CMJeepster

Hey, Shawn! Guess what was spotted in Ewing?

10 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2018/03/29/ewing-township-mountain-lion-bobcat-loose/

Looks like your friend travelled up my way.  Perhaps Purple Patrick, PizzaBob, Golf or I can get a picture for you.

Oh gawd... btw, Tyler ain’t nowhere near that area.

6 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Gotta go with fishnut on this.  I'm no wildlife expert, but that looks a lot like a bobcat to me.  

That in the northeastern subspecies of mountain lion has been extinct for years

Probability it’s a bob cat. They are probably in every county.
But lots of people claim they’ve seen mountain lions. I was having beers a few weeks back with the Gibbstown cop that saw one and he still swears it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how the power of suggestion can play with your head. I let the dog out (into our fenced yard) last night prior to turning in. The yard backs on woods and I always sweep the fence line with my led Mag lite as the dog goes down the stairs from the deck to the yard. Last night when I swept the fence, there was a pair of eyes looking back at me. Too small and close together for a deer. The dog went over to the fence but didn't go nuts and eventually came back in.

A great end to this story would be if I spotted the whatever cat, but no such luck. As I was reading in bed, the source of the eyes was made known to me when a fox started screeching. Maybe next time - we do have fisher cats in the area though.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

Funny how the power of suggestion can play with your head. I let the dog out (into our fenced yard) last night prior to turning in. The yard backs on woods and I always sweep the fence line with my led Mag lite as the dog goes down the stairs from the deck to the yard. Last night when I swept the fence, there was a pair of eyes looking back at me. Too small and close together for a deer. The dog went over to the fence but didn't go nuts and eventually came back in.

A great end to this story would be if I spotted the whatever cat, but no such luck. As I was reading in bed, the source of the eyes was made known to me when a fox started screeching. Maybe next time - we do have fisher cats in the area though.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

LMAO. So true. Years ago my wife and I were traveling around Colorado springs. The day before we were hiking and passed several warning signs that there were mountian lions in the area and what to do if you encountered them. The next day we were driving when all of the sudden my wife yelled that she saw a mountian lion laying in between some small pine trees on the side of the road. I have never seen one in the wild so I whipped the truck around and flew back to where she saw it. She was partially correct, she did see a large cat but it was a maine coon cat. Lol

9 minutes ago, fishnut said:

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2018/03/its_just_a_house_cat_dep_says_no_large_wild_cat_in.html

Obviously not a bobcat and unless it's a dwarf it's not a mountain lion either. 

Mini Mt lion? Lol

read that earlier. Jus a big kitty cat

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Mini Mt lion? Lol

read that earlier. Jus a big kitty cat

Probably another maine coon cat. I don't think my wife was in Ewing recently but I'll ask just to bust her chops. 

10 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yeah Bob.  Fischer cats.  Freaked me out.  If youve ever heard them. I grew up about 2 straight miles from bobs house when i was a kid.  Those things sound like a child was being dissembowld. Sp?   Look them up.  Its friggin cool.  Theyre out there but just as elusive as the jersey devil or bigfoot.