Scorpio64

National 2A Rally 4-14-18

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

@Smokin .50 jus because it’s perhaps not perfect... don’t sway people from attending.  Think about the the lead and iron heft your words have here.... truly.

we can defeat ourselves. Maybe talk to a mod or sumtin 

Already talked to Rosey last week at 2A4E.  I'm having big doubts as well as we haven't heard anything official yet.The facebook pages have 0 updates...  I do see one from yesterday saying "Oh there will be an update today".  But man... it's 3 days away.  We had so much more organization for our Monday March 26th event.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Already talked to Rosey last week at 2A4E.  I'm having big doubts as well as we haven't heard anything official yet.The facebook pages have 0 updates...  I do see one from yesterday saying "Oh there will be an update today".  But man... it's 3 days away.  We had so much more organization for our Monday March 26th event.

To be fair, this the difference between some group brainstorming an idea and saying, "Hey, let's do this around the whole country! Woo-hoo!!!" - and then completely underestimating what's involved in pulling that off smoothly (permits, advance notice/hold the date, A/V equipment, port-a-potties, etc., etc. - in FIFTY different state capitols) vs. a local NRA affiliate (ANJRPC) who's done this before in Trenton and intimately knows the requirements for that location. Soo... apples vs. oranges?

Mind you, I'm not criticizing the group that came up with the idea... but things like that need a lot of coordination to execute them smoothly. Sooo...I would say, if you're going...plan to chill-ax...and go simply with the goal of community-building and meeting like-minded people. Since the T-shirt debacle is never-ending... perhaps we need some kind of secret symbol to identify the NJGF members (does anyone remember "The Sting"?)  

paul_newman.jpg

LMAO!!

• Like 3

If only there was some kind of thing, made out of some kind of printable material, which could be put over one's body, to advertise one is a member of this forum.

I've got it!

We all need sandwich boards saying we are NJGF members!

Or we all need to print up shirts...

...with our own avatars (and name) on the front and back.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Malice4you said:

If only there was some kind of thing, made out of some kind of printable material, which could be put over one's body, to advertise one is a member of this forum.

I've got it!

In most crowds there's at least one wise-ass. But, here? Several hundred. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

In most crowds there's at least one wise-ass. But, here? Several hundred. :facepalm:

Was your mouse hovering over the ban button as you read my post, waiting for the "S" word? Gotta keep you on your toes, give you something to do between banning people for clothing related or non-Taylor Ham infractions. And to be fair, the desktop version does give warning right under my name of what I am.

And now I have to go watch the Sting again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

To be fair, this the difference between some group brainstorming an idea and saying, "Hey, let's do this around the whole country! Woo-hoo!!!" - and then completely underestimating what's involved in pulling that off smoothly (permits, advance notice/hold the date, A/V equipment, port-a-potties, etc., etc. - in FIFTY different state capitols)

Libtards get a tweet and they are out the door flocking to whatever cause du jour in the thousands within minutes.  They are not concerned with permits and are ready to block traffic with signs and banners, have bullhorns and portable PA systems yada yada...  They are the minutemen of the left.  Their strategy works.

Conservatives worry about permits, port-a-potties, who is going to speak, who's in charge, (pissing contests) and keeping everything orderly and peaceful.  Definitely not Minutemen. Our strategy has been less effective.

While I agree that the 4-14 rally was hastily planned by a wet behind the ears out of state group, we need to be more like minutemen.  Prepared to grab and go to the fight wherever it is when called upon.

As long as each NJ 2A org has a trustworthy "team leader" that can organize  their group, then we should be ready to go when called upon.  Pick a group to align  yourself with ( I chose NJCFO) and follow the program.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Libtards get a tweet and they are out the door flocking to whatever cause du jour in the thousands within minutes.  They are not concerned with permits and are ready to block traffic with signs and banners, have bullhorns and portable PA systems yada yada...  They are the minutemen of the left.  Their strategy works.

Conservatives worry about permits, port-a-potties, who is going to speak, who's in charge, (pissing contests) and keeping everything orderly and peaceful.  Definitely not Minutemen. Our strategy has been less effective.

While I agree that the 4-14 rally was hastily planned by a wet behind the ears out of state group, we need to be more like minutemen.  Prepared to grab and go to the fight wherever it is when called upon.

As long as each NJ 2A org has a trustworthy "team leader" that can organize  their group, then we should be ready to go when called upon.  Pick a group to align  yourself with ( I chose NJCFO) and follow the program.

Excellent point. Sometimes we just need to get out of our own way! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

That's cuz we have jobs and lives :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

That's cuz we have jobs and lives :)

In 1776, I'm pretty sure they had jobs and lives then too.  Were it not for them taking the day to do something important (NOT the same as taking a casual day or time off), our jobs and lives would be very different today.  We wouldn't be having this discussion because we'd have no 2A right to defend.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malice4you said:

I've got it!

Or we all need to print up shirts...

...with our own avatars (and name) on the front and back.

This! I vote for this!! :ninja: 

Signed, Anonymous

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, S&W39 said:

Hey Smokin I thought you had all the answers, another legend in his own mind.

