Zeke

Moral dilemma #1

As many of you, I’m officially done with Dicks sporting goods. I only used them for clays and kayak and camping supplies.

I recently received $10 bucks in dicks cash. If I don’t use I feel like I just gave them 10 bucks. If I do use I’ll feel dirty.

What would you do?

10 minutes ago, Zeke said:

As many of you, I’m officially done with Dicks sporting goods. I only used them for clays and kayak and camping supplies.

I recently received $10 bucks in dicks cash. If I don’t use I feel like I just gave them 10 bucks. If I do use I’ll feel dirty.

What would you do?

so? are you done with them, or do you still buy from them?

16 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

I use to go there for fishing stuff all the time . now I got down to tackle direct  yes its a bit of a drive and a little pricey but I feel better about it .

Plenty of other places worthy of my consumer coin. I jus wanna donate 10 bucks to dicks

I’m not sure if they’ll refund a gift card sale in cash.

• Returned merchandise from DICK'S will be credited in the original form of payment. DICK'S eGift Cards eGift Cards are subject to the same terms and conditions as Gift Cards.

Instead, buy something with a low profit margin (like .223/5.56 ammo), sell the ammo, then donate the sale funds to the NRA or RKBA organization of your choice.

You’ll have contributed minimally to their profit, supported someone with an AR and supported the RKBA effort.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Still giving them 10 bucks..

They still have the 10 bucks, while you have a voucher for $10.00 worth of merch.  DSG is ahead of the game at this point.  Go buy something that pisses off a liberal and never go back again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shane45 said:

But not "spending" the money. The store will likely get no credit if ts not actually used. So dont forget to tear it in half.

Hmmn. Buy 1 box clays, and talk to management?

5 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

They still have the 10 bucks, while you have a voucher for $10.00 worth of merch.  DSG is ahead of the game at this point.  Go buy something that pisses off a liberal and never go back again.

Spend it on something stupid, by not spending it they are keeping your 10$. If you spend it, they are losing that 10$, sort of..
Using it (but not taking any money out of your pocket) is the far better option.
Optimally, i'd say return whatever earned you the 10$ in cash.. but... likely not an option.

I was searching for a photog's vest to use at the rally.  I waited too long to order one on line and the only local place that had what I needed was Dicks.  I walked in, got the vest, laughed at the irony of the NRA hats for sale there, paid for my vest then went to Trenton and took a shitload of pictures of American's doing the right thing.

4 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Spend it on something stupid, by not spending it they are keeping your 10$. If you spend it, they are losing that 10$, sort of..
Using it (but not taking any money out of your pocket) is the far better option.
Optimally, i'd say return whatever earned you the 10$ in cash.. but... likely not an option.

I dont think this is actually the way it works but I could be wrong. I think that money is not really a $10 profit. Its marketing money allocated to drawing you in to buy more and spend more. Think buy one Big Mac, get one free. Its calculated marketing. If you never buy, then its never a profit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shane45 said:

I dont think this is actually the way it works but I could be wrong. I think that money is not really a $10 profit. Its marketing money allocated to drawing you in to buy more and spend more. Think buy one Big Mac, get one free. Its calculated marketing. If you never buy, then its never a profit.

It's obviously intended to draw you in to purchase more; how many people walk into walmart and spend ONLY 10$? You walk in and suddenly you're buying enough junk food for a small village. At least that's how i roll.
BUT, if he walks in and ONLY spends that 10$ cash back, they are taking that money out of said allocated funds, rather than letting it expire and they just keep the 10$ (Realistically, its not 10$, its the cost of the goods you spent 10$ on; so if the 10$ in, say, ammo, cost them 5$, they are losing the 5$).
Nonetheless, its something. 

• Like 1