fishnut

What's with everyone selling their 15 round mags

4 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Some places, I think with Easton being right on the border they are covering their ass. SARCO in particular.

Well that's news to me. Another one to add to the not getting any money from me list. 

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I have heard Tanners prices and customer service is pretty good.... jus what I’ve heard though 

My wife hates that place. Last time I stopped by for some ammo and came home with the ammo I went there for as well as another gun and ammo for it. Good thing I have a comfortable couch

• Like 4

Well that's news to me. Another one to add to the not getting any money from me list. 

Heritage Guild actually doesn’t check for that stuff, but they don’t sell Magpul so I have no desire to buy mags from them.

SARCO has had some legality history from when they were in Stirling as someone else pointed out, so I imagine that’s why. They have a sign in front of all their magazines saying they cannot sell them to New Jersey residents.

3 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Heritage Guild actually doesn’t check for that stuff, but they don’t sell Magpul so I have no desire to buy mags from them.

SARCO has had some legality history from when they were in Stirling as someone else pointed out, so I imagine that’s why. They have a sign in front of all their magazines saying they cannot sell them to New Jersey residents.

Heratage guild used to have the same signs not long after they opened. I have not been there in a few years though. 

They have signs about certain firearms not being Jersey Legal, but that’s it. Unless you’re buying a firearm, you’re checking out at their front desk where it’s a clueless cashier working.

As a service to NJGF members, I am offering a program which will allow you to comply with certain currently non-existent laws.

I will take your 11-15 round magazines off your hands so you don't have to worry about compliance. For this service, I will have to charge you a small fee of $1 per magazine, or $20 flat fee if you would like to dispose of a large box of 11-15 round magazines. I will also accept firearms, again for a small fee from you of $25 per item (and COEs filled out).  If I must travel over 25 miles to pick up your item, additional fees may also apply.  I may opt to not charge any extra fees for certain collections on a case by case basis. Rate may vary if certain legislation passes.

Please take advantage of my offer early and often, as the peace of mind of being compliant with laws that aren't even laws yet is priceless!

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Malice4you said:

As a service to NJGF members, I am offering a program which will allow you to comply with certain currently non-existent laws.

I will take your 11-15 round magazines off your hands so you don't have to worry about compliance. For this service, I will have to charge you a small fee of $1 per magazine, or $20 flat fee if you would like to dispose of a large box of 11-15 round magazines. I will also accept firearms, again for a small fee from you of $25 per item (and COEs filled out).  If I must travel over 25 miles to pick up your item, additional fees may also apply.  I may opt to not charge any extra fees for certain collections on a case by case basis. Rate may vary if certain legislation passes.

Please take advantage of my offer early and often, as the peace of mind of being compliant with laws that aren't even laws yet is priceless!

That’s rilly nice of you!

1 hour ago, Malice4you said:

Yup only in new jerkey

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeke said:

I have heard Tanners prices and customer service is pretty good.... jus what I’ve heard though 

There prices are very low.  I think they have so many customer and sell so much stuff, that they purchase in bulk and can pass the savings to us (like Costco).

• Like 1

Some places, I think with Easton being right on the border they are covering their ass. SARCO in particular.

Since when do they ask for ID for mags or ammo at SARCO?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There prices are very low.  I think they have so many customer and sell so much stuff, that they purchase in bulk and can pass the savings to us (like Costco).

Tanner's is excellent. Nice selection of Milsurps. I usually do transfers at Clayton's because it is closer and cheeper, but if I am shopping I will go to Tanner's. Employees are much more pleasant at Tanners. Though Clayton's has an indoor range you can test anything you are buying from someone at.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Malice4you said:

Can you sell a firearm that will basically be noncompliant for someone?

1 hour ago, Chris1 said:

Can you sell a firearm that will basically be noncompliant for someone?

My "offer" was to take currently legal guns (and mags) off of owner's hands and have owners pay me for the privilege. If/when the newest NJ AWB passes, we are all screwed, but until then, our (NJ compliant) ARs and other future "assault weapons" are still legal today. Not that I was actually serious, but had I actally obtained anything, I likely would have kept any firearms obtained for myself and stored them out of state if/when the AWB passed.

It was foolproof! If only anyone had taken me up on it.

And for reference, no, I am not an FFL, and I cannot handle, accept, buy, or sell non-compliant firearms.

23 hours ago, fishnut said:

I'm shocked to see many "Patriots" on this forum and a few other nj gun related forums selling off their 15 round mags before they are even illegal. All of you should take a lesson from the real patroits in states like Colorado and New York where very few people comply. 

What magazines......  ?

Who needs a 15round magazine anyway - why for that fully semi automatic rifle or pistol?

9 hours ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

Tanners sells guns for under wholesale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would any store sell guns for less they paid for them? As Hickok45 always says “they must be from Kentucky”

• Like 1

Why would any store sell guns for less they paid for them? As Hickok45 always says “they must be from Kentucky”

What he meant was under standard wholesale. Meaning they get a better price than most and can sell for less than what smaller dealers pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Lol ...he should have just said right above wholesale. Still makes no sense to sell a gun a few percentage points above cost and be able to keep the lights on, unless you have almost no overhead.

I'm not envisioning any market for 15 round magazines, except perhaps in Colorado.

I believe one's options are these:

1.Hang onto them and hope to not get caught.  This is pretty risky, as every firearms crime in NJ is a felony, so even if you could plea bargain to avoid jail time, you would lose the right to own guns in all 50 states.  

2. Store them out of state in a place like Gunsitters.  

3. Put them in a box or bag and give them to a friend who has a place out of NJ.  Since they are not guns, I believe this would be legally OK, but perhaps some of our lawyers could weigh in on this. 

4. Get a place in a free state and keep them there.  (I'm leaning toward this one, but have not ruled out #'s 2 and 3.)

• Like 1