Lambo2936

Optic for Tavor X95

I put an AFG on mine. Im so not used to the platform though, i have to do some experimenting to see what works best. The EO just isnt doin it for me, but i have no idea what to get in its place... lmao. Think i may go with an aimpoint.. but i like having a bit of magnification like on my ARs with Acogs.

I second @High Exposure on the Steiner P4Xi suggestion. It's been going on sale here and there for low $400 recently and is excellent all around. I find I'm just as fast using the red dot reticle for CQB as I am with my Eotechs and the glass is clearer than anything else in its price point. My one suggestion specifically for a Tavor would be potentially getting a 1.93" height scope mount because of the low sight line/bore line. 

^Agree. The Tavor is Ugly, but in a cool way.. Lol

On 4/19/2018 at 5:22 PM, bhunted said:

Like this?emoji16.png
I got all kinds of setups.
25a331b7e71350ca3237b4694b99d40c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Have an FDE one just like you, Bhunt. I have the EO with Mag on it right now, thought about an ACOG but i think it'd sit too high. Maybe i'll just sell the damn thing...... TBH I've been purging big time lately selling off all sorts of stuff.
Can sell the Tavor, put 1k in my pocket, and 1500 or so into another build (AR10?).

The Tavor is fully capable of shoot 400-600 yards... I'd scope it. There are several good all-around scopes with 2.5-10 or 3-12 magnification that would work well at any range from point blank to 600 yards. Save your money for the Aimpoint, it will pay for itself before you know it. The cheap sights will just suck money out of your wallet and drive you crazy, and you'll just end up paying for the better sight down the road. If I had what I wasted on cheap red dots when I first started looking at them, I have a couple more Aimpoints now. 

I've been running M2's/ML2's on both my AR's and Tavor (and a couple of others) since they were the "new" model, and they are still going strong now for around 12 years of pretty steady use and abuse. They are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep on going and going......

The Aimpoints also won't break the bank feeding their battery habit. Mine is pretty much "old school" now, and I leave them on 24/7/365 and change the batteries once a year. The new ones I believe, are up to about 9 years on a battery.

Also, don't get caught up on one or the other. Get both. With lever mounts, you can have either at a flip of a lever or two and swap them at will, with no loss of zero. I have one AR that usually wears a Leupold 1.5x5 https://thetacticalscopes.com/best-optic-for-tavor/  on an old ARMS lever mount, and a backup, pre zeroed Aimpoint on an ARMS M68 mount. Best of both worlds.There are a lot of useful videos on this topic on Youtube, I will leave here one of them, I hope someone will come in handy. Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiM5uLQUOwk