Scorpio64

National 2A Rally 4-14-18

Of course. And their 2a rights are probably pretty secure (or they think so).

But if those numbers are true, I don't know if yesterday was a help at all, or may have hurt our cause. If nationwide fewer than 10k showed up in their own states, that does send a message. It says we are unorganized and that we are a tiny percent who will do something for our rights.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

Of course. And their 2a rights are probably pretty secure (or they think so).

But if those numbers are true, I don't know if yesterday was a help at all, or may have hurt our cause. If nationwide fewer than 10k showed up in their own states, that does send a message. It says we are unorganized and that we are a tiny percent who will do something for our rights.

I think it says more for the organziation and the planning.  Not sure if this group has ever planned a Rally before but it seems it was rather hastily put together with little communication and what communication occured seems to have been dirtected to a rather narrow audience. 

Compare the audience yesterday, a beautiful Saturday afternoon, to the NRA Rally held a few weeks prior, on a cold Monday morning, and I think the importance of proper organization, good communication and having a much larger base is clearly evdient.  A couple hundred versus over 2,000.  

While a larger turnout would have been ideal as the 3% speaker said, "It is better to have a few hundred lions preparing for a fight than thousands of sheep."  As long as we keep opening the eyes and converting the sheep our numbers will grow.  And it is possible.  I used to be a sheep.  Mark Cheeseman, who I spoke with briefly after the rally, sounded like he used to be a sheep.  Mrs. Peel was probably a sheep not too long ago.  I'll take a few dozen Mark Cheesemans and Mrs Peels any day over sheep.  Because they will wake other people up, tear off peoples sheep clothing that have kept them asleep in bed for so long and make them lions.  Get them active.

Coud yesterdays rally have been better.  Sure.  But I'm still grateful it occured.  I'm appreciative of those who organized it.  Because I know some good came out of it.  Connections were made which will only strengthen our cause in the future.

• Like 2

Our state is small, one of the smallest.  Our capitol is basically in the middle of the state.  We have almost 1 million legal gun owners.  

So, doing all that math it would be a reasonable assumption that we should have lead the way.  

38 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I'll take a few dozen Mark Cheesemans and Mrs Peels any day over sheep.  

Please, though I appreciate the thought... that's so far off-base that I have to step in and correct that. Sheesh! I'm no where even close to the same category as people like Cheesman -- and Bach, Rosey, Colandro, Sandy/SAW, etc. --- and our finest Mod Krdshrk who was there yesterday representing CNJFO, despite not feeling well earlier in the day --- those are some of the people who ALWAYS show up and have spent countless hours fighting for this stuff. And some of you feisty individuals who always reliably give a "call to arms" - like yourself, Zeke, Scorpio64, RayRay, etc. --- too many to name!  I admire your pluck and give full credit where credit is due. And yes, though I have often been dismayed with Roubian's divisive ways and will continue to ding him pretty hard on that aspect of his personality, nonetheless, I also give him credit for hours invested in this cause, too. 

I will agree though, that in terms of attitude this is a "journey". For me personally, as I learned more of the facts, I could see my own attitude shift quite dramatically over time. How can you have a brain and not see the collusion happening here?

Wholesale misinformation is put out by the anti-gun side... and worse yet, it's accepted as "fact" by the media - with NO fact-checking. It's pretty appalling. At first I naively thought, "well, maybe they just don't KNOW the facts...? Maybe they haven't seen the crime studies?" Now, I know better... and I realize that they simply don't give a damn about the truth! It's difficult not to get astounded (and seriously ticked off) at the level of lying (and media complicity) going on in this current anti-gun campaign. 

• Like 3

@gleninjersey

I agree with you there. What I was saying is that to an outsider or politician, on the state or national level, it looks like we have tiny numbers who are willing to do something. Tiny numbers means they do not have to worry about us. Tiny numbers are not a threat to them.

Turning people needs to be a huge push. Every one of us needs to try to bring new shooters out to introduce them to shooting. Answer their questions honestly. Start them small (don't hand a newbie a 12ga or a .44mag for their first ever shot). Ask them about something they have a lot of knowledge about, then ask how well the media accurately covers that subject, and then explain how the media covers guns. Don't get too much into politics or subjects they might get defensive about and shut down. Make it a fun day. Take pictures for facebook for em. That grin we all got after our first shot-that is how you turn people.

We need numbers. There are 300+ million guns in this country. 295 million of em belong to bluelinefish, but that's beside the point. We need to show that we are not some small fringe group, but a large portion of the population, and that our ranks are growing.

If the hundreds of us who are active on this forum bring 1 newbie out, and 50 of those people get their FID, and 5 of those people become  serious about our rights, that is hundreds more educated people, bigger numbers for gun owners, and more fighters for our rights.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Nice meeting fellow patriots again. 

