Zeke

Moral dilemma #1

1 hour ago, Shane45 said:

I think that money is not really a $10 profit.

It's a $10.00 voucher.  Dick's has the $10.00 in their pocket.  Zeke has a voucher, that if used for something that costs exactly $10.00, will not profit DSG at all.  It will cost DSG the $10.00 plus the cost to produce the voucher, pay the marketing team that developed the campaign, mail it and process it.  Net loss for DSG.

Now, if he goes in and buys something thats like $50.00, thinking using the voucher is the same as a 20% discount, then is feeling great because he got a good deal on something and decides to buy more....  Then DSG makes their profit in the kind of marketing scheme you just described. Net gain for DSG.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Get something you can donate to a worthy charity like Toys for Tots or something like that. 

Or go on a weekend and hand it to a little kid that's walking in the door

Go buy $10 in candy and drive around a neighborhood in your van trying to give it away to kids

• Like 2

Go in and buy $10 worth of liquid-soaked fish bait, deer urine, monkey vomit or energy drinks.

As you leave store, you accidentally spill said liquid, creating a mess for them to clean up.

Walk out.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dajonga said:

Go in and buy $10 worth of liquid-soaked fish bait, deer urine, monkey vomit or energy drinks.

As you leave store, you accidentally spill said liquid, creating a mess for them to clean up.

Walk out.

Creative!

21 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Go buy $10 in candy and drive around a neighborhood in your van trying to give it away to kids

Um, there is something not quite right with you...

23 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

But here is the rub. Its coded to him and it sends a clear message that he is still a customer. Its a marketing ploy so you can bet its tracked. If there is a major downturn in marketing, hopefully they are smart enough to connect the dots.

But what if I tell management, no mas correspondence. Delete me?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

I dont think this is actually the way it works but I could be wrong. I think that money is not really a $10 profit. Its marketing money allocated to drawing you in to buy more and spend more. Think buy one Big Mac, get one free. Its calculated marketing. If you never buy, then its never a profit.

It’s not coming out of my pocket if I’m $9.99 with tax

That's funny because I just had one arrive in the mail the other day. I just threw in the garbage because in the grand scheme of things a $10 isn't going to change my life. Plus on top of that I just mailed them my rewards card along a letter as to why I was mailing it back to them, so I don't think could have used it without it anyway.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zeke said:

As many of you, I’m officially done with Dicks sporting goods. I only used them for clays and kayak and camping supplies.

I recently received $10 bucks in dicks cash. If I don’t use I feel like I just gave them 10 bucks. If I do use I’ll feel dirty.

What would you do?

Mail it to David Hogg.

3 hours ago, dajonga said:

Walk out.

No. Don't bust some janitor's balls that's trying to make ends meet.  Not his fault.  

3 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

It's a $10.00 voucher.  Dick's has the $10.00 in their pocket.  Zeke has a voucher, that if used for something that costs exactly $10.00, will not profit DSG at all.  It will cost DSG the $10.00 plus the cost to produce the voucher, pay the marketing team that developed the campaign, mail it and process it.  Net loss for DSG.

If you buy something for 10.00 it didn't cost Dicks 10.00 to buy it.  It's called wholesale vs retail.

8 hours ago, Zeke said:

I recently received $10 bucks in dicks cash. If I don’t use I feel like I just gave them 10 bucks. If I do use I’ll feel dirty.

They bought inventory in hopes people will buy it.  If no one buys it then they're stuck with it.  Look at it this way, you won't be saving them 10.00 if you don't use it.  Instead they bought 5.00 of merchandise that isn't going to sell (at least to you).  They lose 5 bucks.

• Like 1

Is it $10 voucher that someone paid for, like a gift card? If so, use it. Why leave money in Dick's pocket? (That sounds kinda kinky.)

If it's just a loyalty-type voucher I'd rip it up and either toss it or hand it to a store manager with an explanation.

Don't overthink this, you'll hurt yourself! :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gunsrlegal said:

Is it $10 voucher that someone paid for, like a gift card? If so, use it. Why leave money in Dick's pocket? (That sounds kinda kinky.)

If it's just a loyalty-type voucher I'd rip it up and either toss it or hand it to a store manager with an explanation.

Don't overthink this, you'll hurt yourself! :D

Nope sis, it’s free money.

Free money, so no money out-of-pocket for anyone. Personally, I wouldn't use it. What can you get that you really want for $10 at Dick's? I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of knowing that you used it, those vouchers are tracked.

Write "void" on it and send it to Dick's CEO with a friendly note. Maybe include a picture from Saturday's rally!

Stand outside the store.  Offer to sell it for $5. Go buy a cheap six pack.  Or list it on Craigslist to have someone come to you at your leisure.

I would buy a gift card, but you'll prob gave to kick in some cash.  I don't think there are many $10 gift cards.

Can it be used for ammo? Buy a box of 9mm or a box of shells?