buckshot45

Ordered 15/30 Magazines over the weekend and are on there way. Are they still legal?

I just order some 15/30 mags over the weekend and they are on there way. They are scheduled to arrive at the end of the week. I know what you are thinking. I should have ordered them earlier. I would have, believe me, I would, but I didnt have the money to do so. Since I purchased them before the the law signed, would they still be allowed? What should I do? I know i fucked up, I know. 

11 minutes ago, buckshot45 said:

When is it going to be signed into law?

When Georgie Porgie Norcross puts Steve Sweeney's balls in a vise and threatens to turn them into tortillas if he doesn't push an identical bill to the one already passed in the Assembly through the Senate.

Governor Gopher has already pledged to sign it. It will be effective IMMEDIATELY and we will have only 6 months to rid ourselves of almost everything that holds more than 10 rounds because EVERYONE KNOWS HOW SUPER DEADLY THAT 11TH ROUND IS!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, buckshot45 said:

When is it going to be signed into law?

The Senate has to pass the bills next. I heard that could be around April 12th. then the bills have to be sent to Murphy to sign. Then there is a few months for compliance before the law kicks in.

You'll have 180 days from the signing by the Murph to use your new mags, after that you are a criminal (unless you sell-them, turn them in to cops (so they can use them-LOL!), modify them permanitly to use only 10r, or destroy them). Unless the NRA-Affiliate in NJ comes through and gets approval of a court-injunction (which they are working on now), which may extend how long before you become a criminal. It (may) even lead to overturning the 10r limit. I have no idea what the odds of success are though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, leahcim said:

Surely they have included language in the bill to allow for reimbursement for loss of property essentially under eminent domain, right?

Under Florio I got rid of my 30s, now I have to get rid of my 15s. Someone has to pay me !!!!

• Like 4

I foresee an unfortunate boating accident where all my mags fall into the waters off the coast of Seaside Heights where the mix of ocean water, spray-on tan chemicals and coke residue have rendered them useless. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

I foresee an unfortunate boating accident where all my mags fall into the waters off the coast of Seaside Heights where the mix of ocean water, spray-on tan chemicals and coke residue have rendered them useless. 

My pre-condolences for your yet-to-occur-accident. ;)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, leahcim said:

We're there any lawsuits when the 30 been went into effect?

As I understand it, there wasn't really much interest in AR and black rifle type guns in the late 80s early 90s and the Russian/Chinese stuff like AK/SKS sporters were pretty much new to the USA. Only shortly before  and at the start of the fed ban of 94 was there suddenly a huge interest in "black rifle" type guns (the irony) and then after the 04 sunset did a bazillion AR manufacturers come out of the woodwork with a million diffferent guns. Even CCW was not existent even in places like TX or FL until well into the 90s. The fed AWB may have been one of the best things to ever happen for gun rights on a a national level. People who had grandpa's old Sears .22 in the closet and never even been to a gun range with it, suddenly wanted an AR-15 and a concealed carry permit. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, leahcim said:

If nothing else, I'd at least expect a class action suit for reimbursement for actually economic damage caused by the legislation.

We're there any lawsuits when the 30 been went into effect?

I don't think that ARs were all that common. Colt's patents on the AR had just expired and other manufacturers were just beginning to build ARs.

Bill "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun" Ruger was still around at the time.

The Mini-14 was available with a 20-round mag but it was only sold to military and LEO buyers. (Ruger finally sold the Mini with a 20 round magazine to the Free State public in 2008.)

More recently, Cali and NY have also outlawed without grandfathering. I don't know what the status of any lawsuits might be in those states.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

I don't think that ARs were all that common. Colt's patents on the AR had just expired and other manufacturers were just beginning to build ARs.

Bill "No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun" Ruger was still around at the time.

The Mini-14 was available with a 20-round mag but it was only sold to military and LEO buyers. (Ruger finally sold the Mini with a 20 round magazine to the Free State public in 2008.)

More recently, Cali and NY have also outlawed without grandfathering. I don't know what the status of any lawsuits might be in those states.

I’m going to infer @GRIZ on this. I think he backs your knowledge up. Ive read it here in the past.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mossburger said:

As I understand it, there wasn't really much interest in AR and black rifle type guns in the late 80s early 90s and the Russian/Chinese stuff like AK/SKS sporters were pretty much new to the USA. Only shortly before  and at the start of the fed ban of 94 was there suddenly a huge interest in "black rifle" type guns (the irony) and then after the 04 sunset did a bazillion AR manufacturers come out of the woodwork with a million diffferent guns. Even CCW was not existent even in places like TX or FL until well into the 90s. The fed AWB may have been one of the best things to ever happen for gun rights on a a national level. People who had grandpa's old Sears .22 in the closet and never even been to a gun range with it, suddenly wanted an AR-15 and a concealed carry permit. 

52 minutes ago, Bob2222 said:

32 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’m going to infer @GRIZ on this. I think he backs your knowledge up. Ive read it here in the past.

mossburger and Bob2222 are pretty much spot on.  ARs started to be built by manufacturer other than Colt in the late 70s.  Colt's patent on it expired in 1977.  I bought my first Mini14 in the 70s. If you wanted a military style semiautomatic rifle with detachable magazines your choice was pretty much limited to a AR, Mini14, or M1 Carbine.  The Mini14 was about the same price as a Carbine and half the price of an AR.  HK91s and 93s were around but the price was very high for the time.

I remember when a friend bought an AR15 Spotter at Ray's Sport Shop in the 60s. The original location on the south side of Rte 22 before the fire.  There's few here who remember that.  It cost $175.  About the same as a new Python.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I remember when a friend bought an AR15 Spotter at Ray's Sport Shop in the 60s. The original location on the south side of Rte 22 before the fire.  There's few here who remember that.  It cost $175.  About the same as a new Python.

Man if I only has a time machine!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 9X19 said:

Me too, but guns would be my least concern. I'd own an island in the South Pacific (or Paul Allen's island in Puget sound) and no one would know I existed :-)

12 hours ago, 9X19 said:

To put that in perspective in the late 60s a new Corvette could be had for about $5000 and a good job paid about $10,000 a year.  That Python cost about a week's pay.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

To put that in perspective in the late 60s a new Corvette was could be had for about $5000 and a good job paid about $10,000 a year.  That Python cost about a week's pay.

Good point.

People forget that they'd need to bring lots of money with them in their time machines as the salary base was a LOT lower "back in the day'...

5 minutes ago, areacode201 said:

Yes but what is the actual potential sentence?  5 years?  20 years?  Life?

I've asked a similar serious question. Does anyone know of someone who actually got fined for a over cap mag? Having a 30 round AR mag or a 17 or 19 round Glock? I'm sure there are a bunch of them floating around the state.

Has anyone seen it happen, of is just a boogieman in the state?

Has anyone had their mags checked by a LEO when they've been at a range?

I have a friend who was caught with 30 round mags and a collapsible stock when the cops came to his house for arguing with his wife. The took the guns and mags. Released em to me. They didn’t charge him but told me to tell him they could have.

I won’t mention the town because it was a cool thing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charges aren't supposed to be filed for illegal possession of firearms seized pursuant to a DV Warrant. But I've been out of the game for years, so that may have changed.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1