GramGun79

SCAR 17 Prices??

19 minutes ago, BullzeyeNJ said:

That’s the price you pay for awesomeness. 

Sadly, people will pay just because they think it is true.   Even though a home build AR at 1/6 the cost is just as good.

Let me be specific, it depends on what your after. And in my opinion if your after a SCAR17 you want hard core reliability and to run a 308 like an M4. In that realm the SCAR17 really has no contender. 8Lbs, incredibly reliable, extremely controllable. You aren't building just as good for even money(in terms of my criteria).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

Let me be specific, it depends on what your after. And in my opinion if your after a SCAR17 you want hard core reliability and to run a 308 like an M4. In that realm the SCAR17 really has no contender. 8Lbs, incredibly reliable, extremely controllable. You aren't building just as good for even money(in terms of my criteria).

Yeah, but 4,000 pesos?!?!?  Is it made of gold?

@Shane45, for what WE do.  You, me, others here NOT kicking in doors and shooting goat fuckers, is it a necessity?  No

Which, in reality, a DPMS 308 or M&P 10 will do the exact same thing FOR WHAT WE NEED.  ya dig?

Now, let it be known that a SCAR16 is my dream 556 rifle.

Nothing I do is based on necessity. If that were the case my diet would be healthy, My big ass 8000lb Deisel truck would be a Subaru Forester, all my near 200 horse power motocycles would have been Vespas....you get the point. But My firearms are my insurance policies I get to play with. Therefore I expect them to far exceed my needs unless some day those needs become realities. With that being said, if you wanted to do some 3 Gun Heavy Metal division, I think the SCAR would be quite a contender.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Shane45 said:

With that being said, if you wanted to do some 3 Gun Heavy Metal division, I think the SCAR would be quite a contender.

Not something that interests me, but that video you posted is pure love.

[mention=8508]GramGun79[/mention].
when can I shoot it?

Are you sure...if you think the Mrs fell in love with the Benelli you’d be in big trouble with this one. One of these days il head south and bring her with me. Where you Shoot down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, GramGun79 said:

Are you sure...if you think the Mrs fell in love with the Benelli you’d be in big trouble with this one. One of these days il head south and bring her with me. Where you Shoot down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t have to let her know... it can be our widdle secret. Shhhhhhhh:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vjf915 said:

It is...but I'm not sure I'd want to risk accidentally sending a .308 through my vehicle.

Agreed, 100%  

I get the "real life" training but ruining my truck isn't the real life I need.

SCAR is a nice rifle, I rented one once at Gun For Hire a few years ago, and that $100 to rent with ammo was enough to get that itch out of my system for one. Cool gun but not worth the $$ for me. With everything being proprietary and expensive, I rather have an AR10

A lot less proprietary than a scar...can’t even use .308 mags in a SCAR.

34 minutes ago, JR88USMC said:

A lot less proprietary than a scar...can’t even use .308 mags in a SCAR.

swap a billet lower receiver and you can.  

NJ is going towards 10rd mags, FN makes 10rd mags......so, ur good!   who needs Magpul mags anyway.

What makes you think Pmags work in all AR10's? JR, your statements make me wonder how well versed you actually are in the large pattern AR platform.

How is it a lot less proprietary? Are you under the impression you can toss any AR10 parts together and they will fit? I assure you this is not the case.

2 hours ago, Shane45 said:

Do tell! I dont know who he is. If its the dude in the vid, it just happened to be the first random one I found that showed the flat shooting characteristics of the 17 :D

He is a homophobe.  And an idiot.

• Like 1

What makes you think Pmags work in all AR10's? JR, your statements make me wonder how well versed you actually are in the large pattern AR platform.

How is it a lot less proprietary? Are you under the impression you can toss any AR10 parts together and they will fit? I assure you this is not the case.

For one, I didn’t say P-Mags, I said .308 mags. Because for the most part they do. All DPMS and stoner style models the P-Mags work, P-Mags work in the lwrci REPR. The HK762, no Lancer & GI mags work in them. I’m fully aware there is no universal .308 pattern like the AR-15 platform, put down your skirt. You have an opinion and so do I. I don’t think the SCAR is anything special. For that money I would rather have a REPR or HK762RMR.

My Windham, anything made for DPMS style .308 carbines work, that’s a lot less proprietary parts than what are in a SCAR. Like I said, calm down it’s ok to have a disagreement.