Howard

Permanently blocking a magazine

1 minute ago, remixer said:

We used best practice. We use the advice of the njsp firearms unit. Thats the best one can do when the law is not specific. You can do what you want with your mags bit giving advice to others with out siding without caution is pretty stupid.

You can easily contact the NJSP yourself or just walk into the NJSP with one of those mags and ask.

Note: it’s not the stupidest thing I’ve said. I assure you I have said much more stupider things.

I flew off the handle - No did respect intended.  

Please remember the NJSP are NOT the best interpreters of the law as proved numerous times. If they had their way your primary weapon would be an assault slingshot.  

I have no need or desire to contact the NJSP.  They have no jurisdiction here.

BTW "FLAME ON"   I'm getting tired of the chicken shit no balls attitudes.
Nick or Mrs Peel - You take some corrective action on me if you must.
But this forum needs to grow a pair.
RayRay is an exception. 

This has nothing to do will balls I assure you mine are average maybe bigger the average. This has to do with the stupidity of risking getting caught with a riveted mag instead of taking a few Minutes to do it using the best known practice.
Please remember the NJSP are NOT the best interpreters of the law as proved numerous times. If they had their way your primary weapon would be an assault slingshot.  

Oh I agree which is why I don’t rely on phone calls. I get emails and have them here Incase they are needed. While it’s not absolute it’s better then not having one .

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

by "don't pin" i mean don't do the pop rivet thing. when i say "pin it shut" i mean exactly that. put a block plate inside. close it up. drill a blind hole, then insert a drift pin to seal it shut. just the way we pin stocks. so i guess....don't pin to limit capacity, but pin shut.

yea? then how do ya insert the fresh one? does it jump in there all by itls little ole' self?  

Sorry for your disability ...My bad

Not all njsp are anti. We do have friends in the department that work with us. When I say friends I mean the 2a community not me personally.

37 minutes ago, NJLEFTY said:

Sorry not following you said dont pin the mag then pin the mag? If you put the mag block into the spring and put it back into the mag what is the next step?

YMMV - the ONLY permanent option is to cut the body.........

The 'permanent' options of epoxy of the new ultrasonic welds are not permanent.

Again YMMV -and it is a moot point -there will be no AR's in NJ in the near future

Again YMMV -and it is a moot point -there will be no AR's in NJ in the near future

What about handgun mags. It’s pretty much the same discussion.

4 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Nicky - I'll just by a new body for $6.95

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, remixer said:

What about handgun mags. It’s pretty much the same discussion.

I do not disagree with that - look @Ray Ray is kinda right - this is all non sense - @Old School is right as well  - just have to wait and see.

It comes down to a few things - sellers/buyers, owners at large and risk tolerance by all.

Buyer trusts that seller is doing things "by the books" to be legal - if they aren't and buyer gets jammed up, who's fault is it?

Whats the risk for both?

Owner thinks a pin is OK when a bill says it isn't, owner tries to skirt the law like crazy to save a few bucks, gets jammed up by an overly committed anti gun prosecutor, who's fault is it?  Whats the cost to benefit?

What is your risk tolerance???  You have to ask yourself that as we move forward in this state.

Personally I saw this coming years ago and made sure I have no magazines over 10 rounds for any firearm I own.  I have a LOW risk tolerance - and yes if they went to 5 well then I am kinda screwed.  :) 

However, do not broadcast what you will or will not do have or do not have that is anything other the defacto law.

Once again personally, those saying I am digging holes in my yard, I will not comply etc.  It all sounds good, *but* if a court order comes down for the forum and it's content.  It get's pulled that Joe Blow stated I am digging a hole in my yard and burying illegal magazines, can that be probable cause for a warrant?  Dunno...  maybe.

This is all theoretical verbal masturbation..........  lol

8 minutes ago, Old School said:

Nicky - I'll just by a new body for $6.95

You free state guys...........  LOL

Soon buddy, very soon.........  clock is running.

Looks like summer of 2020.....getting things in order...

And *THAT* is my point - these mags for the most part (AR plastic) are pennies on the dollar - it is not worth the RISK to have a 30 round body that holds 10 rounds....not at all.  Dump em, sell em etc...  you can buy new ones if you leave to a free state.  *BUT* if you are going to keep em - DONT flipping broadcast it - fly below the radar....ahahahahah

6 minutes ago, remixer said:

Imagine if we were discussing pinning revolver cylinders. Fucking Nj

I would NOT be surprised................

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

You people are ridiculous 

3 pages of friggen nonsense  

you talking about this thread or the board as a whole? because 3 pages of nonsense is what my activity feed has been giving me lately

[mention=8469]Mrs. Peel[/mention], please lock this thread.   If [mention=5381]Zeke[/mention] was a mod, I bet he would.

