fishnut

What's with everyone selling their 15 round mags

6 minutes ago, Charles A Snyder said:

The ban is happening...can't stop it. But hey, catch a felony and fight the man. I make way too much money to go to prison!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might as well just sell all your guns so you can stockpile more of your beloved money. 

• Like 4

Part of me wants to say FU and bury my mags in the woods.

Part of me is not interested in testing the new laws. I know, "why would the cops be in my house....how would they find them," etc.

The risk of getting caught is low, but the cost of getting caught is high.

I really don't want to sell or permanently alter my 15-round Beretta and Sig magazines worth $350. I don't really care about neutering my cheap PMAGs and HexMags.

So, how feasible would it be for a group of us to go in together on a small $40 per month storage unit in a centrally located storage facility in, say, Morrisville PA to store our magazines? Buy some cheap shelves, each of us puts our mags in a locking box and there they sit until the laws change (ha) or we all get the hell out of NJ. A small 5x5 unit could hold a lot of mags. Of course, individual access to the unit might be an issue. And someone would need to be in charge of the collecting funds and what not.

How much would you pay to store all your soon-to-be illegal mags in PA? I think I would be willing to pay $20 per year.

Or is the idea stoopid?

7 minutes ago, dajonga said:

Part of me is not interested in testing the new laws. I know, "why would the cops be in my house....how would they find them," etc.

I really don't want to sell or permanently alter my 15-round Beretta and Sig magazines worth $350. I don't really care about neutering my cheap PMAGs and HexMags.

So, how feasible would it be for a group of us to go in together on a small $40 per month storage unit in a centrally located storage facility in, say, Morrisville PA to store our magazines? Buy some cheap shelves, each of us puts our mags in a locking box and there they sit until the laws change (ha) or we all get the hell out of NJ. A small 5x5 unit could hold a lot of mags. Of course, individual access to the unit might be an issue. And someone would need to be in charge of the collecting funds and what not.

How much would you pay to store all your soon-to-be illegal mags in PA? I think I would be willing to pay $20 per year.

Or is the idea stoopid?

It’s not a bad idea. But let’s see what happens first.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dajonga said:

Or is the idea stoopid?

The house I'm buying a New Hampshire has a 30 by 34 garage. put your mags in a box tape it shut write your name on them and you can keep them there as long as you like. 

• Like 2

The ban is happening...can't stop it. But hey, catch a felony and fight the man. I make way too much money to go to prison!

My rights don't have a monetary value. If all of us tax payers who are making the money that supports the Dems takers stick together they can't afford to put us in prison. Especially business owners. I go to prison my employees are out of work. That is even less tax dollars for their constituents food, housing, medical care, utilities, and Obama phones. Plus they would have to build new prisons to house us. Feds probably wouldn't be too happy either with all the lost tax revenue. Though I digress because too many look at the small picture and are only out for number one.

Edit For the Record Shawn has the best idea on another thread but last I checked only 6 of us would commit to it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fishnut said:

The house I'm buying a New Hampshire has a 30 by 34 garage. put your mags in a box tape it shut write your name on them and you can keep them there as long as you like. 

Watch out!!! Some here may have pallets of mags. You may run out of space.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Fishnut, 

Thanks for the offer, but I want my stash of 500 pre-loaded 30 round magazines within bicycling distance for when the zombies come.

• Like 1

My rights don't have a monetary value. If all of us tax payers who are making the money that supports the Dems takers stick together they can't afford to put us in prison. Especially business owners. I go to prison my employees are out of work. That is even less tax dollars for their constituents food, housing, medical care, utilities, and Obama phones. Plus they would have to build new prisons to house us. Feds probably wouldn't be too happy either with all the lost tax revenue. Though I digress because too many look at the small picture and are only out for number one. 

Edit For the Record Shawn has the best idea on another thread but last I checked only 6 of us would commit to it.

Hahahaha yea you go first! Take the felony and let us know how it works out for you!

You have options... leave the state. Me? I'll use 10 rd mags and keep being a donator to 2a causes and hope something changes

• Like 1

Hahahaha yea you go first! Take the felony and let us know how it works out for you!

You have options... leave the state. Me? I'll use 10 rd mags and keep being a donator to 2a causes and hope something changes

Nothing will change when people are willing to accept tyranny and make excuses to comply. Donating a couple hundred dollars a year is helpful, but millions of dollars are needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Watch out!!! Some here may have pallets of mags. You may run out of space.

13 foot tall ceilings with an unfinished room above. Just provide a forklift please. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dajonga said:

Out of all the gun owners in NJ, how many people have gone to jail for having 16+ cap mags?

How many times has the state police walked down the firing line at ranges and checked mag capacity?

How often has local police searched gun owners houses looking for 16+ capacity mags?

Inquiring minds would like to know,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Out of all the gun owners in NJ, how many people have gone to jail for having 16+ cap mags?

How many times has the state police walked down the firing line at ranges and checked mag capacity?

