EHTMin14

FID card needed to rent rifles or shoot my own rifles at NJ ranges? I'm a PA/NJ Dual resident

Just now, Smokin .50 said:

You've never attended a Nappen lecture where he shows you his unloaded Sub-2000 carbine in his suitcase on stage at a NJSAFECON have you?

No I haven't.

Where does he keep the ammo?

I presume it's not loaded in a magazine in the same suitcase?

5 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

That's news to me too. Does anyone here actually do that?

All the time!  I have a 20 ga. double in my car trunk from yesterday's match.  Everybody that grew-up when I did (or later) doesn't worry about such things as we KNOW what the laws are & how to schmooze them.  When I turn the key in the ignition, I can go anywhere but a military base, government building or school zone.  KNOW yer rights & USE THEM!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lakota said:

news to me as well.    I wouldnt suggest it.

IANAL!

I exercise all of my rights whenever I want.  KNOWING whatcha can & can't do is very rewarding.  If I was a member of multiple private clubs w/ indoor ranges w/ 24/7/365 access spread over a dozen counties, I'd be able to always be en-route to one of them and with my unloaded hand guns & ammo in the car too!  Even at ZERO DARK THIRTY!  Nowhere in the laws does it state you can't be a member of a dozen different ranges.  Or own multiple residences.  Or own multiple vacant parcels.  See, the laws are written so business owners & land owners can collect their money & patrol their properties, and do so one after the other, any time of the day or night.  If I go to titty bar #1, and then to the next & the next, so long as I have an uninterrupted string of appearances at exempt locations (I own all of these bidnesses), AND I do so w/o obvious deviations, I'm totally within the letter AND intent of the law & do so legally!

People here have to stop putting themselves into the middle of their own gun ownership(s) situations and instead look at the entire mess from OUTSIDE THE BOX!  The key is to fully understand every EXEMPTION and not just those that apply to little old YOU, your two hand guns & your single range membership!

27 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

No I haven't.

Where does he keep the ammo?

I presume it's not loaded in a magazine in the same suitcase?

He didn't say.  For all I know he could have had a box of ammo in the attache case with the unloaded gun & unloaded mag :) .  For $20 bucks ya get one hell of an edumacation at a NJSAFECON that's fer SURE!  :) 

My NJ FPID card states "Is hereby granted permission to purchase and carry pursuant to N.J.S. 2C:58-3 and 2C:39-5 with amendments and supplements.  The words "and carry" have been removed from the for quite a while but our right to carry an unloaded rifle or shotgun remains and many in NJ do just that!:)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

He said rifle or AR15, not a shotgun in his trunk.

Last time I checked, the AR15 is a rifle and NJ calls it a LONG ARM, just like a shotgun.........No differentiation!

The PRNJ does a great job by itself at taking away our 2A rights.........They DO NOT NEED OUR HELP!  Enjoy your rights while you can and please stop making up your own new restrictions that do not yet exist!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Last time I checked, the AR15 is a rifle and NJ calls it a LONG ARM, just like a shotgun.........No differentiation!

The PRNJ does a great job by itself at taking away our 2A rights.........They DO NOT NEED OUR HELP!  Enjoy your rights while you can and please stop making up your own new restrictions that do not yet exist!

^^^THIS^^^

ALL:  Learn from this man, for he understands how to freely employ his rights!  :) 

On 4/26/2018 at 8:49 AM, WP22 said:

And now you started the drawn out argument whether or not having a loaded magazine is considered the same as having a loaded gun.

If they don't wanna start THAT one, how about asking me questions about the SIX posts I just donated?  It gets hard to "listen to crickets" after-all :) 

On 4/27/2018 at 0:42 PM, Smokin .50 said:

If they don't wanna start THAT one, how about asking me questions about the SIX posts I just donated?  It gets hard to "listen to crickets" after-all :) 

• Like 1