shooter28

Its finally done...for now

12 hours ago, shooter28 said:

Thats what I intially thought. Ive talked to Mike at Tier1 and a couple other instructors and they said they have no problem smacking steel at 1000 yards with this magnification level. 

Thanks for the compliment. 

Yeah, for shooting something larger like steel silhouettes, I can agree with that.  If you want to shoot 1 moa (or better) at longer range, you're gonna need the extra magnification.  There are other advantages like reading wind near the target or mirage better or easier ranging using the reticle.

After way to long, I finally got to shoot her. Hot and humid day at R14 but it was fun. It took more than I would have liked to get it zero but eventually got there. I had previously looked down the bore and tried to dial the scope so i would at least be on paper but I was shooting high and it took a while to figure that out. Never shot a rifle like this before but I'm happy with the results. I'm definitely the weak link in the system and can tell this rifle will be wayyy more accurate than me. 

28795069257_8f5a5c9e60_b.jpg

This was the first real group I shot for once I was close to getting it zeroed. Just over 1 MOA @100 yards. 

42967452214_81f9bc877f_b.jpg

Confirmed zero group. Ignore the shots below and to the right of the blue circle. Those were from earlier in the day when I was trying to get the shots on paper. .75" at 100 yards

28795069347_8b45945a60_b.jpg

I adjusted the trigger a bit when I got home. With a little more practice, I see no reason I can't get this thing down to under .5 MOA.

@Ray Ray @Zeke

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shooter28 said:

Yea I completely forgot to save that brass. I don’t reload and really don’t have the space to get into it here in his apt. I’ll try to remember to hold onto it from now on tho

Get a bucket or a box or sumtin..

im kicking myself for not saving every spent a few years ago. I don’t reload yet...

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Get a bucket or a box or sumtin..

im kicking myself for not saving every spent a few years ago. I don’t reload yet...

Learn to reload.  I just shot some reloads from 9yrs ago on Friday.

• Like 1

Went out the other day to confirm zero before class next weekend. I think Im set. 140 ELD @ 100 yards

Note: The red X's are from me shooting the AR with a T1 at 100 yards unsupported. Those are not from my RPR. 

45016243472_6d26f1f55d_b.jpg

43252065960_012727c1d2_b.jpg

On 7/29/2018 at 9:10 PM, JC_68Westy said:

Learn to reload.  I just shot some reloads from 9yrs ago on Friday.

I still have some reloads fromy 40 years ago I haven't shot yet.  How they escaped consumption from my mutiple moves I don't know how.

• Like 1