Indianajonze

Gun Control Imminent In...Vermont!?!

3 minutes ago, Indianajonze said:

Passed in the Senate today, 17 to 13. Now on to governor, who said he'll sign it.

Btw, the mags are grandfathered but can't be passed down, transferred or sold. No idea how that's supposed to work

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Have a source for the amendment that grandfathered? 

1 hour ago, Indianajonze said:

Passed in the Senate today, 17 to 13. Now on to governor, who said he'll sign it.

Btw, the mags are grandfathered but can't be passed down, transferred or sold. No idea how that's supposed to work

It cant....its unenforeceable

Btw if anyone happens to be in VT tomorrow, Magpul and recoil are giving away 1200 pmags in front of the statehouse starting at 2pm. Because fk you, that's why

http://www.recoilweb.com/free-pmags-to-be-given-away-in-vermont-to-oppose-gun-control-bill-136138.html

• Like 2

wsj summary of the debacle. apparently the previously pro-gun governor has "evolved" on gun control and was actually calling for these measures, with more coming...
https://www.wsj.com/articles/vermont-legislature-passes-gun-control-bill-1522439236

Let’s see if the Vermont gun owners can show up in force in November and send a clear message.

4 hours ago, Indianajonze said:

wsj summary of the debacle. apparently the previously pro-gun governor has "evolved" on gun control and was actually calling for these measures, with more coming...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vermont-legislature-passes-gun-control-bill-1522439236

I don't believe you can read this whole story without a subscription.

I don't believe you can read this whole story without a subscription.

Eh you're better off. It's disgusting

Here's another article about it. They basically rammed it through under cover of darkness without anywhere near the level of debate that was required. Because, you know, for the children

https://vtdigger.org/2018/03/30/updated-governor-sign-historic-gun-bill-passage-senate/

21 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

A la NY Safe act... VT 2A groups are going to tie this up in courts... just like ANJRPC is going to do here in NJ.  The turnout for the Magpul Air drop looked amazing.

I can’t wait for the NJ version. It will look like Berlin in late 1948. 

• Like 1

We don't need only 2,000 gun owners to show up and get free magazines, that won't do anything.

We need a coordinated, statewide handout of 15 rd mags to not just gun owners but anyone who supports the cause. Here, take this plastic thing today and be a felon tomorrow. See the ridiculousness?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

A la NY Safe act... VT 2A groups are going to tie this up in courts... just like ANJRPC is going to do here in NJ.  The turnout for the Magpul Air drop looked amazing.

Sadly, 5 years later, the NY SAFE Act remains untouched and intact. 

We don't need only 2,000 gun owners to show up and get free magazines, that won't do anything.
We need a coordinated, statewide handout of 15 rd mags to not just gun owners but anyone who supports the cause. Here, take this plastic thing today and be a felon tomorrow. See the ridiculousness?
Brilliant idea actually