Don’t lock it. It’s. Healthy debate no one has threatened anyone or cussed.

This thread is FOD!

lmao [mention=3597]remixer[/mention]

Did I just create something lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

@Mrs. Peel, please lock this thread.   If @Zeke was a mod, I bet he would.

Such intolerance - why because the comments differ from I will not comply?  Be sensible @Ray Ray

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

#FOD!

#FOD!

Now that is friggin hilarious - can we get it to go viral???

@remixer

10 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Such intolerance - why because the comments differ from I will not comply?  Be sensible @Ray Ray

#FOD!

Now that is friggin hilarious - can we get it to go viral???

@remixer

You'll not be wanting a virus on that!

• Like 3

If you have hexmags, you can order the 10 round kits from them and they’re very easy to change out. If laws were to ever change back to 15 or you move to a free state, you order the appropriate spring and anchor kits from them.

As for P-Mags, it would be nice if Magpul jumped in on a class action law suit, not only for mags but for other products they make where NJ requires us to ratfuck them, but I’m certain they don’t care, it’s more money in their pocket.

If you’re that paranoid, Just buy 10 round P-mags, they don’t look as cool but at least they will function normally because they won’t have a big block pushing against the follower. Maybe we’ll get lucky and a vendor or local FFL will cut us a deal or exchange towards credit to buy new mags.

Don’t take advice from me on how to modify your mags or if you don’t plan to comply. What you do at that point is your business and not wise to put it in writing online.

37 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Such intolerance - why because the comments differ from I will not comply?

No, because nobody knows what is going to happen. 

So, yeah, I WILL NOT COMPLY

I will continue to do what I do.  

• Like 1

My issue is with the personal property I may no longer be able to use after adhering to the laws that they dictated. It had to be permanently pinned for 15 rounds to be compliant. Now I can either get rid of them or likely destroy them in the process of attempting to make them compliant. There is no other state that has a 15 round limit except for Colorado, and they have a grandfathering law for high capacity mags. I believe Steve Sweeney stated there would be a "magazine buyback". When this was on the table in 2013. Let's put pressure on him to collect. 

@gunforhire

13 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

I was just wondering that. So much talk about the "legality" of pinning.

Has anyone ever been arrested or fined for having an "improperly" pinned 15/30 mag or any other reduced capacity (15/17, etc.) mags?

Has anyone had a RSO sit there and count the number of rounds you're loading in a mag?

11 hours ago, Golf battery said:

There ya go.  I became a nroi uspsa ro and an nra rso.  So if you ever do a shoot.  Squad with me.  I know nothing. 

Actually, that was a serious question, anyone have an answer or experience?

I know in my case, I've never been questioned on mag capacity at any range. Hell, I could have brought 30's, there's never been an issue or a RSO checking. The only question a RSO ever asks are what are the calibers of the rifles I brought.

Have heard reports of RSOs at Range 14 doing something along those lines, but never have been personally.

Someone once told a story (joke?) of acting all scared and asking the RSO to check the mags don't hold over 15 rounds. Its a brilliant way to get someone else to load your mags for you.

On 3/29/2018 at 10:14 AM, Ray Ray said:

No, because nobody knows what is going to happen. 

So, yeah, I WILL NOT COMPLY

I will continue to do what I do.  

Along those lines, saw this post on Reddit regarding 15 round mags, not sure if it might happen:

You have 180 days to get rid of them per the bill if it becomes law. Over those days there will be law suits filed and its very likely that the courts will grant an injunction. Magazine bans such as this have been struck down by courts before in California and New York. The California one is still going back and forth through the Courts. It has taken years. Hold on to what you got.

So, if I read it correctly, the state Senate will vote some time in April, then it goes to Murphy to sign. If he signs it right away, we have 180 days (6 months) to comply. That takes it out to October, so we should be able to use our 15 rounders through the Summer.

If any legal challenges pop up, it could extend that 180 days... who knows.

Maybe everyone should hold out on having that "boating accident" until the end of the Summer to see what happens.

Nothing is going to go in our favor. I sold all my 15 rounders on MeWe in a few hours and didn’t lose a cent on them. Easier to do it now before the market is flooded. 

I’m stuck in NJ for at least another 12 years so might as well suck it up I figure. 

I already have 10rd mags on the way for all my guns and still have a few bucks in my pocket. 

Hopefully NJ will stick to 10 since it follows the lead of CA which all the leftists masturbate to as their role model for gun grabbers. No gun crime in CA.  Lol