Howard

Permanently blocking a magazine

A.2761 by Assemblyman Greenwald (D) would ban magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.  The bill was amended last week in the Assembly Appropriations Committee.  After realizing that the bill would most likely result in litigation, the Committee amended the bill to allow permanent blocking of already owned magazines.  So, that leads to a question.

I assume that means we will be allowed to damage our 15 round magazines to make the only hold 10 rounds.  But what about our 16 and 17 round magazines that were already "permanently" blocked to only accept 15 - if we modify them to only hold 10 do we then go to jail for having permanently modified mags that they will then say were not permanently reduced since we were able to unpin them and reduce them?  Is this a trap????

if you own P-Mags, they are already permanently modified. This is where I'm confused as well, whether that means we can keep them if we already own them, or it's a catch-22 that you either have to turn them in/destroy them or if you're caught with them you're now a felon.

1 hour ago, Howard said:

A.2761 by Assemblyman Greenwald (D) would ban magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.  The bill was amended last week in the Assembly Appropriations Committee.  After realizing that the bill would most likely result in litigation, the Committee amended the bill to allow permanent blocking of already owned magazines.  So, that leads to a question.

I assume that means we will be allowed to damage our 15 round magazines to make the only hold 10 rounds.  But what about our 16 and 17 round magazines that were already "permanently" blocked to only accept 15 - if we modify them to only hold 10 do we then go to jail for having permanently modified mags that they will then say were not permanently reduced since we were able to unpin them and reduce them?  Is this a trap????

Ask yourself this - how will they know that you unmodified to re-modify a magazine to be now reduced from 15 to 10 - why not just say - I modified it to ten if anyone ever asks which they wont.  sheesh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howard said:

No... because if a gun shop that modifies mags permanently can only get you a certain gun that you want with a 15 or 17rd mag and they make it 10 it is really the same thing.

or you just get 10 round mags, which honestly for AR's if you buy the little 10 round mags from Magpul, they are better than the modified 30's. For whatever reason every one of my P-Mags has an issue where they don't seat in the Magwell without a few attempts with the bolt forward. Regardless if they want me to turn my shit in, I expect to be paid in full to replace those magazines.

3 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Regardless if they want me to turn my shit in, I expect to be paid in full to replace those magazines.

Keep dreaming !!  LOL

ROFLMAO

NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN !

Sorry - but I just had to chuckle.........they dont care about you - they can give to shits about you - your everything they hate - everything they loathe - you are what is between them and their utopian wet dream - they will make your life miserable very step of the way - all the while greasing the system to make some shithead - who sucks the teet of the government life easier....

Oh BTW didn't you get taught that the AR pattern gets loaded on an open bolt and if you want to load on a closed bolt you gotta download????

never had an issue loading 30 round mags with the bolt forward. I learned when you heard "LOADDDDDDDD....MAKE READY" Slingshot, brass check, tap forward assist, weapon on safe until you are ready to fire"

I posted on the other thread that I won’t be able to modify my current 15 round pmags NOT because that would be illegal but because I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that modified pmags were epoxied shut and couldnt be further modified. The way I read the statute is that if you have a mag permanently modified to only hold ten it doesn’t matter if it was originally 20, 30 or 100 round mag, as long as it can only hold 10.  

To my question, can a 15 round pmag be opened and repinned to 10?

I did read that state congress has approved legislation to fully fund police and fire pensions as well as give police the raises they deserve (my girlfriend hasn't received a raise in the 4 years she's been with NJSP) but Murphy plans to veto it. Good luck getting your law enforcement to enforce these new laws after you fuck with their money. Maybe if all our police identify themselves as illegal immigrants they'll get the money they deserve.

I did read that state congress has approved legislation to fully fund police and fire pensions as well as give police the raises they deserve (my girlfriend hasn't received a raise in the 4 years she's been with NJSP) but Murphy plans to veto it. Good luck getting your law enforcement to enforce these new laws after you fuck with their money. Maybe if all our police identify themselves as illegal immigrants they'll get the money they deserve.

