Howard

Permanently blocking a magazine

On 3/29/2018 at 8:21 AM, 1LtCAP said:

'cause it lets us keep our current mags. those blocks are only what? 5 bucks? and me personally? i don't want to be grabbing for a tiny little 10 rounder. i like being able to grab the 20 or 30 round body

Hexmag 10/30 is $11.99 in most places, if you want a full size body. The time alone to unblocked and re-block an already blocked mag is not worth the hassle.

On March 29, 2018 at 10:22 AM, ChrisJM981 said:

My issue is with the personal property I may no longer be able to use after adhering to the laws that they dictated. It had to be permanently pinned for 15 rounds to be compliant. Now I can either get rid of them or likely destroy them in the process of attempting to make them compliant. There is no other state that has a 15 round limit except for Colorado, and they have a grandfathering law for high capacity mags. I believe Steve Sweeney stated there would be a "magazine buyback". When this was on the table in 2013. Let's put pressure on him to collect. 

@gunforhire

No, let's not do that. Let's not give them a way to legitimize this chicanery. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, argetni said:

$65.99 for a 6 pack right now at gunmagwarehouse

^^^^thank you ^^^^

in case this stupidity becomes reality, if anybody see any good deals on 10 rnd reduced capacity mags please let everybody know.... 

18 hours ago, WP22 said:

No, let's not do that. Let's not give them a way to legitimize this chicanery. 

Hold on to everything. Including the hope all this crap will be reversed with a SCOUS decision. Our major gun groups are not done fighting. It’s reasonable to hope Trump has enough time to appoint the conservatives we need on the court. We need voter turnout too! 

• Like 1

If the Reciprocity act were to ever pass, these laws will have to be amended. There's also the 2nd Amendment Protection Act that's been introduced to Congress but I don't see that ever going up for vote because that conflicts the 10th amendment where states have the ability to adopt the constitution as they see fit. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up on the SCOTUS taking on a state level gun control bill. Our best hope is the pro 2A groups can put a few tacks in our W Column on a state supreme court level. Let's also forget the new AG is a good friend of Christie, and so much of this new legislation does have to go through him before it hits Murphy's desk.

No, because nobody knows what is going to happen. 

So, yeah, I WILL NOT COMPLY

I will continue to do what I do.  

Sadly the rest will drop to their knees.

I’ve avoided this forum all week because I am sick of seeing the lack of fight. You know what they did in Colorado when they went to 15? Nothing.

So yes they will be worthless when NJ passes their latest tyrannous laws, because the only state that will then be 15 will be Colorado, and they won’t buy them because they buy standard capacity 30 rounders disassembled in their LGS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

These additional "gun" laws are nothing more than political retribution. The new bills do nothing to keep the public safer - they are just punishing people that are not Democrats. From my observation the vast majority of firearms owners in NJ tend to be non-Democrat, not all but at least 90% plus. By punishing law abiding firearms owners (the opponent) they hope that some of them might decide to just leave NJ for more firearm friendly states - decreasing the number of those that might vote against them, therefore cementing political power. This whole magazine limit (especially with no grandfather clause) is political vindictiveness disguised as "public safety". Its all politically motivated, nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paulie Buffo said:

From my observation the vast majority of firearms owners in NJ tend to be non-Democrat, not all but at least 90% plus.

Legal firearm owners. There are many (probably too many) firearm owners in Trenton, Camden and Newark, and they are generally not conservatives.

Losing the tax base should concern the politicians in Trenton. NJ's highest paying taxpayer moved his residence to Florida and it sent Trenton into a panic. https://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbrown/2016/04/18/new-jerseys-revenue-instability-exposed-by-david-teppers-move-to-florida/#7e98f0767309

I'd be happy to trade seven round magazine limits for Florida's or Texas' tax rates, but it never works out that way.

The low tax states are generally strongly pro Second Amendment, and high tax states -- with a few exceptions -- are strongly anti Second Amendment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob2222 said:

Legal firearm owners. There are many (probably too many) firearm owners in Trenton, Camden and Newark, and they are generally not conservatives.