How often has local police searched gun owners houses looking for 16+ capacity mags?

Never, but I have seen the state police shooting Ar15s at the Clinton wma .22 range.......ya know breaking the law and they dident even pick up their brass. To bad it was before cell phone video cameras 

34 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Wtf!

Dude I have a bad back I can't lift a full pallet 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

quantity

You need a large payroll to do the big quantity sales you are suggesting.  Making 25 bucks on a $500 gun does not make much sense unless your employees all work for free. 

51 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

You are correct, I know of no one who was jammed up over mags alone. Aitken was jammed up, but it was for more than just his hi-cap mags. I don't know if his situation would have been improved with legal mags. I have not been jammed up because everything I have is legal. And everything I own will continue to be legal. 

Stashing banned mags is a lot less risky than going to the range and shooting with one. I worked at a gun shop/range. I saw some things that were illegal. I would politely and discretely inform the owner that what they had was illegal, they should be very careful and inform them what they needed to do to be within the law. Sometimes they cared, sometimes they didn't.

I do not think the NJSP would walk down the line. I would be more worried about a nosey lane neighbor making a scene or summoning local police. Again, where I worked, I saw guys who were super pissed off about the noise of the AR in the next lane while they were introducing their wife to a .22 rifle. I saw guys get into arguments on the range. The wrong guy, on the wrong day, and I could see local police called to report a guy with a hicap mag. Likely...no. Possible...yes. 

I am not a worrier, or a "what if" kinda guy. I am not judging, preaching, or recommending anything. These are just thoughts that I am adding to the discussion of risk/reward. 

21 minutes ago, dajonga said:

You are correct, I know of no one who was jammed up over mags alone. Aitken was jammed up, but it was for more than just his hi-cap mags. I don't know if his situation would have been improved with legal mags. I have not been jammed up because everything I have is legal. And everything I own will continue to be legal. 

Stashing banned mags is a lot less risky than going to the range and shooting with one. I worked at a gun shop/range. I saw some things that were illegal. I would politely and discretely inform the owner that what they had was illegal, they should be very careful and inform them what they needed to do to be within the law. Sometimes they cared, sometimes they didn't.

I do not think the NJSP would walk down the line. I would be more worried about a nosey lane neighbor making a scene or summoning local police. Again, where I worked, I saw guys who were super pissed off about the noise of the AR in the next lane while they were introducing their wife to a .22 rifle. I saw guys get into arguments on the range. The wrong guy, on the wrong day, and I could see local police called to report a guy with a hicap mag. Likely...no. Possible...yes. 

I am not a worrier, or a "what if" kinda guy. I am not judging, preaching, or recommending anything. These are just thoughts that I am adding to the discussion of risk/reward. 

If the law is passed and not adjudicated for .. I would take legal mags to the range.

if I was you

Look up Keith Pantaleon. He won in the end, bit his life was turned upside down in the process.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

Never, but I have seen the state police shooting Ar15s at the Clinton wma .22 range.......ya know breaking the law and they dident even pick up their brass. To bad it was before cell phone video cameras 

Dude I have a bad back I can't lift a full pallet 

Don't fault them...what do they know...ya know....  .22-3

Rimfire centerfire..who cares

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Nope, not at all.

I am staying here, not calling out others as "patriots" then mentioning moving to another state.  

Had plans to move out of state for over 5 years, just had to finish out my obligations. Nothing to do with gun laws just want a better life for my daughter. I would move to NYC or california if it were better for her. In my opinion raising children in this state is setting them up for failure. 

• Like 2

Just now, fishnut said:

Had plans to move out of state for over 5 years, just had to finish out my obligations. Nothing to do with gun laws just want a better life for my daughter. I would move to NYC or california if it were better for her. In my opinion raising children in this state is setting them up for failure. 

All true, but you can't call out people for using the free market when you are doing the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

All true, but you can't call out people for using the free market when you are doing the same thing.

I'm keeping all my mags, however many rounds they hold. I'd keep them even if I was not leaving NJ and I'd use them not just stash them. Ask pat how I roll.

So yes I can call out the people like you that are selling off their 15 round mags. 

FWIW I started this thread after seeing your add selling off your mags. I am disappointed in you, thought you were different. 

Just now, fishnut said:

I'm keeping all my mags, however many rounds they hold. I'd keep them even if I was not leaving NJ and I'd use them not just stash them. Ask pat how I roll.

So yes I can call out the people like you that are selling off their 15 round mags. 

FWIW I started this thread after seeing your add selling off your mags. I am disappointed in you, thought you were different. 

No need to ask anyone anything.   I have been on the front lines of this fight since I knew there was a fight.  

If you haven't figured it out yet, lemme spell it out for ya

IF MY 15s IS GONNA BE ILLEGAL, THEN SO WILL 20s, 30s, 40s, 60s, 100s!

WHY OWN 15s!?!

Have fun in your new state, and keep your nuts tucked under nice and tight as you run away telling others they ain't "patriots".

@capt14k, this is what I deal with.