Shout out to @Old Glock guy.  Nice jeep Frank

@Malice4you, i see you photobombed it!

@Zeke farting in the crowd

@DirtyDigz, doug the slug

@DeerSlayer

Yes, I always enjoy putting faces to the names I see on these boards every day.

Ray Ray, good to finally meet you.  I'm a little afraid to ask how you knew about my Jeep.  Forgot to ask the one burning question I have , namely the origin and significance of your avatar.  Probably just another cultural reference that escapes me.

DeerSlayer, nice chatting with you.  It's been awhile.  Like many of the people from here, you seem like a really good guy.

KrdShrk, nice to see you again as well.  I enjoyed the aroma of your stogie.

gleninjersey, I admire your 2A activism!  Many of us are at some events, some are at many events, but you seem to be at everything!

DirtyDigz, saw you but didn't get a chance to say hello.  We've met at some event or other, I believe one that involved beer.

Malice4you, saw you too, but didn't get a chance to introduce myself.

Silence Dogood, were you the guy wearing the Yankee hat talking to M4y?

Zeke, nice to finally meet you.  You look so different from your screen persona, but then, that's probably true of most of us.

W2MC, didn't get to meet you.  Sorry.

Hope I'm not leaving anyone out.  Were the ladies there?

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Yes, I always enjoy putting faces to the names I see on these boards every day.

Ray Ray, good to finally meet you.  I'm a little afraid to ask how you knew about my Jeep.  Forgot to ask the one burning question I have , namely the origin and significance of your avatar.  Probably just another cultural reference that escapes me.

DeerSlayer, nice chatting with you.  It's been awhile.  Like many of the people from here, you seem like a really good guy.

KrdShrk, nice to see you again as well.  I enjoyed the aroma of your stogie.

gleninjersey, I admire your 2A activism!  Many of us are at some events, some are at many events, but you seem to be at everything!

DirtyDigz, saw you but didn't get a chance to say hello.  We've met at some event or other, I believe one that involved beer.

Malice4you, saw you too, but didn't get a chance to introduce myself.

Silence Dogood, were you the guy wearing the Yankee hat talking to M4y?

Zeke, nice to finally meet you.  You look so different from your screen persona, but then, that's probably true of most of us.

W2MC, didn't get to meet you.  Sorry.

Hope I'm not leaving anyone out.  Were the ladies there?

That's me, dead center with the 'Murphy's Law' sign.  In fact, I brought 22 signs.

414rally36.jpg

33 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

That's me, dead center with the 'Murphy's Law' sign.  In fact, I brought 22 signs.

414rally36.jpg

@DeerSlayer in the back, yellow shirt

@Zeke arms crossed, lookin mean

@DirtyDigz under the American flag far right

Me, lookin HOT

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

Gray 4 door.  Lookin clean!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Wong_Foo,_Thanks_for_Everything!_Julie_Newmar

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

@DeerSlayer in the back, yellow shirt

@Zeke arms crossed, lookin mean

@DirtyDigz under the American flag far right

@DirtyDigz in the blue 2A shirt with the white sign

@gleninjersey in the brown shirt to the right of @Zeke

414rally16.jpg

From Left to Right:  @W2MC, Me, @Ray Ray, @AlexTheSane (Blue shirt and beard)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

@DirtyDigz in the blue 2A shirt with the white sign

@gleninjersey in the brown shirt to the right of @Zeke

414rally16.jpg

From Left to Right:  @W2MC, Me, @Ray Ray, @AlexTheSane (Blue shirt and beard)

Why did you not incorporate us. Other then the smelly piece of tree bark you were smoking 

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

I just finished a story for the CNJFO Facebook page.  It highlights our volunteers & members that responded to the klaxon and gives our rank & file membership news on FOUR simultaneous 2A events that were held yesterday:

COALITION WEEKEND UPDATE STORY IN PICTURES!
CNJFO IS NJ's BUSIEST SECOND AMENDMENT GROUP!
by Black Wire Media Sunday April 15, 2018 www.cnjfo.com

Yesterday tasked the Coalition and its' volunteers as three different venues where 2A news was breaking were covered simultaneously by members of our Executive Committee and a fourth was attended by multiple members that answered a plea for mutual aid help from the Hudson Valley Friends of NRA Dinner held at the Pearl River Hilton in Rockland Co., NY!

Shows & Community Outreach Committee Chair William Korman attended the Brian Aitken Pardoning Party at RTSP Range with sponsor & member Dan Ingram. Committee members Alex Gubenko & Nick Wong were assisted by member Jon MacMillan & others at the NCCPA-NJ 2A Rally at the Trenton War Memorial & march to the State House.

