fishnut

What's with everyone selling their 15 round mags

5 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

No need to ask anyone anything.   I have been on the front lines of this fight since I knew there was a fight.  

If you haven't figured it out yet, lemme spell it out for ya

IF MY 15s IS GONNA BE ILLEGAL, THEN SO WILL 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s, 100s!

WHY OWN 15s!?!

Have fun in your new state, and keep your nuts tucked under nice and tight as you run away telling others they ain't "patriots".

@capt14k, this is what I deal with. 

Then why own 15s in the first place?

• Like 1

Have you ever been to a PA or De cabelas or bass pro or gun Show? 

Nope, yes, but many many moons ago, nope.
[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Mr.Stu said:

Look up Keith Pantaleon. He won in the end, bit his life was turned upside down in the process.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for an answer to my question. From what I've read, there has been less than a handful that have been accused with "high cap mags". Now, out of how many gun owners in the state, over how many years, how many go shooting at the ranges over the state every week? I would guess there are quite a few "high cap" mags that go to those ranges.

No one else could come up with another example. So, with hundreds of thousands of shooters, only a few have been busted. Sounds like we'd have better luck getting hit by lightning.

My feeling is, it's to early to panic. Worse case scenario, we can use our 15 rounders all Summer until we have to comply by the Fall. Possibly longer if the Senate drags it's feet or some legal pushback slows the implementation of the law.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bhunted said:

Nope, yes, but many many moons ago, nope.
emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been in a while either but last I was at Hamburg cabelas they had a whole bin full of pmags and hexmags.  Although someone here did say that  cabelas or bass pro De was cleaned out recently. Still I don't think they are hard to find in free states. 

Cabela’s DE gets wiped clean because of Maryland. You can own 30 round mags in MD, you just can’t buy them there. Stupid law because no matter where you live in MD you are within an hour drive of PA, DE, VA & WV where you can buy them. 2nd time i told you this fishy.

9 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

No need to ask anyone anything.   I have been on the front lines of this fight since I knew there was a fight.  

If you haven't figured it out yet, lemme spell it out for ya

IF MY 15s IS GONNA BE ILLEGAL, THEN SO WILL 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s, 100s!

WHY OWN 15s!?!

Have fun in your new state, and keep your nuts tucked under nice and tight as you run away telling others they ain't "patriots".

@capt14k, this is what I deal with. 

Let me give you some advice......

Your going to jam yourself up.

*when* and *if* - for some God awful reason, saying someone dropping a dime on you - a warrant is pulled for the names contact info of users of this forum.....  it will be given up easily.

Then when the they look at your post above, they will have a basis for a search warrant for specific items at you place of residence.

Do you really want that?

Swinging ones junk around trying to impress, sometimes ends with it on a block with a dull knife ready to cut it off.....  just sayin....

Resist - but be smart.

Let me give you some advice......
Your going to jam yourself up.
*when* and *if* - for some God awful reason, saying someone dropping a dime on you - a warrant is pulled for the names contact info of users of this forum.....  it will be given up easily.
Then when the they look at your post above, they will have a basis for a search warrant for specific items at you place of residence.

Not that anyone should be bragging about it in text if possess them or not, but do you REALLY think that police are going to be actively looking for people with 11+ round magazines? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unless we have snitches in here (you know who you are)

34 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Agreed

:drinks:

23 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

Not that anyone should be bragging about it in text if possess them or not, but do you REALLY think that police are going to be actively looking for people with 11+ round magazines? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Assuming that you don't,  is foolish. 

Opsec right? @JR88USMC

12 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

You underestimate the capacity for a state with unlimited funds (when compared to us, citizens) to be petty, vindicative, driven to make a point and an example out of one us. 

No, they won't be knocking on doors just looking for mags. But in the course of any interaction with the police, and once your FIPD is connected to your driver's license--don't doubt that's coming soon enough, for the officer's safety, you know--the question about 10+ mags will come up.

