Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

New Anti-gun Bills Introduced Yesterday (3/26)

Did anyone hear about these? I saw it posted on Reddit NJGuns:

• A3815 - Increases from 18 to 21 age at which person is eligible to receive firearms purchaser identification.
  • S2434 - Requires successful completion of firearms education program to obtain initial firearms purchaser identification card and permit to purchase a handgun.
  • S2402 - Prohibits State-sponsored travel to states lacking permit to purchase firearms laws.

The intent of S2402 is to put economic pressure on gun friendly states to fall in line with NJ’s more draconian laws, by cutting off whatever travel dollars NJ employees on government business would be spending there. 

As a taxpayer, I think it’s a fine idea to stop employee travel on the taxpayer dime.  If S2402 stops the junkets, I’m all for it.  I doubt Scottsdale, Orlando, New Orleans,  etc will notice a difference in revenue. 

3 minutes ago, 10X said:

The intent of S2402 is to put economic pressure on gun friendly states to fall in line with NJ’s more draconian laws, by cutting off whatever travel dollars NJ employees on government business would be spending there. 

As a taxpayer, I think it’s a fine idea to stop employee travel on the taxpayer dime.  If S2402 stops the junkets, I’m all for it.  I doubt Scottsdale, Orlando, New Orleans,  etc will notice a difference in revenue. 

I'm sure gun friendly states could do the same thing in return and try to pressure NJ to reduce its draconian gun laws. Even though I seriously doubt other states would actually travel to NJ for any reason to begin with.

The first batch was what they were going to do anyway, when Murphy got elected by illegal aliens and liberals. Some of whom post on this very board. Now this is the latest demanded by Bloomberg the Nazi. After all these, they will look to out-do California in bans and ammo sales checks. As a final present to Loretta Weinberg before she leaves this mortal coil, smart guns will be required and only permitted to be sold.

On 3/27/2018 at 5:47 PM, 10X said:

Chances this doesn't go anywhere once they hear from the state employees' unions? (Not to mention the effect on legislators' plans.)

Pretty good, I think.