any more money than I absolutely have to! Oh and some spare mags too!:)

• Like 3