Scott Bach, Executive Director of the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs (ANJRPC) attended the Summit to represent the best interests of New Jersey's one million gun owners. Bach was joined by CNJFO Vice President David Rosenthal & wife Lori, and together with CNJFO Program Facilitator Nora Craig, the four participated in the first-ever NJGOP Leadership Summit, held at Harrah's Hotel in Atlantic City, NJ. Making sure to thank all of our pro-2nd Amendment State Senators & Assemblypersons for their continued steadfast support even when faced with overwhelming pressure from Gov. Murphy, Bach, Craig and the Rosenthal's spoke with dozens of the NJ Legislature including Assemblywoman Serena DiMaso, a member of the Law & Public Safety Committee. Mrs. DiMaso was a featured panelist on a "Women in Government" panel held during the day-long event. Cocktails and Dinner ensured even more 2nd Amendment work getting done, with Nora Craig calling on Senator Tom Kean for an organizational meeting to fight bad gun laws about to be signed.

Coalition members Linda Doering, John Liguori and several others were joined by Gun For Hire Woodland Park Range owner Anthony Colandro and The 2nd is for Everyone's Tony Simon at the Hudson Valley Friends of NRA Dinner held in Pearl River, NY, just over the Jersey border in Rockland County. 500 attendees weren't scared away from a planned Anti-Gun Protest, and 200 additional Patriots were turned-away due to room size & fire code restrictions! Jersey 2A "was in-the-house" with several tables of Patriots!

The Coalition is growing, and our volunteers are the driving force behind it. We are truly proud of all of you! If you'd like to become a member (don't have to LIVE here), we'd love to have you! Please visit: www.cnjfo.com/join-us or consider making a tax-deductible gift. Thanks from all of us!

Image may contain: 3 people, outdoor
No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing Nick, I can't get the last two pix to print for me, so can you help with an edit?  Simon & Ligouri and Colandro in the street by the protesters.  Thanks!
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Silence Dogood said:

414rally36.jpg

OK, definitely saw you.  And that's me standing almost directly behind you, with the black shirt and black hat.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

OK, definitely saw you.  And that's me standing almost directly behind you, with the black shirt and black hat.  

Sorry to have missed talking to you.  That one picture has at least 7 members that I am aware of in it. 

On 4/11/2018 at 4:57 PM, Scorpio64 said:

In 1776, I'm pretty sure they had jobs and lives then too.  Were it not for them taking the day to do something important (NOT the same as taking a casual day or time off), our jobs and lives would be very different today.  We wouldn't be having this discussion because we'd have no 2A right to defend.

Well in 1776 when the minutemen were called there was a literal army on the march towards them to destroy them and their homes and businesses so that lends speed to your feet. In NJ and other areas in 2018 we have a slow moving lava flow of legislators and leftists who want to disarm us but not necessarily kill us in the literal sense. Less imperative to a lot of people and in my opinion much tougher to stop then an army. 

The left sees everything as an existential threat so they can mobilize quickly and a lot are youths who want to belong to something. I’ve found many gun owners are solitary but sociable and just want to be left alone and they are tought not to fire unless you are sure of your target so they wait and are slow to react. The left couldn’t care less about what target they hit, there are no innocents except who they say are innocents so they constantly attack. 

-Jim

• Like 1

Mrs Peel, don't sell yourself short.  If your not a lion, you are certainly a sheepdog.  Trying to alert the flock to danger.  Making them aware of the threats surrounding them.  Making them see that it's not just criminals / wolves they need to be wary of but of wolves in sheep's clothing (politicians) who in reality pose a BIGGER threat to daily life than the true wolves.

I'm fairly certain you are probably aware of the sheepdog analogy / story as it relates to firearms owners or patriots.  If not, look it up.  I'm sure you would enjoy it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gun-rights-activists-rally-state-slideshow-wp-212646938/photo-p-people-participate-gun-rights-photo-212646775.html

found at least one article...

Sorry I couldn’t make it guys. I think the organizers of this rally should have engaged all the local NRA affiliates to get a larger turnout but I suspect if they did that, they’d still be arguing on what day to have it...

-Jim

• Like 1

On 4/14/2018 at 9:00 PM, DirtyDigz said:

W2MC, Zeke and Malice - Good to meet you for the first time.

Nick and Raymond - good to see you again.

Anyone know anything about the NJ Light Foot brigade?  Have never heard of that organization before today.

http://njlightfootmilitia.com/militia-today

If you’re not on some kind of list yet, that should do it!   :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silence Dogood said:

http://njlightfootmilitia.com/militia-today

If you’re not on some kind of list yet, that should do it!   :)

You would be surprised what lists we have been put on.  And what departments check THIS forum.

• Like 1

You would be surprised what lists we have been put on.  And what departments check THIS forum.
I was quoted once by the then NJSP FIU Head from something I wrote on NJGF.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1