I'm curious what my fellow 2A supporters carry for multi-tools.  Currently, the Skeletool is my off work EDC tool.  And the Leatherman Surge is my EDC while at work.  

14 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I'm curious what my fellow 2A supporters carry for multi-tools.  Currently, the Skeletool is my off work EDC tool.  And the Leatherman Surge is my EDC while at work.  

Why the Skeletool instead of another Surge?

Leatherman Wave (first generation with individual screwdrivers, not the bit type) has been on my belt for 15+? years. Prior to that, I had a Leatherman SuperTool 200, which was lost or stolen.

In addition, I typically carry two Spydercos, usually one serrated edge and one plain edge. I have a pool of about 30 to pick from.

If I were getting another multitool, Leatherman Charge TTi would likely be my first choice. I dunno that I like what the current Wave version is like.

• Like 1

I've had the same sog s31n paratool for over 20 years. Can't kill it but I don't EDC it either. I've never had the need to EDC a multi tool as  Oalmost always have a real set of tools near by. 

Notice [mention=5228]Purple Patrick[/mention] hasn't commented yet, because he doesn't have one.  
I have a sog powertool, not sure on the model. I know you aren't a huge fan but I use it around the house frequently

I have used someone's leatherman at work to great success

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Purple Patrick said:

I have a sog powertool, not sure on the model. I know you aren't a huge fan but I use it around the house frequently

I have used someone's leatherman at work to great success

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sog's are junk, and a multi tool at home doesn't  count.  You no longer have access to said leatherman.

• Like 1

NEW Coleman Pro-Lock Multi-tool Stainless Steel 16 functions with carry case | eBay

Carried it every day for the last 20+ years when I worked for a living.. Non better. All other multitools I tried fell short in actual use. Great to do one thing at a time, but if you need to use the screwdriver and hold the nut cause its spinning, You have to go back to the truck get a pair of pliers.

1 hour ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

I’ve had a buck tool for like 15+ years

Buck makes a tool other than a knife?

In the real world, most multi-tools fall short.  Leatherman's though seem to at least give you something to use.  Sog, Gerber and others just don't have the balls to do it.  I have tried them all, none last except Leatherman. I still have my Leatherman Wave from my time in the Coast Guard.  Still works, still does the job.

I like Leatherman's. Skeletool for EDC.  It is light and has all I need but it isn't my FAV. design.  Wave or Rebar when venturing in the Woods for a hike.  Keep Wingman's in vehicles.   Have a Supertool packed away with camping stuff.   Have a Squirt? too.  Gave my wife a Gerber.  

• Agree 1