What is her current salary and what percentage is her Pension and after how many years is she fully vested and at what age can she start collecting? I think you will find it is better than what most are getting in private sector jobs. Though it is unlikely any of the public pensions we be around in a few years. It just isn’t possible to fund them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just now, capt14k said:

What is her current salary and what percentage is her Pension and after how many years is she fully vested and at what age can she start collecting? I think you will find it is better than what most are getting in private sector jobs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not sure, but from what she's told me the next time she'll actually get a salary increase is when she picks up Sergeant, and she's been making the same amount for the last 3 years.

not sure, but from what she's told me the next time she'll actually get a salary increase is when she picks up Sergeant, and she's been making the same amount for the last 3 years.
Construction industry non Union guys are making less than they were 20 years ago due to illegal immigrants and there is no pensions.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PDM said:

I posted on the other thread that I won’t be able to modify my current 15 round pmags NOT because that would be illegal but because I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that modified pmags were epoxied shut and couldnt be further modified. The way I read the statute is that if you have a mag permanently modified to only hold ten it doesn’t matter if it was originally 20, 30 or 100 round mag, as long as it can only hold 10.  

To my question, can a 15 round pmag be opened and repinned to 10?

The new pmags from midwest have an ultrasonic weld...no glue etc.  The weld will not hold to a good wrap with punch an mallet....  maybe it had something to do with the cold weather in VT

Look at you mag if you have two little circles at the baseplate..then it's an ultrasonic weld..

If so. Measure...cut....pin...voila all done

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

read this. while it's written in such a way as to kinda troll.....it's not really as far off as many might think it is.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/08/31/democrats-will-never-confiscate-guns-instead-youll-hand/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=SumoMe&utm_campaign=sumome_share

While that has a lot of merit, what is not mentioned is when people get desperate they are unpredictable.....  and that article is based on predictable responses.... not that which cannot be predicted. 

1000 +/-.... men/women with the will, can at least for a short term bring this nation to a standstill.

This makes for a great book and an exercise in war gaming.....Imagine well planned coordinated attacks by the aforementioned group....and I do not mean major metropolis, to start, I mean down home America....  

Hit the substations that are unprotected.....  

Hit the transport of goods and services.....

With nothing to lose and pushed to the brink, the level with which people can wreak large scale havoc would be unprecedented in a non open war scenario

Etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

The new pmags from midwest have an ultrasonic weld...no glue etc.  The weld will not hold to a good wrap with punch an mallet....  maybe it had something to do with the cold weather in VT

Look at you mag if you have two little circles at the baseplate..then it's an ultrasonic weld..

If so. Measure...cut....pin...voila all done

you can also order additional 5 round blocks from Magpul and just add them.

16 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Keep dreaming !!  LOL

ROFLMAO

NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER GOING TO HAPPEN !

Been laughing since 2013 - remember during those committee hearings when Lou Douchewald proposed the idea of a "magazine buyback"... to the tune of $5 per magazine??

What a schmuck.

• Like 1

at this point the choice you make is at your own discretion based on what i'm saying.

for a permanent solution you can always put a pop rivet in the side of a magazine and modify them to fit 10 rounds and if you move to a free state, remove it.

50 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

at this point the choice you make is at your own discretion based on what i'm saying.

for a permanent solution you can always put a pop rivet in the side of a magazine and modify them to fit 10 rounds and if you move to a free state, remove it.

No you cannot.  Just sayin

7 minutes ago, NJGF said:

Does cutting the spring and adding a block make it a permanent modification? This would allow us to open the mag for cleaning/repair.

Imo no.

36 minutes ago, NJGF said:

Does cutting the spring and adding a block make it a permanent modification? This would allow us to open the mag for cleaning/repair.

add a block, pin the bitch shut, and call it a day. done. easy as apple pie.

1 hour ago, JR88USMC said:

The State Police do not recognize that as permanent.

• Like 1

I have P-mags that have been sold to me that way from stores.

I watched a video on you tube last night about pinning a mag. The guy measured where the 10 round height would be and drilled a small hole in the side of the mag. Then with a rivet tool inserted a rivet into the mag flush with the side then clipped off then end so it couldn't be removed seemed simple enough. Anyone have an opinion on if this would be acceptable as a perm pinned mag.