And then what? Regardless, tape it and post it on youtube for our edification.

I can't comprehend the difficulty of  grown men having in keeping the forking mouth shut.

• Like 2

So wait, lemme get this straight.   Having 15 rounders, which will probably be illegal is okay, but owning 30 rounders will get the cops knocking on your door?

40 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

We eat our own

• Like 1

You underestimate the capacity for a state with unlimited funds (when compared to us, citizens) to be petty, vindicative, driven to make a point and an example out of one us. 
No, they won't be knocking on doors just looking for mags. But in the course of any interaction with the police, and once your FIPD is connected to your driver's license--don't doubt that's coming soon enough, for the officer's safety, you know--the question about 10+ mags will come up.
And then what? Regardless, tape it and post it on youtube for our edification.
I can't comprehend the difficulty of  grown men having in keeping the forking mouth shut.

You over estimate what police have to do on a day to day basis. Simple solution: loose lips sink ships
would be nice to out them, if you're serious about that.

Only at Range 14 ;)

S.gif

S.gif
S.gif
c75c26c6-7c8e-45bd-acac-675f4e6d5007.jpg
S.gif
S.gif

MID-BATTLE UPDATE: 
HOLD ONTO YOUR MAGAZINES!

Nothing Has Been Signed Into Law Yet

Recent Amendment Would Allow
Retention of Blocked Magazines
April 4 - ANJRPC has received reports of gun owners abandoning their (currently still legal) 15-round magazines at gun stores and other venues, under the mistaken belief that their property has been banned under A2761 - legislation that would prohibit magazines that hold over 10 rounds of ammunition.

But the bill has not been signed into law yet - it has only passed in one house of the legislature. In order to become a law, a bill has to pass through BOTH houses of the legislature after being heard in committee, and then be signed by the governor. So far, A2761 has only moved through the Assembly. No hearings in the Senate have yet been scheduled, and ANJRPC sources in Trenton say that Senate action may not occur until much later this spring.

Also, a significant amendment to the bill was added at an Assembly Appropriations committee hearing on March 22 after ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach harshly criticized the measure during testimony and warned lawmakers that it would stimulate waves of litigation. The amendment would extend the current practice of exempting large capacity magazines that have been modified to accept ammunition up to the statutory limit. Prior to the amendment, the legislation would have forced gun owners to either destroy, surrender, or sell their magazines. While the amendment in no way makes A2761 acceptable (it should still be vigorously opposed), it does slightly mitigate the impact of the legislation on gun owners.

Additionally, the bill itself would create a 6-month "amnesty" period from the time it becomes effective, during which time gun owners could "retain possession" without penalty.

Finally, court challenges being planned for the legislation also have the potential to delay or interfere with the implementation of the legislation, should it be signed into law.

Bottom line: hold onto your magazines!

"Also, a significant amendment to the bill was added at an Assembly Appropriations committee hearing on March 22 after ANJRPC Executive Director Scott Bach harshly criticized the measure during testimony and warned lawmakers that it would stimulate waves of litigation. The amendment would extend the current practice of exempting large capacity magazines that have been modified to accept ammunition up to the statutory limit. Prior to the amendment, the legislation would have forced gun owners to either destroy, surrender, or sell their magazines. While the amendment in no way makes A2761 acceptable (it should still be vigorously opposed), it does slightly mitigate the impact of the legislation on gun owners."

Paraphrasing PK90 but just with a little more whooomp how in god's name does one go about permanently modifying a magazine to accept only 10rds when the same magazine was previously permanently restricted to 15 rds?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@fishnut In defense of others and to answer your original question. It is quite possible that people may be dumping restricted mags to fund standard capacity mags. Although it would be extremely stupid to state that on the intronets..

By that logic, people should be selling off their AR15s and buying up THESE 1870919_01__ny_compliant_ny_legal_ar_15_

• Like 2