Might be the best solution for impending doom

https://loadoutroom.com/45495/bolt-blocker/

Pretty unique & simple solution for those of us who don't want to neuter our "Assault Weapons". Additionally you might be able to make an AR pistol build with one of these. Credit from @RTSP 's facebook page for sharing this. Might be able to legally purchase an un-neutered AR from an FFL if you have this attached immediately, rather than pinning your stock or putting on a muzzle brake. Also pretty easy to change the action back to semi if you want to shoot in a free state.

Would like to know if we could buy a pistol lower or an AR pistol in general if we have this installed.

It’s not but it’s not exactly a quick swap unless you plan to carry a the tools with you everywhere to swap it out.

I looked at this too. I think they (NJSP) would deem it not permanent and could be converted back too easy. Even the pull back bolt mod isn't permanent. If the upper is pinned to the lower, it can still be undone. Only mod I see they may ok would be a low round count mag epoxied in the lower. Maybe not even that. They really hate the black guns you know. I read that Australia made a purpose built bolt action AR look-a-like illegal simply because it looked dangerous.   

4 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

It’s not but it’s not exactly a quick swap unless you plan to carry a the tools with you everywhere to swap it out.

I assembled an AR Lower with nothing but a multi-tool. 

39 minutes ago, sota said:

I have a free solution...

I will not comply.

I, like a lot of others, feel that same way. If you just put it (them) away someplace safe till you can leave this hell hole or something changes here (pipe dream) that might work. But I fear that if you want to ever shoot one again in this state you have to have a plan B.

This lever is apparently 50 state compliant and used in california. It’s a better option than to say putting that ugly thorsten stock on your rifle or any of the other awful variants you see in CA that don’t change anything about the rifle’s action.

This switch actually does do something and it keeps your rifle looking like a normal rifle. I would get a stripped pistol lower, put this on and shoot it like that in NJ, and change it out for shooting in PA or any other free state.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/ma-lock

I think this is a more "permanent" solution to build a NJ legal AR pistol or if you choose to comply with the new laws that are coming down the pipe. I know with the proper tools and skills nothing is permanent but it can't be removed with a tool you can carry in your pocket. 

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

I'm guessing no because its not permanent. 

Where does the law saw anything about "permanent" when defining the action of a firearm?  If the device works as advertised, then it is not a semiautomatic firearm.  Without automatically loading a round into the chamber the firearm would be a manually operated firearm.

• Like 1

I have a free solution...
I will not comply.

I 100% agree with this. Which is why I shoot in Pennsylvania and don’t plan on changing that any time soon

1 hour ago, JC_68Westy said:

Where does the law saw anything about "permanent" when defining the action of a firearm?  If the device works as advertised, then it is not a semiautomatic firearm.  Without automatically loading a round into the chamber the firearm would be a manually operated firearm.

I don't know. That's why I said I was guessing. I figured that if a person has that device installed and possesses the parts to.make it a semi auto that would fall under constructive intent. 

Like I said though it's just my guess nothing more. 

3 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

I, like a lot of others, feel that same way. If you just put it (them) away someplace safe till you can leave this hell hole or something changes here (pipe dream) that might work. But I fear that if you want to ever shoot one again in this state you have to have a plan B.

What if Plan B is to buy some rural, private land out in the Pine Barrens and set up your own range, instead of going to a commercial range?

Anybody want to go in on that plan?

12 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

What if Plan B is to buy some rural, private land out in the Pine Barrens and set up your own range, instead of going to a commercial range?

Anybody want to go in on that plan?

I would be interested in buying land and setting up a private range in PA. 

13 minutes ago, TokenEntry said:

An even cheaper alternative would be to remove the gas tube on a DI AR. One problem I see with this is the blow back of carbon going through the channel into the handguard area.

Regards,

TokenEntry

Turn the gas block upside down.