Losing the tax base should concern the politicians in Trenton.

Does the 10 round limit apply to semi-auto handguns too?  If it does it will piss off a lot of democrats because city dwellers are more likely to own a handgun than a rifle or shotgun. They love them heaters and gats and straps and fo foos too.  I wonder what the percentage of compliance would be.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Does the 10 round limit apply to semi-auto handguns too?  If it does it will piss off a lot of democrats because city dwellers are more likely to own a handgun than a rifle or shotgun. They love them heaters and gats and straps and fo foos too.  I wonder what the percentage of compliance would be.

you really think any of them legally own those guns?

Thinking of ordering some non brand name Glock mags....(for when this is signed into law)

anyone have experience with reliability with  magpul Glock mags or the ETS Glock mags (clear ones)

12 hours ago, capt14k said:

Sadly the rest will drop to their knees.

I’ve avoided this forum all week because I am sick of seeing the lack of fight. You know what they did in Colorado when they went to 15? Nothing.

So yes they will be worthless when NJ passes their latest tyrannous laws, because the only state that will then be 15 will be Colorado, and they won’t buy them because they buy standard capacity 30 rounders disassembled in their LGS.

15 rounders are only enforced in the city of Denver, which even there isn't strictly enforced because you can go outside of the city to buy whatever you want.

15 rounders are only enforced in the city of Denver, which even there isn't strictly enforced because you can go outside of the city to buy whatever you want.
Exactly my point.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, Paulie Buffo said:

These additional "gun" laws are nothing more than political retribution. The new bills do nothing to keep the public safer - they are just punishing people that are not Democrats. From my observation the vast majority of firearms owners in NJ tend to be non-Democrat, not all but at least 90% plus. By punishing law abiding firearms owners (the opponent) they hope that some of them might decide to just leave NJ for more firearm friendly states - decreasing the number of those that might vote against them, therefore cementing political power. This whole magazine limit (especially with no grandfather clause) is political vindictiveness disguised as "public safety". Its all politically motivated, nothing more, nothing less.

Bottom line is, they won't be happy until we're Disarmed......forget the rest of that BS....They disarm us, They own us.

Fools abound here because we the people stand for this............

• Like 2

On 3/31/2018 at 9:41 PM, Bob2222 said:

The low tax states are generally strongly pro Second Amendment, and high tax states -- with a few exceptions -- are strongly anti Second Amendment.

Simply put... freedom versus "free" shit

On 3/30/2018 at 2:10 PM, argetni said:

$65.99 for a 6 pack right now at gunmagwarehouse

I literally Bought this got them in the mail today. So are these legal in NJ cuz i can press the button on bottom of mages and can remove the block, spring etc. its 10/30.

And if not can i just use JB Weld And epoxy the bottom of the mag closed. that would be permanate right?

On 4/30/2018 at 5:53 PM, lilred121986 said:

I literally Bought this got them in the mail today. So are these legal in NJ cuz i can press the button on bottom of mages and can remove the block, spring etc. its 10/30.

And if not can i just use JB Weld And epoxy the bottom of the mag closed. that would be permanate right?

They will be legal as the magazine is a Factory Manufactured 10 rnd magazine even if you can open them... plenty of 15rd factory mags can take a 16th round. the mag is legal the 16th round loading is not. 

• Like 1

They will be legal as the magazine is a Factory Manufactured 10 rnd magazine even if you can open them... plenty of 15rd factory mags can take a 16th round. the mag is legal the 16th round loading is not. 

Wait a second. If I open a factory in PA and make 40 round mags blocked that block can be removed and reinserted that is legal? Does NJ have to license the out of state factory first?

According to the NJSP... if the mag is listed by the manufacture to be 10 or 15nds its legal.

IE SW mp9 15nd mags have a bit of extra spring coiled on the bottom.. cut that out and you have 17 again.

take any 15rd mag and cut off a few loops and it will hold more...  You are changing its intended capacity...

• Like 1