fishnut

What's with everyone selling their 15 round mags

I'm shocked to see many "Patriots" on this forum and a few other nj gun related forums selling off their 15 round mags before they are even illegal. All of you should take a lesson from the real patroits in states like Colorado and New York where very few people comply. 

• Like 8

Colorado grandfathered the ownership of over 15 round magazines that were possessed prior to the bill.  So people in Colorado keeping theirs were not breaking any law.

In New York, an over-10 round magazine is a misdemeanor, and there are provisions that get you out of trouble under certain circumstances if you can convince them you didn't know the law changed.

In New Jersey, an overcapacity magazine is a full blown felony, period.

If you are going to be keeping the ones you have, the smart advice is to not post it on a public forum.

• Like 7

I'm shocked to see many "Patriots" on this forum and a few other nj gun related forums selling off their 15 round mags before they are even illegal. All of you should take a lesson from the real patroits in states like Colorado and New York where very few people comply. 

When would you sell them? After they are illegal? Who would by them?

I got a bunch too but I’m getting out of NJ hopefully real soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kman said:

Colorado grandfathered the ownership of over 15 round magazines that were possessed prior to the bill.  So people in Colorado keeping theirs were not breaking any law.

In New York, an over-10 round magazine is a misdemeanor, and there are provisions that get you out of trouble under certain circumstances if you can convince them you didn't know the law changed.

In New Jersey, an overcapacity magazine is a full blown felony, period.

If you are going to be keeping the ones you have, the smart advice is to not post it on a public forum.

In Colorado 15 round mag law only applies in the city of Denver, and even there it's not strictly enforced because it's as simple as going right outside the city to an FFL and buying standard cap mags.

1 hour ago, bhunted said:

When would you sell them? After they are illegal? Who would by them?

I got a bunch too but I’m getting out of NJ hopefully real soon.

I wouldn't, but I'm moving to a free state so I don't have to worry about it. 

2 hours ago, fishnut said:

I'm not - I'm buying more...

• Like 2

Cause 30 rounders are better

I'm shocked to see many "Patriots" on this forum selling off their 15 round mags before they are even illegal. 

I missed you in Trenton last week, sorry.  Maybe next time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

If a 15 rounder is a felony, and a 30 rounder is a felony, might as well but 60 rounders? :dontknow:

• Like 4

I'm shocked to see many "Patriots" on this forum and a few other nj gun related forums selling off their 15 round mags before they are even illegal. 

I'm wondering the same thing. The Senate hasn't passed it yet and Murphy hasn't signed it yet (although, he probably will). After it's signed into law, there is a 180 day (6 month) compliance window. Even if Murphy signs it in a week or two, that compliance takes us into October, so you guys have all Summer to use your 15 round mags.

If, by chance, there is some legal intervention by a 2A group, that compliance window could be put on hold. Aren't you guys NRA members??

"Stand and Fight".

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I'll be there, I could not take off work last time. You going to be selling the rest of your 15 round mags there if you don't sell them on here? 

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

I'll be there, I could not take off work last time. You going to be selling the rest of your 15 round mags there if you don't sell them on here? 

Yes, 100%

And bring your jeep

4 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Yes, 100%

And bring your jeep

Not bringing the jeep. I worked at a school for kids who got kicked out of Trenton public schools and the majority of them are gang members. They all know my jeep. I do not want to run into any of them without them going through a metal detector first. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

Why not 100 round drums.  If they are going to get stupid, go for gold.

Aren’t those jam o matics?

20 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

Cabelas in Delaware was cleaned out

Lol! I’m sure for the foreseeable future DE and PA stores are going to have a hard time keeping inventory.

45 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

If a 15 rounder is a felony, and a 30 rounder is a felony, might as well buy 60 rounders? :dontknow:

There might be some logic to that. It's not like you get charged by the number of rounds you are over the legal limit, so why not go all-in? :)

• Like 1

Lol! I’m sure for the foreseeable future DE and PA stores are going to have a hard time keeping inventory.

DE gets hit up on both sides from Jersey and Maryland. MD’s law is dumb, can’t buy more than 10 rounders in state but you can use higher cap mags if you buy elsewhere. Everyone in MD lives within an hour of a free state. Depends where you go in PA, I know most shops in Easton area won’t sell to Jersey people.

Really? They ask for ID when you buy a magazine?

Some places, I think with Easton being right on the border they are covering their ass. SARCO in particular.