Seriously? Wow. I hope I misunderstood that... and you 2 are actually friends?... and that was... a joke? If it wasn't, let me point out the obvious... CNJFO is not NJ's NRA affiliate... and this particular rally that Rosey's trying to gather info on isn't by the NRA either! I don't think Rosey was intending to sound cross with you. You, sir, need to take a deep breath and re-think your approach!  

As I see it, these are untold number of groups "gunning" for us right now (Bloomburg's groups, Giffords, Parkland teens and their handlers, most of the mainstream media, etc. etc.)  To counter that here in NJ, we have what probably amounts to a tiny fraction of the state's gun owners who really devote a LOT of personal time on 2A issues - whether it be training, recruiting, fundraising, etc. All of that is unpaid. Let's not spit on them. How's that?

That said, I do think your initial question, @S&W39 was an excellent one. I too wonder if there's any "nationwide" plan afoot by the NRA. Are you an NRA member? If you're not, I'll call this week and ask. I mean, what the heck? There's a toll-free number on my card.... I might as well use it. Of course, I'm not sure I'll actually be given any tangible info... that's usually not the way PR programs are rolled out. But, if I hear anything interesting, I can report back. Let me know if you're going to follow up yourself or, if not a member, if you'd prefer me to do so.

There is a Facebook post for the NJ event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1206908886109104/permalink/1223046751161984/

On that page a Neysa Eng has been replying or asking people to IM her for details.

It's literally LOL / cringe worthy that Mark Cheeseman asks "What is the status of this rally? Is there a list of speakers?" and a Timmy Nagster Nagy responds "Mark Chesseman".  I can literally picture Mark staring at his screen with a bewildered look on his face....

FYI - I sent an IM (instant messgae) to Neysa Eng on Facebook informing her that people from NJ 2A groups (Rosey) are interested in speaking with the organizers and also people plannine on attending are curious as to if appropriate permits have been obtained and who, if any, speakers will be.

Fingers crossed on a reply!? 

I see some others posted to the NJ Event Facebook page as well.  Hopefully they get back with some details.

• Like 2

Also, I saw a post earlier, on the "The National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans" Facebook page perhaps, where someone asked if there was a rally in their area / state capital and reply was essentially, "Not every state stepped up with representatives so if your state capital / location isn't on the list there isn't one planned."

I'm only guessing, but since NJ - Trenton is listed and there is an event page for NJ - Trenton on Facebook that someone planned it and has obtained the necessary permits, etc.  Fingers crossed!

We all want to make a good effort to rally for our 2A rights here in the PRNJ especially! The news media reported a few dozen supporters attended our last (well organized rally) in Trenton, when it was a few thousand!. I imagine a few hundred people showing up for this one with possibly no permit and poor planning hitting the front page of the media saying "RALLY PROVES NO 2A SUPPORT EXISTS IN NJ"!

A seemingly piss poor effort such as this could easily hurt our cause in the long run!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Neysa Eng told me to join the closed group NCCPA New Jersey... I joined... and still don't see any actual details.

Thanks for checking, @Krdshrk. Please keep us updated if you hear anything.

I can see both sides to going vs not going if more info isn't provided before Saturday. Getting out to Trenton, and being seen and heard are important to salvaging our 2A rights. However, having only a small number show with absolutely no organization can make for really poor optics. Let's face it, that will make the MSM (and the politicians) very happy. I saw Mark Cheeseman's FB attempt at getting information and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the responses.

@Scorpio64, I understand what you're saying about how the anti-2As seem to show-up with a simple tweet, but you know that it's really not what it seems and certainly not that simple. Those "impromptu rallies" are well orchestrated and people are bussed in to attend and speak. Let's not pretend that there aren't major players and major money behind those events---and I'm not talking about porta-potties. The MSM salivates at covering and supporting those rallies. 

This is the first I read that there may not be rallies in every state. In the end everyone has to do what he/she believes is right. I'm hoping to see evidence of some planning before Saturday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunsrlegal said:

@Scorpio64, I understand what you're saying about how the anti-2As seem to show-up with a simple tweet, but you know that it's really not what it seems and certainly not that simple. Those "impromptu rallies" are well orchestrated and people are bussed in to attend and speak. Let's not pretend that there aren't major players and major money behind those events---

What you miss is that those on the 'anti' side don't just 'show-up with a simple tweet'...many/most of the participants are *PAID* to show up!  Grassroots? They are the ultimate in astroturf!

• Like 1

Not to dissuade anyone, I did read some people say that in areas where no rally was planned at the State house that some people intended to gather in high visibility areas (highway overpasses, center of towns, etc) with signs and banners.

So even though areas that have no official rally, people are saying they still want to be seen and heard.  

• Like 1

Neysa responded:

We do have permits an 15 speakers.

Seamus is lead im his co

Also the rally is at the state capitol war memorial from 2 to 5 we have the speakers an toward the end we're marchin to the capitol which is optional but I'd love to get a yuge group pican if you have a group sign id also like to do individual groups for a photo album after the rally showing all the groups united

• Like 4